Marathon Weekend 2024

Well getting home to Houston today is a nightmare. Flight keeps getting delayed over and over because of weather. My parents, who flew in from Sacramento, are headed home also and were flying through the smaller Houston airport. Their flight is also delayed several hours. They are missing their connection. Due to the college football championship in Houston today, no avails able flights tonight or tomorrow. So when we eventually get back to Houston, will have to pick them up and they have to stay with us until Wednesday, the first day they could get a flight back. Always a fun way to close out a Disney World trip. Lol.

I learned two new things this year.

1. Epsom salts make your scalp itchy. Great to bathe in but don’t dunk your whole head under.

2. There are more places on my body than I’d realized that require body glide if there’s any chance of rain. Chafing is no fun.
Yeah the rain really messed that up for me too, I’m chafed to hell and back.

Well getting home to Houston today is a nightmare. Flight keeps getting delayed over and over because of weather. My parents, who flew in from Sacramento, are headed home also and were flying through the smaller Houston airport. Their flight is also delayed several hours. They are missing their connection. Due to the college football championship in Houston today, no avails able flights tonight or tomorrow. So when we eventually get back to Houston, will have to pick them up and they have to stay with us until Wednesday, the first day they could get a flight back. Always a fun way to close out a Disney World trip. Lol.
UA 2303? I got screwed over with that too, but I think my bag’s still on that flight. I managed to grab the last ticket on the 1:50 flight. What a nightmare.

UA 2303? I got screwed over with that too, but I think my bag’s still on that flight. I managed to grab the last ticket on the 1:50 flight. What a nightmare.
I am on Southwest 2333. We haven’t even gone through security yet and have been here for almost 2 hours. Just sitting at the food court watching this play out. But we do have to send off our son back to U of Tennessee. He is flying straight there from here. So at least we are not rushed to do that.

I am on Southwest 2333. We haven’t even gone through security yet and have been here for almost 2 hours. Just sitting at the food court watching this play out. But we do have to send off our son back to U of Tennessee. He is flying straight there from here. So at least we are not rushed to do that.
Well fingers crossed you all get there ok, my pilot just said the weather looks like it’ll clear up in the next hour or so but that there’s currently a ground stop at both IAH and HOU

I’m on UA 774 to IAH too. So glad it’s departing without a hitch! (Edit: jk, on a ground stop)

Had an amazing weekend even without any park days, thanks to running the half-Half, spectating the marathon, and some great meals at Sebastian’s, the Mara, and Steakhouse 71. Already looking forward to Marathon Weekend 2025.

Last edited:
Those drinking around the world, please be sure to try the La Fin du Monde at the Canada popcorn cart if you like beer - we had it last night and it is absolutely divine! Please go ahead and have one for me, too, since I’m back home and wish I was there. :rotfl:
That's my husband's favorite beer!

Anyone flying tomorrow afternoon and evening from FL. Keep getting weather warnings about a storm that is moving in. Wind gusts up to 70MPH, hail in some areas, flooding rain and tornado potential.

View attachment 824119
Yep. Flight back to NC at 7p tomorrow. Not looking forward to the weather impact.

I’m on UA 774 to IAH too. So glad it’s departing without a hitch! (Edit: jk, on a ground stop)

Had an amazing weekend even without any park days, thanks to running the half-Half, spectating the marathon, and some great meals at Sebastian’s, the Mara, and Steakhouse 71. Already looking forward to Marathon Weekend 2025.
You jinxed us! I had just fallen asleep when they stopped and came over the intercom.

I heard the chime from the cockpit calling the cabin and then the telltale sound of engines powering down and went “oops.” 🤡 My bad!
FlightAware has us on a ground delay until 3p ET, 2p CT due to wind at IAH fwiw

Storms looking like they may be out by then 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter