Marathon Weekend 2023

Yes, I'm running Dopey, but Marathon Weekend is also a vacation for me. So I'm going to answer differently than if I was just running a race.

I'd prefer race temperatures to be around 50-60 degrees with low humidity until I am off the course. But when the races are done, I'd prefer 75-80 as the daily temperature. Warm enough to walk around in shorts and even go to the pool.

I don't want the polar vortex but also not so hot that they cut the course short.
SAFD — add me to the list that thinks this would be ideal!

SAFD: Y'all KNOW what I'm going to say, right? Honestly at this point I'll take anything short of the brutal record high temps I've been stuck with my only two in-person MWs so far. I AM DUE, DAMMIT!

Ideal answer is the same as @Baloo in MI . Even with a slow pace, lots of walking and stops, I much prefer to be on the cold side than the warm side. This sounds heavenly!

My Answer: I am a cold weather runner if given the choice. Many WDW Marathon Weekends have chewed me up and spit me out because it got too hot. I would love a high 40’s to low 50’s race temp. But most important for me is going to be the humidity, specifically having low humidity. So the perfect race day is going to be high 40’s, low humidity and overcast skies. Is this too much to ask…

SAFD: I feel like we should be saying what we don’t want to try to manipulate the universe with some reverse psychology. It seems to always give us what we don’t want. So with that in mind, I personally LOVE running in the humidity and blaring sun. 140+ temp plus dew is my happy place. I want to sweat so much I could sail away. 😆 Pickle juice for breakfast lunch and dinner.

I prefer cold. The colder the better. That said, I'll be on a solo vacation as well, and I'm not running the marathon so.... If we could have starts in the high 40s and daytime temps around 80 that would be perfect. I'm willing to go a little warmer though since I'm not running the marathon. And no rain! I hate running in the rain so so much. It's just gross and squishy and gross. Did I say gross?

SAFD: I definitely feel like I’m jinxing myself, but my wishlist would be lows in the 40’s, staying in the 50’s-low 60’s for finish lines and some cloud cover. I mean, while we are dreaming, I’ll say low humidity, but let’s be real, it’s FL and humidity is relative. I would be happy with anything lower than 85%. That’s the tipping point here where I can feel the difference in the humidity. Above that, 89% might as well be 97%. It’s humid and it sucks.

Good Morning runDisney All-Stars! It is time for SAFD,

Well, we are a little more than two months out, so clearly time to talk weather…. No. Not what the weather will be in January, but what is the weather that you would like for Marathon Weekend.

My Answer: I am a cold weather runner if given the choice. Many WDW Marathon Weekends have chewed me up and spit me out because it got too hot. I would love a high 40’s to low 50’s race temp. But most important for me is going to be the humidity, specifically having low humidity. So the perfect race day is going to be high 40’s, low humidity and overcast skies. Is this too much to ask…
This! Last year for the W&D half temps were in the low 40s at race start and it was ideal.

Greetings fellow Marathoners!

I'm very late to the party and haven't been checking this forum like I normally would leading up to Marathon weekend.

Is the Goof Troop still a thing? The Pandemic sure changed things with the cancellation of the 2021 Marathon. I didn't end up signing up for the 2022 Disney Marathon and actually gave in to laziness and just ran some halfs and other distances. But, I did get a spot in the Dopey Challenge in 2023, and can't wait to get down there again. Do you know if the old Goof Troop is planning on meeting while down in Disney in January?

The Goof Troop meetups in 2020 were so fun, and hopefully we can get together during the weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter