Magic Happens favorite spots, and direction

Blue32

DIS Veteran
I have not seen this discussed anywhere yet and I don't know how hard this parade is to see.

Where do you all like watching this parade from? What are your favorite spots? How long ahead of time do you try to secure that spot?

What direction does Magic Happens run and does the direction differ from afternoon to evening parade?

Thanks!

I recently watched it just across from Matterhorn near the Alice bathrooms. Made for a nice background of the Matterhorn for pictures. I believe it runs from small world to Main Street for the first parade, and then in reverse for the second.

My favorite place to watch any parade is the Alice in Wonderland ride queue. Get in once you start hearing the music. You'll get a front row seat to the whole thing and then a ride at the end. Two birds, one stone.
How long before a parade do you line up for that spot?

How long before a parade do you line up for that spot?

I don't line up for a spot. I literally get in the line for the ride when the parade starts passing by. It's right there. You can watch the whole parade while you wait for the ride. The parade takes about 15 minutes, and the line for the ride is usually 30. It's plenty of time to see the whole thing.

You can also do this in the Storybookland Canal Boats queue.

I watched it from right in front of the train station the other day, and felt like that was a great view. Walked up only 10-15 minutes before the parade started for the 6:30 performance.
On days where there are two performances, the first one runs from Small World to Main Street and the second parade the opposite.

I watched it from right in front of the train station the other day, and felt like that was a great view. Walked up only 10-15 minutes before the parade started for the 6:30 performance.
Which train station? The one near IASW or the one on Town Square?

As to direction, I don't know which is which, but if there are two parades that day, they will be run opposite as they can't loop around backstage like they can at Magic Kingdom. I want to say the first one originates from Main Street and the later one will originate near it's a small world.

As to direction, I don't know which is which, but if there are two parades that day, they will be run opposite as they can't loop around backstage like they can at Magic Kingdom. I want to say the first one originates from Main Street and the later one will originate near it's a small world.
It's the opposite! The first one (3:30) starts at it's a small world and the later (6:30) starts from Main Street! :-)

We were just a group of 2 so we were able to walk up twice about 15-20 minutes before and squeeze in on the curb and sit for the parade. If you are sitting on the curb on Main Street you must sit for the entire parade. If you are behind, you must stand and they will make you start standing about 10 minutes before. If you have a larger group, you will need to get there earlier if you want to be able to sit. We sat on the right side of Main Street (if you're facing the castle) a little before where Starbucks is and it was fantastic because the parade is coming straight towards you!

We like the Town Square spot in front of the train station. The last time we arrived maybe 15 minutes before and it was only 1 group deep so standing behind was no big deal. And my Mom could see sitting in her wheelchair too since the curb people were seated. Although the family by us moved their stroller (kid was on a lap) and let me push my Mom up to the curb too and I just stood right behind her. We had a great view with such a short wait.

When I was there a couple of weeks ago, the afternoon parade started by Small World headed towards Main Street and then the reverse for the early evening parade. We viewed the early evening parade and sat down on the curb along Main Street about 45 minutes before it started. Was a nice break on the feet and made for good people watching. :)

The last few times we've caught the parade, the "Big Five" plus Chip and Dale walked down Main Street about 30 minutes before, saying hi and high-fiving people waiting for the parade. Does anyone know if this is a regular occurrence or we just experienced good timing/luck on multiple occasions?

The last few times we've caught the parade, the "Big Five" plus Chip and Dale walked down Main Street about 30 minutes before, saying hi and high-fiving people waiting for the parade. Does anyone know if this is a regular occurrence or we just experienced good timing/luck on multiple occasions?

It's a regular occurrence.

We never wait for the parade. I have always found a spot 5-15 minutes before the parade on the curb or second row behind the curb in Town Square (in front of the fire station, City Hall or in front of the train station).

This was in front of the fire station. They allowed us all to remain seated so we had a great comfortable view from the second row:

4230B83C-FFFD-4B78-B80E-D07B80C46360.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter