• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

magical express

woodstockie

Earning My Ears
sorry for this random last second question.. getting ready to pack and leave on wednesday night for wdw..

just wanted to double check the process for ME as the cast members over the phone have given me conflicting info. anyone else here caught it before?

anyway wanted to ask if it is better for us just to grab our luggage as we didnt receive any yellow tags or anything in the mail. Just wanna double check instead of feeling worried sick during the trip..

thanks!
Pete vpirate:

sorry for this random last second question.. getting ready to pack and leave on wednesday night for wdw..

just wanted to double check the process for ME as the cast members over the phone have given me conflicting info. anyone else here caught it before?

anyway wanted to ask if it is better for us just to grab our luggage as we didnt receive any yellow tags or anything in the mail. Just wanna double check instead of feeling worried sick during the trip..

thanks!
Pete vpirate:

We didn't have our yellow tags either and we went to claim our luggage only to find that none of our bags had arrived on our flight :eek:. We went to the lost baggage area and received a claim ticket. We then headed to the Magical Express area and gave them our claim tickets and they took care of the rest. When our bags arrived on a flight later in the day, they were collected by Magical Express and bought to our hotel room, it was just wonderful.

So if you don't have your yellow tags you have two options I believe, you can go to the baggage claim and get your luggage and head to the Magical Express area with your luggage or you can get off your flight and head straight to Magical Express and give them your luggage stubs and they will claim the bags for you and bring them along to your hotel room later in the day.

We grabbed our own luggage off the carousels at MCO and took it with us on the ME.

That way when we arrived at the hotel we had our suitcases right there and didn't have to wait hours for them to arrive. It didn't delay us at all.

It takes awhile when you get off the plane at MCO to take the shuttle/monorail thing from the gate to the main terminal building is, and by the time you get there, your bags are usually already available to be picked up.

MCO is a great airport - LOTS to look at!!

thanks for the info guys.

also wanted to know where i would be able to get a pay as you go sim card while in the states? which carrier should i be looking at as well?

thanks for the info guys.

also wanted to know where i would be able to get a pay as you go sim card while in the states? which carrier should i be looking at as well?

We will be getting a sim card for one phone and a pay as you go cell also, some of them are pretty cheap with the phone, they start from about $19 or maybe it was $29 which is loaded with $10 of calls. I think you will be right with most of the telephone companies over there. We are looking at AT&T or TMobile, they seem to be big companies, but there are others. You can pick up the phones at Target or Walmart or the companies stores.

Hey Woodstockie...I'm spending way too much time :surfweb: on the Boards! :rotfl:

Goodness PrincessInOz you have been spending a lot of time on the boards :rotfl: I just saw the number of posts you have done since joining in Feb this year, over a 1000 in 2 months :eek:

It is addictive though isn't it ;)

I'd be going with Verizon or AT&T or T-Mobile. You can get the pay as you go and do the $1 per day for flagfall and no further charges on voice calls if on-net. Handset and sim card deals for prepaid start at aboug $30 with some credit. Or $50 with $15 credit.
We took our handset to the US one year and bought a prepaid sim for $30...and then worked out it was cheaper to have bought a new phone:rotfl:

Just remember - use the voice calls rather than SMS; especially once you've made your first call for the day. SMS isn't covered in the free calls and you will incur additional charge for this.

Aside from Target and Walmart, some chemists/pharmacists and supermarkets also sell phones. Otherwise, head towards Frys, Best Buys or a shopping mall, which should have the company shops/stalls.

I understand that AT&T and Verizon both have good coverage at WDW.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/go-phones/index.jsp

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/prepay.jsp

Goodness PrincessInOz you have been spending a lot of time on the boards :rotfl: I just saw the number of posts you have done since joining in Feb this year, over a 1000 in 2 months :eek:

It is addictive though isn't it ;)

:scared1::surfweb:
Yes, I've been hanging out in the Games section and have been playing the Last to Post game far too often; amongst others.
princess::upsidedow (PrincessDownUnder) didn't Rule - it was won by someone else. But it's amazing how quickly the posts rack up...when you're posting a response every 40 seconds (dang the 40 second rule).

I've been lurking in the DisBoards since 2004 and was previously too shy to sign up; so I'm making up for lost time :rotfl2:

:scared1::surfweb:
Yes, I've been hanging out in the Games section and have been playing the Last to Post game far too often; amongst others.
princess::upsidedow (PrincessDownUnder) didn't Rule - it was won by someone else. But it's amazing how quickly the posts rack up...when you're posting a response every 40 seconds (dang the 40 second rule).

I've been lurking in the DisBoards since 2004 and was previously too shy to sign up; so I'm making up for lost time :rotfl2:

Oh that is too funny and sounds like fun, I just thought, "A Games section, I like games, that sound fun!" Then I thought "NO" If I go there I will become addicted to another area on Disboards and spend even more time here :rotfl2:

Wow woodstockie, how exciting! Have a fabulous time :). 65 sleeps and counting for us! :cool1:

We're staying at the Dolphin so aren't eligible for the Magical Express. I'm thinking we'll just get a cab as that will probably work out the same or a little cheaper then 5 shuttle tickets.

Oh that is too funny and sounds like fun, I just thought, "A Games section, I like games, that sound fun!" Then I thought "NO" If I go there I will become addicted to another area on Disboards and spend even more time here :rotfl2:

You're smarter than me:wizard:. I have no life anymore...am hopelessly addicted to the games :surfweb:. Waiting for my holiday so that I can go cold turkey :rotfl2:

I've always found it easier to just collect my bags myself then lug them to the me counter! But conversely, this way you do have to tip the magical express driver for each bag, so if you want to save that extra $10 giving the guys AT the counter the stubs is probably better!

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm happy to pay $10 for the convienece of being able to shower straight away!

Some of this information is based on booking through DVC but given ME is actually a contracted third party service by Mears it should be the same for all.
You do not receive the special tags in Australia so do not worry about them, you simply take your luggage to the ME desk and start from there. If it is after 10pm, which it often is for direct connections from Australia, everyone does this anyway and the bags travel on the same bus as the guest. You should though be prebooked to do ME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter