Marathon Weekend 2024

It doesn’t look like there’s a lot of data points for the 5k, but my son registered on one of the last few days before the charity cutoff date, and got bib 734xx with an estimated pace of 12-14 min/mile. His bib last year was 742xx, with a 14-16 pace and regular registration, which put him in corral D.
I’m guessing we’ll still be in corral D, since last year one of our family members had bib number 735xx and was in corral D.

Does charity impact it? I'm at 261XX and Dopey for Charity with a 5-5:30 est

Maybe? Don't know at this point. Limited charity data suggests at this point that it may not. We have five charity bibs marked and they all appear to be slotted in a ranked manner.

SAFD: A couple things I would add to the great thoughts already shared.

First, go to a meetup if you can no matter how anxious you feel about it. Last year I forced myself to go to HH on Friday after skipping out for years because I was nervous about not knowing anyone. Got there and was greeted by @Kerry1957 who quickly made me feel at ease. Because of that I also went to the pre-race meetups for HM and full. It made the time waiting to head to the corrals fly by. You will not regret giving it a shot. And for those who are veterans of the meetups, introduce yourself to someone new. It goes a long way for those of us with social anxiety.

Second, along the lines of what others have said, take what the day gives you. Rarely does the race go according to plan. Roll with it and focus on setting a PR in fun no matter what happens otherwise. I have learned the hard way that positive mental imaging can make a world of difference. In those moments that suck, find a cool costume, stop for a character you hadn’t planned on, or simply tell a runner next to you what a great job they are doing. It helps reframe a bad situation sometimes.

Finally, thank the volunteers. Many of them are there before we are in the morning and are doing it so we can have a good race. A word of thanks means a lot.

SAFD: A couple things I would add to the great thoughts already shared.

First, go to a meetup if you can no matter how anxious you feel about it. Last year I forced myself to go to HH on Friday after skipping out for years because I was nervous about not knowing anyone. Got there and was greeted by @Kerry1957 who quickly made me feel at ease. Because of that I also went to the pre-race meetups for HM and full. It made the time waiting to head to the corrals fly by. You will not regret giving it a shot. And for those who are veterans of the meetups, introduce yourself to someone new. It goes a long way for those of us with social anxiety.

Second, along the lines of what others have said, take what the day gives you. Rarely does the race go according to plan. Roll with it and focus on setting a PR in fun no matter what happens otherwise. I have learned the hard way that positive mental imaging can make a world of difference. In those moments that suck, find a cool costume, stop for a character you hadn’t planned on, or simply tell a runner next to you what a great job they are doing. It helps reframe a bad situation sometimes.

Finally, thank the volunteers. Many of them are there before we are in the morning and are doing it so we can have a good race. A word of thanks means a lot.
Kerry did the same for me 2 years ago.

Dopey bib 206xx
A few numbers higher than last year with the same 3:58 Marathon POT.
I had forgotten that I was in A last year. With that, I’m definitely not starting near the front of the corral.

Maybe? Don't know at this point. Limited charity data suggests at this point that it may not. We have five charity bibs marked and they all appear to be slotted in a ranked manner.
Yeah I’m charity as well and 205XX for dopey and very likely in A with my POT, so I don’t think that impacts it

Our travels are over! We made it to Disney! Had an uneventful trip, arrived earlier than anticipated and our room was ready! DH and I are sitting on our balcony at Saratoga Springs enjoying a cocktail. Hard to believe that in one week the race weekend will be wrapping up.

It’s not
May be obvious to some but the races (5k and 10k) that have the little curve up between the Guardians show building and the spaceship this year potentially have an amazing photo op. Taken roughly from where a photopass CM could be (just picture it in the dark). Curious how it turns out in the race.

View attachment 821677

From Wine & Dine 5K
IMG_1784.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter