MagicBand Payment Question

ronniecosmic

Earning My Ears
Oh my gosh I fly down to Florida on MONDAY and I am SO EXCITED that after many years of cancelled trips I'm finally coming back to Disney World!
These boards have been so helpful answering my trip planning questions and I have one more quick question (for now haha) about paying for items with my Magic Band.
When paying for something by tapping my MagicBand, does it charge the credit card associated to the room or the credit card I have on my My Disney Experience account?
I'm travelling with a friend and she is the one that did online check in for our room, so her credit card is the one on file with the hotel and I don't want to start charging a bunch of things to her card accidentally.
I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible for people sharing a room to have their MagicBands charge to different credit cards?

Oh my gosh I fly down to Florida on MONDAY and I am SO EXCITED that after many years of cancelled trips I'm finally coming back to Disney World!
These boards have been so helpful answering my trip planning questions and I have one more quick question (for now haha) about paying for items with my Magic Band.
When paying for something by tapping my MagicBand, does it charge the credit card associated to the room or the credit card I have on my My Disney Experience account?
I'm travelling with a friend and she is the one that did online check in for our room, so her credit card is the one on file with the hotel and I don't want to start charging a bunch of things to her card accidentally.
I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible for people sharing a room to have their MagicBands charge to different credit cards?
I have read several posts where people did have separate credit cards on file for room charges. Using the MB will bill to the card set up for incidentals on the room, which you enter during online check in. Setting up multiple cards is not something you can do online. You would need to go to the front desk to set it up, and check your folio often (can do this in the app), because it is not foolproof. You would want to catch any mistakes while you are there, to make it easier for them to be corrected.

When you charge on your MB, you are charging back to your room, and the account is eventually cleared by the credit card on file. The front desk should be able to set it up with two forms of pmt (as PP stated), but that doesn’t always work. I made the hotel res for my DB and wife, so my info was on file. He went to the front desk and added his CC, and I still was charged for some of his purchases, so keep track of your receipts!

We have done this often when my mom snd I travel together and there was never a problem. As soon as we arrived we went to the front desk to have her cc attached to her MB. Everything she purchased was charged to get cc when the settled the account.

You can go to the front desk when you check in and have your credit card set up for your MagicBand charges. Then you can track your charges on your MDE app account by checking the "view charges" folder in your resort room. Then, on the night before you check out you should go to the front desk again and make sure the credit cards were charged correctly. :)

It is less work to just use your credit card or a gift card instead of instead of your MagicBand band. :)

So much easier to just use your Smart Watch or credit card than to mess with separate resort folio accounts in my opinion. But, as mentioned, it can be set up upon arrival at front desk...

Honestly, I would just put your CC in your Apple or Android wallet and use your phone for touchless payments. The other nice thing about that is you can see your transactions right there on the phone. I've also done this with a Disney giftcard. I figure I'll have my phone on me just as much as my magic band so why not?

I do magic band charges for merchandise because my credit card gives 3x rewards for travel (including hotels) and if i paid in the store directly, it would just be 1x as a retail purchase. As has been previously mentioned, you can set it up at the front desk to have the charges go on separate credit cards, but sometimes it doesn't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter