Marathon Weekend 2025

SAFD: Training for Dopey using the Hal Higdon plan. This plan starts with a 13 mile long run week, so I threw on a 12 week half marathon plan before this one to get to 13 miles organically (and I also know that I NEED a training plan or I just won't run enough lol). I'm feeling good about it after my 14 miler this past weekend and looking forward to next weekend only being an 8 mile long run. 😆

SAFD: Decided this year I was going to enter into some fall races to accompany my normal training for Dopey. I ran in a small charity 10k race this past Saturday. I actually got third overall in the race and first in my age group (I said it was small, :-) ). This coming weekend I have a 10 mile race. Then I am looking for a half marathon towards the end of November.

SAFD: Training for the full during MW, which will be my very first. I'm in the fifth week of a training plan that @DopeyBadger graciously provided, and for which I am extremely grateful. It's way better than whatever plan I would have done as an uneducated novice.

And like some others have mentioned, I too will be participating in the upcoming Atlantic Station 10 Miler and Thanksgiving Half here in the Atlanta area.

SAFD: Starting my 5th week of marathon training! So far, so good, despite it still being disgustingly hot. I just want it to be in the 60s again! :(

I just ran the Margaritaville 10k. I'm planning to do the Space Coast half marathon on December 1. But the marathon is my big goal.

I'm also doing the Princess challenge in February.

SAFD: I'm training for my third Dopey, using a vintage DopeyBadger plan. Much like @marty3d I've made some adjustments to work around travel and things have been going relatively well. I did get thrown off last week when I went to help DM and DSD organize their house for their move from Clearwater to Celebration. I arrived on Saturday, got my long run in on Sunday (had to slow down as I didn't get ahead of the sun as much as I'd hoped), woke up with a migraine on Tuesday, then Helene came along and wrecked the rest of the week, including pushing my return home from Thursday to Saturday. I did get my 10-mile long run in yesterday and felt fine so I don't think I lost too much fitness.

I have no other races before MW except the W&D 5K just for fun.

SAFD: I am doing Jeff Galloways customized program with Chris twiggs for my first Dopey. I have nothing else planned but may sign up for a last min thing just for training purposes. I did 17 miles as my long run this weekend. This is the longest I have ran since I did my first marathon in 2023. (I have been doing half's and 10 milers.) It was soo hot but I did not breakdown... my first time I did 17 miles I broke down around 14 or 15 miles in. I feel much better prepared this time around. I am not looking forward to the 20 plus miler simulation weekends coming up... but I feel like I can do them. I have been pretty good about doing my crosstraining too which is yoga, body weight training and treadmill incline walks. I use ifit and YouTube videos for those. Overall I pleased where I am at... could I be faster yep... I wish I got my POT for dopey... but I am 40, chubby, and short soo I think slow and steady is just the way I am going to be as a runner.

SAFD: I'm training for my third Dopey, using a vintage DopeyBadger plan. Much like @marty3d I've made some adjustments to work around travel and things have been going relatively well. I did get thrown off last week when I went to help DM and DSD organize their house for their move from Clearwater to Celebration. I arrived on Saturday, got my long run in on Sunday (had to slow down as I didn't get ahead of the sun as much as I'd hoped), woke up with a migraine on Tuesday, then Helene came along and wrecked the rest of the week, including pushing my return home from Thursday to Saturday. I did get my 10-mile long run in yesterday and felt fine so I don't think I lost too much fitness.

I have no other races before MW except the W&D 5K just for fun.
Hey, if you're ever in the Celebration area visiting them, let me know if you'd like a running buddy! I'm not that far away. :)

SAFD: Training for the half at MW. Most of September went pretty well. I ran the Cow Harbor 10K last weekend, which is the 10K national championship race. It's so hilly and totally destroyed my quads and knees. Went for a short run today after missing my weekend runs and my legs are feeling about 90% now. Not planning any other races between now and MW, unless a small local race pops up.

SAFD: As you were writing the question, I was driving home from the Clarence DeMar marathon, part of my training for Dopey I guess. Why not, right? It’s more fun when your long runs are with a few hundred new friends. Really training never stops, I run the same 5 days/week year round for the most part changing paces and distances when a race is coming up. So knock on wood, I’ll say Dopey training is going well. Good luck to all in their training and races.

SAFD: Currently tapering to run the Wingelass full next weekend! Had a pretty good training cycle so hoping for a PR and maybe that sub 4:30 corral b POT (if that’s how it goes this year with the POT changes). Plan will be to recover and then start focusing on marathon weekend full which will be a fun run!

Tapering for the Full at Wineglass this weekend in Corning. Some recovery after that then swinging into Goofy training. Hopefully the fitness will carry through the fall. I have a 10k on Thanksgiving and some other fun run 5k's to look forward to.

Good luck next weekend!

I’d be very interested in hearing about this one after, it’s on my short list

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest