• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2025

did this open briefly? because I clicked on one of those last year (or 2 years ago?), and then everything closed and reopened like 20min later and that one never got through.
I have no idea... it's all guesswork when it comes to Disney IT, lol

Question about donated queues: can you still donate one if it’s already gone through? As in, say I have a queue with 2 mins left and send it to a friend, but by the time they get it and click it’s gone to 0 mins and is at the registration page - will it still work for them, or does it start over with a wait?? I feel like this is a dumb question, but I’m only on my first cup of coffee and it’s puzzling me lol!

You can share it as long as you don't click on this screen and the time limit hasn't expired. I don't think you can get to the queue ID though once this screen pops up. Maybe from the browser? But I think you need to capture the queue ID before this pops up.

1712668964824.png

Once you click "Enter the site" the queue ID becomes permanently yours and can't be used by someone else.

If you share a queue ID, once someone clicks "enter the site" it becomes theirs. Others might be able to access the registration screen through this link, but once they try to pay it'll block them. This is why you don't want to share links outside of Direct Messages via the DIS (not directed at you, but to the general population).

Reminder, you can share queue IDs to yourself as well.

I did also confirm during Princess 2023 registration that you can send a link (queue ID) to yourself just the same as sharing it with another person. So for instance, let's say Safari on my phone has the lowest wait time of all my devices, and my computer wait times are all much longer. But I don't feel confident I can register quickly on my phone. I can email myself the link (I believe you click on the underlined queue ID and it says "copy link"), and then open it on my computer. Nothing happened to the link of my phone and it proceeded as normal. But now I had the exact same wait and queue ID on my computer opened if I'm remembering correctly in a different browser (same browser would work too). I was then able to register faster on my computer.

With 10 minutes to spare, I registered for Dopey 2025. I started crying at the thought of not doing it.

See y'all there. I'll be the professor of Dopey University... ;) did I tell y'all? I PASSED MY DISSERTATION DEFENSE.

My training journal desperately needs an update (or twenty).

Congrats!! I earned my PhD in 2015 (oh my gosh time passes so quickly). What is it about running that attracts so many PhDs?

Welcome to the PhD club! I defended in 2006 about 7 months pregnant. That was a great way to have my advisor commit to me finishing :).

You can share it as long as you don't click on this screen and the time limit hasn't expired. I don't think you can get to the queue ID though once this screen pops up. Maybe from the browser? But I think you need to capture the queue ID before this pops up.

View attachment 849790

Once you click "Enter the site" the queue ID becomes permanently yours and can't be used by someone else.

If you share a queue ID, once someone clicks "enter the site" it becomes theirs. Others might be able to access the registration screen through this link, but once they try to pay it'll block them. This is why you don't want to share links outside of Direct Messages via the DIS (not directed at you, but to the general population).
Thanks @DopeyBadger - this is exactly what I needed to know! I bungled it trying to send a queue to a friend for W&D and I think where I went wrong was not sharing it before it got to “It’s Time!”

So you can open a shared queue ID in the same browser that you have already used to enter the queue? i.e. a browser that has already been assigned it's own queue ID?
yes. but if i'm reading Billy's post correctly, it will then replace the queue ID on that device.

The 7mo mark is going to be in June. Anyway, how long do you think is safe to wait for booking a 2br for the weekend days?
I'd try and grab one right before the 7 month window opens.

I may as well sign up for Dopey
😍

He has gone from 'running is stupid' to 'I'll try the half' (last MW) to 'at some point I'll do a full.')
DH shocked the hell out of me last night when he said "maybe I'll do the 5K with you"!!! Still trying to get him to commit with 25 minutes to go for reg.

It's registration day and I still don't know what I should sign up for.
If you decide on Dopey, you'll have company! :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter