Marathon Weekend 2024

I wish rD would come out with some minimalist merch. I don’t love the huge graphics on the back of the jackets. The MW jacket only shows the front so maybe it’s plain on the back but then it’s…white?! Who can keep a white jacket white??? Hopefully DL merch is better but if the C2C medals were any indication then I’ll be saving a lot of money!

I would LOVE some more embroidered merch. Just because we are runners doesn’t mean it needs to be “athletic” material! I’ve noticed a lot of partially embroidered shirts and sweatshirts on my last trip so maybe that will make its way over to runDisney.

I tend to concentrate the tailwind a bit, so the sweet factor has definitely been there for me in the past.

My local FleetFeet of course doesn't have it in-stock, so now I have to decide about getting some shipped here from amazon (the day before we leave) or shipped to our resort. And I don't even know if I'll like it.

I also use huma, liquid IV (between races for hydration), gu, and stroopwaffles, but I usually struggle getting fuel in later in the races.
If you’ve ever stared intently at a packet of Tailwind because it said “concentrate”….

With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy

Listening to a podcast this morning on my run where they were talking about the courses for the weekend and the food stops. It got me thinking, does everyone have a "dirty little secret" about something at the races that either everyone seems to love but you hate or vice versa? Here's my confession: I can't stand the chocolate stop in HS during the marathon. At that point in the race I am usually so hot/tired that I feel like the chocolate just gets stuck in my mouth and will not go away, but everyone seems to rave about that stop. Curious what some others might be.

I would LOVE some more embroidered merch. Just because we are runners doesn’t mean it needs to be “athletic” material! I’ve noticed a lot of partially embroidered shirts and sweatshirts on my last trip so maybe that will make its way over to runDisney.
Me too! I’d like a simple embroidered MW with year, small design of characters running…crewneck or even a zip up athletic jacket…nothing on the back!!

Who else is bracing themselves for the "supply chain issues" at the expo?
😑 <——that’s how I feel about their “supply chain issue” excuse.

I can't stand the chocolate stop in HS during the marathon. At that point in the race I am usually so hot/tired that I feel like the chocolate just gets stuck in my mouth and will not go away, but everyone seems to rave about that stop.
Hard agree!! I’ve never taken it because I feel like at that point it would basically be like PB getting stuck in your mouth. But who knows maybe that’s the point. You forget what you’re doing for a moment because you’re so focused on not choking. 😂

I wish rD would come out with some minimalist merch. I don’t love the huge graphics on the back of the jackets. The MW jacket only shows the front so maybe it’s plain on the back but then it’s…white?! Who can keep a white jacket white??? Hopefully DL merch is better but if the C2C medals were any indication then I’ll be saving a lot of money!
Agree wit this. I wish they would come out with some general rD merch where the year or race name is not all over everything. I feel like when it is branded with a year, it only has so much life in it before I start to think it needs to be donated or retired because it is dated. I also wish the merch wasn't so loud. Give me some plain, quiet designs.

Agree wit this. I wish they would come out with some general rD merch where the year or race name is not all over everything. I feel like when it is branded with a year, it only has so much life in it before I start to think it needs to be donated or retired because it is dated. I also wish the merch wasn't so loud. Give me some plain, quiet designs.
They definitely have general rundisney merch now at the expo. It's usually black/white/blue (possibly some green ala galloway)

Here's my confession: I can't stand the chocolate stop in HS during the marathon. At that point in the race I am usually so hot/tired that I feel like the chocolate just gets stuck in my mouth and will not go away, but everyone seems to rave about that stop. Curious what some others might be.
I've never gotten to the chocolate stop when there was still chocolate left, so I am unqualified to assess it....but I think I'd agree with you.

They definitely have general rundisney merch now at the expo. It's usually black/white/blue (possibly some green ala galloway)
I do recall there being some last year. If I remember, it was very underwhelming. My friend had me get him some and remember thinking I was going to grab some, but then after seeing it, decided to save the money. I think rD could learn from some of the sellers on Etsy.

My wife made a big deal about the chocolate… describing it as leftover Halloween Party candy. So when I ran this year I was looking forward to it as by the time I got towards DHS I was ready to do some damage to a few Snickers. But when I ran by it was just Dove dark chocolate, if I remember correctly - that didn’t sound appetizing at all to me. Big let down! 😂

It got me thinking, does everyone have a "dirty little secret" about something at the races that either everyone seems to love but you hate or vice versa? Here's my confession: I can't stand the chocolate stop in HS during the marathon. At that point in the race I am usually so hot/tired that I feel like the chocolate just gets stuck in my mouth and will not go away, but everyone seems to rave about that stop. Curious what some others might be.
I’m a chocoholic, but also agree—I may take the chocolate, but never eat it til I’m finished the race.

So mine would be that I really like the “dead” sections of road like Osceola or Floridian Way or even Bear Lake. I definitely need some moments of peace and quiet to just run, breathe and listen to the footfall and breathing of other runners. I just ran NYC Marathon this year and found it unbearably noisy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter