Magicians & Jugglers & a Clown Slide, OH MY! We're going to the BWI... A Nov 2010 PTR

Good morning!

:welcome: new readers!

Joining in on the fun!!!:thumbsup2

Glad you decided to come on over! :goodvibes

Great PTR so far.... You have a wonderful family, your boys are so cute.... Can't wait for more....popcorn::

Thank you! :)

That's what my boys are telling me! :rotfl::confused3

Yeah, I don't get it either. To me it just feels like people are probably looking at him and saying - why doesn't that kid's mother get him a haircut? :laughing:

Oh well, at least it's just long hair. It could be worse things!

I love seeing the pictures of your boys over the years! I REALLY need to dig through my old pictures...and go to Disney more often... :rolleyes1

Thanks! :) I will post my timeline soon!

So what kind of Disney family are we?

Well, we are split right down the middle. :rotfl:

DS11 and myself LOVE thrill rides! Our absolute favorite is RNRC. :rockband: :thumbsup2 You will also find us on Space Mtn, BTMRR, Splash Mtn, EE, TT, and as of the last trip TOT! :scared1: DS loves fast rides & coasters, but was never interested in TOT. He thought it would be too scary. But after much convincing (and a $5 bribe :laughing:) he rode it with me last trip and loved it!! As a matter of fact, as we were riding it he exclaimed - "I can't believe I'm getting paid for this!" :lmao:

DisneyNovember2009390.jpg

DisneyNovember2009389.jpg

DS8 and DH on the other hand are not all that into thrill rides. :confused3 They are more of TSM, Buzzlightyear, and the Gran Fiesta Tour type of people! They will brave a few things like BTMRR, TT, and Goofy's Barnstormer, but that's about as wild as they get!

DisneyNovember2009381.jpg

DisneyNovember2009824.jpg

And our all time favorite family ride has got to be - Soarin. :cloud9: We all love it so much! It's definitely our happy place. We are all smiling ear to ear each time we ride it. :teeth:

Disney2009570.jpg

We all really love the shows too, with Mickey's Philharmagic being our favorite! I am probably the only parade lover in the family, so I try to only make them sit through 1 or 2 a trip. Last year we got to see the Osborne Lights at DHS and it was fabulous!! Can't wait to do that again. :santa: :yay:

And believe it or not there are still rides/attractions that we haven't done after 5 visits! :confused3 But I'll save that for another post!

Up next: My Disney timeline of the boys!

Okay you are too fast for me.

:lmao:

Yesterday was not a good DIS day for me, but today is, so here I sit.:surfweb:
I even put on my Disney Perfume this morning .... which we know is a big no-no unless you are either A) walking your behind down Main Street USA or B) Missing it so much you dream you are walking your behind down Main Street USA or C) Reading your Bud's PTR and wishing you were walking your behind down Main Street USA with said Bud.
I'm going with C, so the perfume came out of hiding.:goodvibes

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Okay so your pics of CBR literally made me tear up. Jamaica...........:cloud9:

I am so excited about you going to the BWI-- I can't wait to hear all about it, to see if I'd like it. I think for this trip you will HAVE to call me from the Clown Pool.:laughing::laughing::laughing: Hey, I called you from the Hammock..........:rotfl:

What the heck is it with 6th grade boys and their hair? That no-style hairstyle is very much the thing to do here too. I call it the Peter Brady --- :lmao:
Drew is rockin it very much as well. At least it will give them something to look back on and say "What was I thinking?":rotfl2: Kind of like our big spiral perms back in the day.:rolleyes1

Your pic of the Gran Fiesta made me :laughing: I LOVE THAT RIDE!!!!!:lovestruc
Fiesta Hoy!!!!! I could ride it ten times in a row. But I do miss the cliff divers in the speedos they took out of there...........:rolleyes1

Can't wait to read more......:cloud9:

I remember us all talking about perfume before...maybe her PTR? Which perfume is your Disney perfume? I have a bottle that I actually bought at the little shop in the UK.....I wear it around here when we are reeeeeeaaaaallly missin' Disney!! And yes,...the haircut thing is terrible!!!But at least it's cheap!! How much $$$ went down the tubes on all those perms we got?!!!!!!

Thanks guys, now I am sitting here smelling like WDW!! Yes, I had to go and put on my Disney perfume too!

And I never ever wear it except at Disney! :upsidedow

So here's my Disney perfume story. For years I have had the same one. It's more of a perfume spray (I don't like to take glass bottles on vacation). It's called Primo. I got it at WalMart and it has lasted quite some time. Well it ran out on the last trip. So I went to get some more at WalMart and they don't have it anymore. :confused3 I looked at a few different WalMart's and nothing. So one day a few weeks ago the boys and I were in Target. I decided to take a look. I never mentioned to them what I was looking for. I looked in the travel section, nothing. Then I looked in the perfume section and there it was! I was so happy so I opened it and sprayed a bit. Both the boys at the same time said -- Aw, that smells like Disney!! :cloud9: It was so funny! :rotfl:

Okay you are too fast for me.

:lmao:

Yesterday was not a good DIS day for me, but today is, so here I sit.:surfweb:
I even put on my Disney Perfume this morning .... which we know is a big no-no unless you are either A) walking your behind down Main Street USA or B) Missing it so much you dream you are walking your behind down Main Street USA or C) Reading your Bud's PTR and wishing you were walking your behind down Main Street USA with said Bud.
I'm going with C, so the perfume came out of hiding.:goodvibes

I wish we were walking down main street together too!! :wizard:

Okay so your pics of CBR literally made me tear up. Jamaica...........:cloud9:

I am so excited about you going to the BWI-- I can't wait to hear all about it, to see if I'd like it. I think for this trip you will HAVE to call me from the Clown Pool.:laughing::laughing::laughing: Hey, I called you from the Hammock..........:rotfl:

Oh I will definitely call you from the clown pool. Maybe I'll even send you a picture! :clown:

:scared1:

:faint:

:rotfl2:

Fiesta Hoy!!!!! I could ride it ten times in a row. But I do miss the cliff divers in the speedos they took out of there...........:rolleyes1

Can't wait to read more......:cloud9:

:laughing: I totally forgot about those dudes in their speedos!!

Drew is rockin it very much as well. At least it will give them something to look back on and say "What was I thinking?":rotfl2: Kind of like our big spiral perms back in the day.:rolleyes1

And yes,...the haircut thing is terrible!!!But at least it's cheap!! How much $$$ went down the tubes on all those perms we got?!!!!!!

Aw yes, the spiral perm!! I may have had one or two of those in my day. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

I am going to Target (&TRU) today...got a bday party to attend this weekend....will haaaaave to smell your perfume if they have it....I am weird about smells....so much stuff gives me a headache.....my everyday perfume is Burberry,...the plane jane bottle...all the other Burberrys make me sick too--weird.

I am going to Target (&TRU) today...got a bday party to attend this weekend....will haaaaave to smell your perfume if they have it....I am weird about smells....so much stuff gives me a headache.....my everyday perfume is Burberry,...the plane jane bottle...all the other Burberrys make me sick too--weird.

Yes, check it out. See if it smells like Disney to you!! :laughing:

My everyday perfume is Spellbound. Smells don't usually give me a headache, but most perfumes make me sneeze like crazy. So when I find something that doesn't I stick with it! :thumbsup2

Yep...gotta find it now!! If anyone of my kids think it smells like Disney, my $$$ is on ds11....he is really into smell/memory connection!!! Crazy things remind him of Disney...and he's usually right!! I will let you know what he says!!

my perfume actually came about by accident- one trip I went and bought new makeup- I wear Lancome, and it was gift time so there was a sample of Hypnose in it- and it was tiny so I took it with me. I wore it there and ever since then i have to take it.
Mark gave me a big honkin glass bottle of the junk and I could probably use it every day from now until our next imaginary trip and never run out- but instead I wear other things for daily use.

I've worn Paloma Picasso for about 20 years- it's just my scent- but I usually wear it in the winter b/c it is a heavier scent. this summer I've been wearing Tommy Bahama but I'm tired of it now.

I like the heavier scents-- Knowing, Paloma Picasso, Safari, Opium-- deep, almost masculine scents. I've even been known to wear men's cologne a time or two.:) Which is probably why I like Hypnose----- it's a pretty deep smell.

The Primo story is so funny! Kids sense of smell is so much stronger than ours and they relate scent to a lot of things--- like how newborns know their momma-- by smell.
My kids, when I put on Paloma Picasso, they all say, "It smells like You, mom.":love:

I made it!!! I am so excited for your family!
We will be at the BWI soon enough, but you guys will be there even sooner! I can't wait to read along:goodvibes
Lauren

I can't wear any kind of scent due to my allergies but if I could, I would want it to smell like Disney. Maybe like the funnel cakes at Epcot? Yes, I'm smelling it now....

Yep...gotta find it now!! If anyone of my kids think it smells like Disney, my $$$ is on ds11....he is really into smell/memory connection!!! Crazy things remind him of Disney...and he's usually right!! I will let you know what he says!!

:laughing: I have one like that too! DS8 will stop and look at me from time to time and say - something smells like Disney!!

It was just funny how it hit them both as soon as I sprayed that perfume. Probably because they never smell it anywhere else but there!

Kids sense of smell is so much stronger than ours and they relate scent to a lot of things--- like how newborns know their momma-- by smell.
My kids, when I put on Paloma Picasso, they all say, "It smells like You, mom.":love:

I know. One day there was a t-shirt waded up laying in the hallway and I said -- who left their shirt in the hallway (okay, I probably yelled it :rotfl:) and DS11 walked over, picked it up and without holding it up to see whose shirt it was he put it to his nose and said - smells like dad. And dropped it back on the floor and walked away. :lmao::rotfl:

I made it!!! I am so excited for your family!
We will be at the BWI soon enough, but you guys will be there even sooner! I can't wait to read along:goodvibes
Lauren

YAY Lauren is here!! :cool1: I can not wait to get to the BWI and mostly because of all of your wonderful advice and pictures! :lovestruc

I can't wear any kind of scent due to my allergies but if I could, I would want it to smell like Disney. Maybe like the funnel cakes at Epcot? Yes, I'm smelling it now....

Hmm. . . Come to think of it I wouldn't mind smelling like a funnel cake! :rotfl2:

Okay, here it is. Totally not on purpose at all. But it will be from now on!

It would have been better if they stood in front of Mr. Potato Head on the first trip, but oh well! All at Once Upon A Toy in DTD:

Oct 2005 ~

100_0147.jpg

May 2007 ~

100_1501.jpg

May 2008 ~

100_3515-2.jpg

Jan 2009 ~

Disney2009328.jpg

Nov 2009 ~

DisneyNovember2009205.jpg

Wow! They have grown up SO much since that first trip. I love the idea of taking a picture in front of a certain spot each year!

Great pics of the boys. It is so nice to be able to look back at stuff like this and see how much they have grown. We do this with our son at the todem pole outside of the mercantile at the Wilderness Lodge.

they are sooo cute!!! Your little one was tiny that first time!!!!!! We have some pics there too...I usually hit the spot in UK with the little thatched cottage....love that area!!!!
Ok...smelled the perfume today...one of my kids says (and you are gonna die!!!!)...smells like cigarettes!!!!:rotfl: And I said, it's because my friend **** wears it....and they said YEAH!!! It smells just like her!!! And the reason is...she smokes, so when she gets out of her vehicle she coats herself with it to cover up the cigarette smell that I am deathly allergic to. But...scents kill me usually, so she really isn't making it better for me!!!!! I like the Primo----it instantly to me back to High School----aaaalllll the girls in my school were wearing it!!! I actually got the one today that's the comparison to Cliniques Happy----I wore Happy for a short while...then I started keeping a sore throat:confused:
Now, when I smell the Primo I will think Disney & Shelly!!!!

I just love the pictures of the boys through the years! That is awesome how you didn't even plan it!

In my family, my DH is the only one of us who won't ride everything. He hates any kind of spinning (teacups :eek:). But on our last trip, we talked him into RNRC, only because he couldn't see the ride. ;) It was our first day, rope drop, first ride. Big mistake. After we got off, he had to sit down on a bench for at least 30 minutes. :sad2: The kids were so anxious to get going; after all, we had just gotten there and now here was our sad little family sitting on a bench on Hollywood Boulevard while the park filled up. We all still tease DH about that. :laughing:

OK, I'm going to show my Disney dumbness and say that I have no idea what Grand Fiesta is! :blush: What type of ride is it and in what park?

My new perfume is Sensuous by Estee Lauder. Silly me, I told several people that I wanted it for Christmas, and I got 3 bottles of it! :laughing: I returned 2 of them and kept the gift set that had a purse spray included. It's a kind of spicy, musky, vanilla scent. Sounds lovely, doesn't it? I'm not too good at describing scents. ;) I know I've heard of Primo before, but I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Target. That is so cute that your boys both associated it with Disney right off the bat! I think the idea of a funnel cake perfume is great! But it might be dangerous if the pigeons attack you like they did my DS's funnel cake. :eek:

Looking forward to reading more! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter