Major Problem with new Annual Passes

allknowingeye

Earning My Ears
There seems to be a major problem with the new annual passes. I bought an Incredipass today. And in My Plans it shows an expiry of Sept.8 2022. An Annual Pass year is not supposed to start until the first use day and expire 366 days after that. There is nothing in the new fine print that says that has changed.

I had a May 2022 Onsite Reservation and the AP covered that to make Park Reservations.

I also had a Dec 2022 Onsite Reservation and when I went to do the Park Reservations it acted like I had no Annual Pass.

This is A MAJOR MISTAKE on Disney's Part. If can't by an annual pass ahead of time then no one (with any brains in their head) is going to be able to book ahead of time which all of us do.

I was planning to use that pass May 22 to May 23.

I am thinking this is a mistake on their part, a huge mistake but if it is not I will never buy an AP again, and will seek a refund on this one, and probably cut one trip a year out of my normal three.

Oh that's not good :(

I thought that maybe they weren't allowing Park Reservations that far out, but I had tickets in my account that don't expire until years from now, so just tried in November 2022 and it would have let me make a reservation. I hope this is corrected for you.

There seems to be a major problem with the new annual passes. I bought an Incredipass today. And in My Plans it shows an expiry of Sept.8 2022. An Annual Pass year is not supposed to start until the first use day and expire 366 days after that. There is nothing in the new fine print that says that has changed.

I had a May 2022 Onsite Reservation and the AP covered that to make Park Reservations.

I also had a Dec 2022 Onsite Reservation and when I went to do the Park Reservations it acted like I had no Annual Pass.

This is A MAJOR MISTAKE on Disney's Part. If can't by an annual pass ahead of time then no one (with any brains in their head) is going to be able to book ahead of time which all of us do.

I was planning to use that pass May 22 to May 23.

I am thinking this is a mistake on their part, a huge mistake but if it is not I will never buy an AP again, and will seek a refund on this one, and probably cut one trip a year out of my normal three.

I believe the voucher has a 1 year life (if you don't activate within a year it reverts to original cash value). Once you activate (within the year) you get an actual Annual Pass that will be good for one year from 1st use...

In another thread it’s saying the pass shows one year expiration until u activate it then it switches to new expiration. So u have a year to activate it which is date your seeing. Once activated it will show one year from that. Not sure how to get around that

I guess it puts the new passes in the same boat as renewals. Right now, if I have a trip after my renewal date, and I am not within the 60 day renewal window, I can't make park passes without buying tickets. I did buy tickets for our November 2021 trip last year, because park passes were so limited then. Hopefully, that won't be a huge deal, and park passes will be plentiful. I had to call to use their value on my renewal.

This is a problem with the old passes too. I have a Platinum Pass that expires in April of 2022, but I cannot make park reservations for my trip in May of 2022. I have to wait until February of 2022 when my pass expiration is 60 days out and renew before I can make park reservations.

This is a problem with the old passes too. I have a Platinum Pass that expires in April of 2022, but I cannot make park reservations for my trip in May of 2022. I have to wait until February of 2022 when my pass expiration is 60 days out and renew before I can make park reservations.
That has only been a problem for renewals. New passes had several years out before they expired. It looks like new passes are sort of working like renewals now.

I believe the voucher has a 1 year life (if you don't activate within a year it reverts to original cash value). Once you activate (within the year) you get an actual Annual Pass that will be good for one year from 1st use...
That's no good because it blocks your from making Park Reservations which they demand now. It defeats the purpose of an AP and renders you a second class citizen to a plain ticket holder.

That's no good because it blocks your from making Park Reservations which they demand now. It defeats the purpose of an AP and renders you a second class citizen to a plain ticket holder.
Unfortunately, this is how AP renewals have been working. However, the new AP is slightly worse, since you don't really get a year from activation until it's activated.

It might be better for some people to wait until closer to their trip to buy the AP, except there is always the dreaded price increase. This is their way of preventing people from pre-paying for the AP at a lower price year or more out :(
If it was "their way" there would need to be wording change in the fine print and there has not been.

This is the wording for the Annual Pass Voucher. This is the same as it was before.

Once you receive your pass certificate, you must exchange it for a valid pass prior to first use at one of the following locations: any Walt Disney World theme park or water park ticket window, or any Guest Relations location.

If you the year starts right when you buy it online, that is NUTS. No one would buy them cause they would always be loosing out big time.

If it was "their way" there would need to be wording change in the fine print and there has not been.
I don't think there is any specific wording in the old APs about how that worked either. They probably said that they are good a year from activation, which is still true, and listed an expiration date, which is also still true. There isn't any wording about AP renewals not getting to book beyond their renewal date either. It seems shady to mean. However, I suspect they didn't even think of it the way we do. I know they don't give a rats patooty about the AP renewals getting bit.

Yes that is how they have always worked. The problem is now your are blocked for making park reservations beyond the expire date when you bought it. And in the past the expire date was like 10 years in future. This sounds like one hand not talking to the other again inside Disney back office operations.

In another thread it’s saying the pass shows one year expiration until u activate it then it switches to new expiration. So u have a year to activate it which is date your seeing. Once activated it will show one year from that. Not sure how to get around that
Which Thread?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter