• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mara Biscuit recipe--I got it!!!

Voice of Liberty

Earning My Ears
Hey All!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Piratesmate for the e-mail addy for the AKL culinary staff! I finally received a response last week and got the recipe for the biscuits they serve at The Mara. (I think I must have thrown them a curve ball at AKL with that request! :) )

The recipe they sent to me was scaled down, but they still suggested that adjustments might need to be made to duplicate the flavor and texture of their original biscuit. (I found that I needed a little more liquid to get the dough to the right consistency for me) I made them a couple of days ago, and I even scaled down the "scaled down" version. They turned out great and taste like the ones I remembered. Keep in mind that my "scaled down" version still made 20 biscuits!!(which means the Original Version probably yields 45-50 biscuits!!) I will post both the actual recipe sent to me by the culinary staff and my "scaled down/adjusted" version. Hope you all will enjoy them as much as I have!! I love these boards! :D

Here's the Original Version e-mailed to me:

BISCUIT
(MARA)

Ingredients:

1 pound 13 ounces All-Purpose Flour
1 ½ ounces Baking Powder
8 ounces Sugar
¾ ounce Salt
1 ½ Lemon Zest
8 ounces Butter
3 ½ ounces Buttermilk
12 ounces Heavy Cream

Method:

Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl with a paddle.

Add butter until mixture resembles cornmeal.

Add liquid ingredients.

Remove dough from bowl and place on a floured surface.

With a rolling pin, roll dough about ½ inch thick.

With a small round cutter, cut 1-½ inch rounds.

Place on sheet pan and brush with egg wash.

Bake at 375o oven for 10 minutes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is my "adjusted" version:

Mara Biscuits

4 cups All Purpose Flour
2 Tbsp. baking powder
2/3 cup Sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 Tbsp. butter
Zest from 1 lemon, grated
1/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 to 1 cup heavy whipping cream

Mix together dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles cornmeal. Add liquid ingredients and lemon zest. Mix well. Remove from bowl and roll to 1/2" thickness on floured surface. Cut into rounds with a biscuit cutter. Place on sheet pan and brush with egg wash. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Yield: 20 biscuits

:) :) :) :)

Liberty

Mmmm - Can't wait to try these! I've been trying different muffin recipes & this one will be next.
:D

The lemon and buttermilk addition sounds great.

Thanks for posting the recipes! :)

Thanks for getting, scaling down and posting the recipes! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter