Magic vs. Wonder Differences?

tinaglensierra

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I"m new! Have a question. We (my husband, myself and 2 kids) are going on the Western next May 8th with my parents. Now, mom and dad have been on the Wonder and loved it!! They were so excited to go on the Magic when I told them it was exactly like the Wonder, except for the name. But mom has heard that the staterooms are different, and have smaller portholes. Is this true. We have rooms 2114 and 2116. This is our first disney cruise, so I don't know. Thanks for your answers.. this is sooo fun to be able to ask other "disney friends" VERY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS!! (ha ha).
Tina

Hi Tina, and welcome! :)

You are in a Category 9 Deluxe Ocean View stateroom and the size of the portholes on both ships is EXACTLY the same in this category. The only differences in porthole sizes between the two ships, as Dan and Scott said, is with the Cat. 7 Navigator's Verandahs. On the Magic they are slightly smaller than on the Wonder.

There is also a difference in the names and themes of a couple of the restaurants. The Wonder has Triton's while the Magic has Lumiere's (sp?) The Wonder has Beach Blanket Buffet, while the Magic has Topsiders. There may be others, but I've yet to sail on the Magic....

I'll be doing that with you ON MAY 8th!!!! :)

I'm on that May 8th cruise with you also!!
How old are your kids Tina??

HI there! The kids are going to be 3 and 8! The 8 year old has been to Disney several times and the 3 year old is soooo excited! I felt that from my past experiences with the 8 year old, that the cruise would be a good idea to ease the 3 year old into disney. We are also going to Animal Kingdom and then Magic Kingdom two days before we set sail, just to get us all excited(like we aren't already!!) Are you going on any excursions? We are going to try the stingrays on Caymen(without the younger one of course), and other than that, we're just going to hit the beach! Love the water. Hope to see you there!

Hi Tina,

My name is Tina too. I'll be on the same ship too. My dds will be 3 years old and 6 1/2 years old at the time of sailing. I can't wait.

Tina

My daughter will be 4 and we are doing Stingray city but not through Disney, she is not old enough for their requirements but if I go directly she can come. She is looking forward to it! I am not sure what other things we are doing other than the Conch Train in Key West....

We'll be on that cruise with dd who will be 9 and ds who will be 7. :)

I know we'll do the Mayan ruin excursion in Cozymel b/c dd studied ancient Mayan cultures this year and desperately wants to go see them!

If any of your kids (esp dd's) will be in the 8-9 group and want to email my dd, please PM me. Dd thinks it would be VERY cool to have "friends" going on the cruise with her. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter