Magic Key Back on Sale on 11/6 at 9am PT

But then I am going to be that annoying person reserving almost every Saturday I can (by making a new reservation as each one get used or canceled) and then deciding on Friday whether or not I’m going to go.
Not annoying. That's what everyone does.

That’s awesome! It’s not cheaper than a $20 therapy co-pay with my insurance, but I think it’s far more effective than therapy!

I wish I lived close enough to go by myself, but the traffic is a nightmare. These days I don’t have any friends or family members with passes anymore. So the big question for us to answer before 11/6 is how often we really think we will go, and then figure out MKs versus tickets. I just know we’ll go more often with MKs, since we’ll have prepaid, lol.
I live north of Sacramento and I fly down. Used to be that my pass was relatively inexpensive and most of my flights were either free or I'd get a $29 SW fare.

Now my pass is like $1700+ but I still do pretty well on cheap flights. It remains to be seen, however, at what point it might not be worth getting my Inspire pass. As of right now, I'm thinking maybe when I'm 90 or when DH's account no longer covers the cost 😁. I'm guessing there will be more major changes to the ticket/pass structure down the road. I can't predict things like that so I'll just have to see.

I wasnt planning on renewing next April but then realized it was the 70th anniversary so I'll do another year. I loved Star Wars nite and hope to do another special event if it works out but am doing a lot of hockey travel (Four Nations in Montreal) in Jan and Feb so those two months are out. I'm still debating whether to upgrade to Inspire...

We bought our first Premium Annual Passes in 1995 and they were $199 each, no block outs, free preferred parking, various discounts. I think the regular annual pass was $99 and you could add parking for $25, but there were some blockout dates, and we were DINKs back then, lol.

The price went up, but they went back down in late 2001/2002, when we were buying 4 passes instead of 2 (youngest turned 2 in 2002), and were again $199 for a Premium pass. So 22 years ago we paid $796 for 4(!) Premium annual passes. By early 2011 we paid $459 per Premium pass. I know we didn’t have passes in 2014 and 2015 because the kids were way to busy with sports, and then got Sig+ passes in 2016.

Of course, Disney has added new lands and attractions since the days of those early passes. But I also think Disney became more popular. In the early 2000s it wasn’t all that busy.

We bought our first Premium Annual Passes in 1995 and they were $199 each, no block outs, free preferred parking, various discounts. I think the regular annual pass was $99 and you could add parking for $25, but there were some blockout dates, and we were DINKs back then, lol.

The price went up, but they went back down in late 2001/2002, when we were buying 4 passes instead of 2 (youngest turned 2 in 2002), and were again $199 for a Premium pass. So 22 years ago we paid $796 for 4(!) Premium annual passes. By early 2011 we paid $459 per Premium pass. I know we didn’t have passes in 2014 and 2015 because the kids were way to busy with sports, and then got Sig+ passes in 2016.

Of course, Disney has added new lands and attractions since the days of those early passes. But I also think Disney became more popular. In the early 2000s it wasn’t all that busy.

And back then there is no way we would have shelled out $200 for an annual pass. Plus, plane tickets were outrageously expensive. We considered flying a luxury back in the 1990s. I think I flew on an airplane only twice before I went to college. Only rich people flew. Now in 2024 we pay the Disney prices and don't even bat an eye. We fly so much I shelled out $650 per year just to get into the Alaska lounges. We fly all the time. I think I've been on 6 flights since Labor Day.

Wow. So $8 in the 60s, $35 in the early 90s, now $200+ in the 2020's. Should we expect Disneyland tickets to be $800 in the 2050s?
At a 4% per year it will be around $700 in 2050. So yes, in the 50’s it will likely be $800 for a single day ticket.

A $150,000 household income today will also be at $416,000 in 2050 if it increases at 4% per year.

That’s how compounding works….

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest