Major Rumor Marvel in ToT update page 25

I'll agree I think he gets too much credit and is treated like a god over on wdwmagic but he is often very right. He's the only one to shed light on the doings in China, he got Disney springs right, he got frozen in Norway right. We will just have to see if his latest doings become true which I obviously hope not.

Also got the Wilderness Lodge DVC right a while ago, although he did say they would be teepees. Obviously he can't be right all the time but he is still who I would trust the most when it came to rumors. I really do hope this one is wrong though.

You got it. First off, the IP for Tower of Terror has to be very minimal. It's probably better advertisement for the Twilight Zone than anything. Second, why would Disney spend boatloads of money to retheme an already popular ride. Has this EVER been done? Third, as others have pointed out, the likelihood of them agreeing to close something else in DHS right now is almost nil.

Rethemes, frozen in maelstrom, nemo in the seas, stitch in alien encounter. I don't know if I'm forgetting any but frozen probably cost the most out of those at around 75 million.

- Even with it's fans, Maelstrom was not popular. Until FP+ started, forcing people to ride it it was a virtual walk on every time I was there. We rode every time, sometimes twice, and can't remember waiting for it ever until FP+. It wasn't more popular, it was just a better choice for Tier 2 than most.

- Nemo in the Seas was a retheme of a ride that had been closed for years. It was forgotten by many since it was long past it's popularity even when it closed. Guarantee some folks think it was brand new and have no memory of the Seacabs.

- Stitch .... for many including myself Alien Encounter was popular but for just as many, maybe more Alien was not on their must do list.

I just don't see Disney spending money to retheme a highly popular, not just popular attraction. Why? Why spend the money and time - if it ain't broke don't fix it. And with there being so much to fix there, this just seems like a total waste of every resource to use on a top attraction.

NOW, one I'll give you is retheme of Mr. Toad to Winnie the Pooh. LOTS of angry fans. BUT at the time Pooh was a cash cow for Disney (infused on everything like Frozen is now), and Mr. Toad was not appreciated in Fantasyland with the younger kids. It was purely an economic change.

Also got the Wilderness Lodge DVC right a while ago, although he did say they would be teepees. Obviously he can't be right all the time but he is still who I would trust the most when it came to rumors. I really do hope this one is wrong though.
Yep he got the conversion part of that DVC rumor spot on. He's said that's only going to continue too.

- Even with it's fans, Maelstrom was not popular. Until FP+ started, forcing people to ride it it was a virtual walk on every time I was there. We rode every time, sometimes twice, and can't remember waiting for it ever until FP+. It wasn't more popular, it was just a better choice for Tier 2 than most.

- Nemo in the Seas was a retheme of a ride that had been closed for years. It was forgotten by many since it was long past it's popularity even when it closed. Guarantee some folks think it was brand new and have no memory of the Seacabs.

- Stitch .... for many including myself Alien Encounter was popular but for just as many, maybe more Alien was not on their must do list.

I just don't see Disney spending money to retheme a highly popular, not just popular attraction. Why? Why spend the money and time - if it ain't broke don't fix it. And with there being so much to fix there, this just seems like a total waste of every resource to use on a top attraction.

NOW, one I'll give you is retheme of Mr. Toad to Winnie the Pooh. LOTS of angry fans. BUT at the time Pooh was a cash cow for Disney (infused on everything like Frozen is now), and Mr. Toad was not appreciated in Fantasyland with the younger kids. It was purely an economic change.
Disney does a lot to fix things that aren't broken. Fastpass+ could be included in that.

Just to add. Martin another good source said he's heard rumblings of something happening to either ToT or RnRc but he didn't think it would be this bad.

They could do a retheme but there isn't that much space there for a new attraction. The Sunset showcase took land between ToT and RnR. The other side is Fantasmic queue. Behind it is park operation buildings and at the rate they are loosing back lot space loosing more could cause issues. A retheme of the building is a really far and expensive stretch. I can see RnR being a much easier conversion, just look at Hyperspace Mountain.

Additionally, last I heard Disney was still looking into the possibility of a ToT movie, but it's stuck in early development. Similarly Twilight Zone keeps trying to get a movie started but that seems doomed.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I would not ride ToT if they desecrated it like this rumor says. I think my language speaks fully on how I feel about this idea lol

Rethemes, frozen in maelstrom, nemo in the seas, stitch in alien encounter. I don't know if I'm forgetting any but frozen probably cost the most out of those at around 75 million.

I specified POPULAR rides. The seas was not popular at all. Alien Encounter got so many complaints about being too scary they had to do it. Even Maelstrom was not considered a great ride, and often could be ridden with no or little wait. Tower of Terror, though doesn't always have long lines, is pretty popular...especially considering a good portion of folks won't ride it because its a thrill ride.

He was not the first to claim the Wilderness Lodge DVC in my memory. He did say it early, but others were already saying it.

The thing I remember is all the different things he claimed on the DHS renewal. He eventually did get the Toy Story thing right, but before that he claimed it was going to be a different Pixar Place land, and also said it was going to be Carsland.

I'll continue to say that anyone that has enough of a position to truly be "in the know" this early on something like this wouldn't be posting the info on rumor boards.

He was not the first to claim the Wilderness Lodge DVC in my memory. He did say it early, but others were already saying it.

The thing I remember is all the different things he claimed on the DHS renewal. He eventually did get the Toy Story thing right, but before that he claimed it was going to be a different Pixar Place land, and also said it was going to be Carsland.

I'll continue to say that anyone that has enough of a position to truly be "in the know" this early on something like this wouldn't be posting the info on rumor boards.
You run into the occasional rebel that is unhappy with a direction and might just let things leak for that reason. I can't speak for this guy but I know of a few from the past.

I suspect that a lot of things are proposed and then canceled which makes it hard to quantify the accuracy of leaks. They might all be accurate at some point or just lucky guesses.

I can see a GOTG retheme on RnR but not ToT, How would they do that?

I am not advocating and I think it is a dumb idea - however to rteetz's earlier comment - maybe something to do with the collector and then I'll add the new movie. Maybe.

But even then I see a stitch type conversion where it just doesn't make sense.

Some kind of Nova corps theme - a queue that builds the backstory. But then the elevator and doors opening??? If they change the doors to be screens of some kind?

Yeah this has disaster written all over it. I'm putting likelihood just shy of the Star Wars boat ride. Oh wait. That actually is happening... :(

Disney does a lot to fix things that aren't broken. Fastpass+ could be included in that.

Agree but they are in no position to be frivolous here with ToT. Makes ZERO sense. If it happens then someone was hitting the pixie dust way too hard.

And ......... no way I include FP+ in that mix. It is doing exactly what Disney wants and has lots of fans. I love it, and I've been going to WDW since it opened. While FastPass itself may not have been broken it was underutilized by the masses and not doing anything for Disney.

Absolutely correct.

Carsland was planned for DHS at one point but it got taken out. So he was right there to an extent. As for wilderness lodge DVC I didn't see anyone get it before he did.

Agree but they are in no position to be frivolous here with ToT. Makes ZERO sense. If it happens then someone was hitting the pixie dust way too hard.

And ......... no way I include FP+ in that mix. It is doing exactly what Disney wants and has lots of fans. I love it, and I've been going to WDW since it opened. While FastPass itself may not have been broken it was underutilized by the masses and not doing anything for Disney.

Absolutely correct.
I'm not disagreeing with you on FP+. I like it myself but I think many would say it wasn't broken so why fix it.

This site tracks rumors and has Spirit as the first to report on the wilderness lodge DVC

http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/rumors...rooms-to-be-converted-to-disney-vacation-club

Disney needs to find out who his sources are and eliminate them, leaving him in the dark with no reliability. I hate rumors and Disney should be keeping them as secret as Area 51. That said I call complete BS on this and it's never going to happen.

Disney needs to find out who his sources are and eliminate them, leaving him in the dark with no reliability. I hate rumors and Disney should be keeping them as secret as Area 51. That said I call complete BS on this and it's never going to happen.
Sometimes Disney purposely leaks things to get a feel for how people will react. Somethings do get kept secrets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter