• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands Upgrade

This is exactly what happened to us. I ordered 4 upgraded last Monday late afternoon, the first day they were available. I got a confirmation that stated the correct bands, and had a pending charge on my cc. Then, when I checked the next day or so, MDE pictured 2 of them correctly, one as a plain yellow one, and one as a blank circle. They arrived yesterday, and the 2 that had looked correct did come correct as the upgraded bands, the one that was a blank circle came correct as the upgraded band, and the one that showed a plain yellow band came as a that, and not the Sorcerer Mickey band that we had upgraded to. Of course, that was one of our kid's bands who had been so excited to get that particular band. I called DSS since we're staying CL, and they looked into it and supposedly someone will be contacting me about getting one from shopdisney that won't be personalized but will be the correct band. However, they said they couldn't give me a timeframe and we leave June 12th, so I'll believe this when it happens.

I think what annoys me the most is that when they couldn't send the correct order they just sent a plain colored one. I would never have ordered 3 of us upgraded bands and one of the kids a plain one. I would have had him pick another band, or possibly just then all took free bands. Instead they said nothing and sent the wrong thing, and when they arrived everything was sold out so it's that much harder to get anything changed. What a terrible way of handling orders that couldn't be fulfilled correctly.

^^^This!^^^ Plus, their continued handling is extremely poor! CM's are all saying different things. By now there should be some sort of information for those people who have incorrect orders being shipped to them without warning. One CM told me, "you should probably open it before you let your kids see, so no one had hurt feelings" AKA your order is going to be wrong.

@ninafeliz Has the charge reappeared for only three bands?

I was going to bring this up, too. My trip is 30 days away, my countdown disappeared yesterday, but I still have the option to customize. Also wondering if that means that my order won't be processing/shipping within the next few days or so like usual, or if I now have to wait until the 11 days out for that to happen. I did not order any upgraded bands. Really hoping I don't have to wait. I know I don't need the bands now, but waiting until that close to the trip would make me nervous.

Well not only making you nervous, but when we have the solid color bands, my wife always decorated them with decals she orders from Etsy. That really doesn’t give a lot of time.

Let us know when you get them.

ok I am 38 days out to select the magic band for my upcoming trip. When I first heard about the premium MB, there was a few available so I was waiting on other party to pick the MB. Now there are none-- only the plain colors! what the heck happened? I didn't realized there were 'limited supply". does that mean there are no choices other than plain colors now? Irks me how Disney communicated this!

ok I am 38 days out to select the magic band for my upcoming trip. When I first heard about the premium MB, there was a few available so I was waiting on other party to pick the MB. Now there are none-- only the plain colors! what the heck happened? I didn't realized there were 'limited supply". does that mean there are no choices other than plain colors now? Irks me how Disney communicated this!

It seems like these went/sold way faster than Disney anticipated so they have pulled it until they have more available...so I would just hold on if you still have 30+ days left

We have a blank circle for a Thanos band we ordered. I was wondering if it would come correctly. We are due to get it tomorrow.
We have the same blank circle for the Thanos band we ordered. They are also due tomorrow. Hoping for the best.

Sounds like they vastly underestimated how many people would be interested in doing this. Guess they assumed most people would just stay with the standard single color bands.

Sounds like they vastly underestimated how many people would be interested in doing this. Guess they assumed most people would just stay with the standard single color bands.

I would also assume many people with stays that could still customize up to many months out all did it at once. I think it will be more steady for all jumping at it at once down the road.

We have the same blank circle for the Thanos band we ordered. They are also due tomorrow. Hoping for the best.
That makes me feel better. Someone else reported that they had a blank circle, (not sure the band choice), and it came in correct. Fingers crossed for both of us.

I've noticed that if I view it on a mobile device I get a brief glimpse of my selected and paid for band (the spaceship earth one) however if I go to it on a computer I can see it for the whole thing as well as drop-down menu that shows all in my party (in my case only me) but it also shows my selected bad and says that its selected and no other changes can be made, may trip isn't until the end of August. Also because I'm from Canada it also says that my band will be ready to pick up at the resort at check-in

I tried to view the theme magic bands, none of them appear. The page repeatedly tells me to "reset the filters". I change the filter, nothing. Any ideas?

I tried to view the theme magic bands, none of them appear. The page repeatedly tells me to "reset the filters". I change the filter, nothing. Any ideas?
They are currently out of stock and none will appear. They state that they will replenish, but no word when.

I just received a call to let me know that the magic band I ordered is sold out and I can now only choose a solid color band - they are sold out of all upgraded bands and even some solid colors (I only hand a choice of 5 colors). Disappointed as my trip is a week, so there is nothing that can be done.

I’m really confused with my order. Most people are saying they see their bands in circles. All that I can see are my old solid bands from last year that say they are still activated. Can’t see any new blank, solid or ordered bands :(. When I click “edit order” the link doesn’t work.

Well not only making you nervous, but when we have the solid color bands, my wife always decorated them with decals she orders from Etsy. That really doesn’t give a lot of time.

Let us know when you get them.
Good news. I no longer have the option to edit my order and it says that my order is being fulfilled and will ship out shortly.

That makes me feel better. Someone else reported that they had a blank circle, (not sure the band choice), and it came in correct. Fingers crossed for both of us.

That could have been me. My sister was showing a blank circle and the Thanos band came correctly.

I wonder how they are storing the bands. When someone buys and pays for an item you expect it to be yours and be "held" but with so many people ordering said new bands with different dates for delivery.. So in reality they have LOADs of bands just sitting and waiting to be shipped that are personalized.

This was a huge mistake. lol why didnt they just send people to a shop link and make them NON personalized. The amount of stock needed to handle the way they put it out will be way to much to store or keep up with.

I’m really confused with my order. Most people are saying they see their bands in circles. All that I can see are my old solid bands from last year that say they are still activated. Can’t see any new blank, solid or ordered bands :(. When I click “edit order” the link doesn’t work.

This is what's happening to me (and a couple of other people, too, I think), and thus far I don't think any of us have gotten anywhere with guest services. I was told that they can't see anything during the time between "order confirmed" and "order shipped," and unfortunately, that seems to be where my order (and presumably your order) is stuck. They told me to call back this week (once I am over 10 days from Tuesday, the day I ordered) and maybe they'd have more information available by then. I'm not holding my breath.......

The website is still jacked up and letting orders go through for things that are out of stock. I just went into my dad's account to order their bands since our "customize by" date is the end of this week, and all of the solid colors showed up. It let me select and personalize all 4 of them for his room reservation (blue, green, orange, orange), but then when I went to submit the order it gave me an error. I hit retry, and the order screen showed up but the error showed up, too. I dismissed the error and it let me submit the order, but then when I went back into his manage magicbands tab, it showed three people with bands (green, orange, orange) and one without (no blue), even though I have a confirmation number showing the blue/green/orange/orange bands. So obviously blue is out of stock. I edited the order and replaced the blue band with a red one, and then it went through fine.

I guess technically it did give me an error when I tried to order the out of stock blue band, but all I had to do was hit dismiss, and it processed the order, complete with confirmation number, with no indication that anything was wrong. If I hadn't known to look again, I would have assumed that the error that I dismissed was a random website glitch, not an indication that I wasn't going to get part of my order.

We have a blank circle for a Thanos band we ordered. I was wondering if it would come correctly. We are due to get it tomorrow.

The one that showed a blank circle for us but that did come correctly was a Thanos band. The one that showed a plain yellow and came as that instead of our upgraded band was a sorcerer Mickey. Did your Thanos one come correct also?

^^^This!^^^ Plus, their continued handling is extremely poor! CM's are all saying different things. By now there should be some sort of information for those people who have incorrect orders being shipped to them without warning. One CM told me, "you should probably open it before you let your kids see, so no one had hurt feelings" AKA your order is going to be wrong.

@ninafeliz Has the charge reappeared for only three bands?

I just checked, and as of now there is not a charge for any of our three bands that came upgraded correct or the one that was supposed to be upgraded and came plain. Previously I had a pending charge for the $40 plus tax. Now I'm not sure if I should continue to pursue their offer of getting us the correct band, or if I should just buy the one we didn't get from shop disney. If I end up buying it I wish I had done it yesterday when they had free shipping, though! As soon as I buy it they'll contact me and offer to get me one, though, that's guaranteed!

Our blank circle one was a Thanos that did come correct. Did yours come?

I just received a call to let me know that the magic band I ordered is sold out and I can now only choose a solid color band - they are sold out of all upgraded bands and even some solid colors (I only hand a choice of 5 colors). Disappointed as my trip is a week, so there is nothing that can be done.

This is what should have happened when something went out of stock instead of just shipping something random. However, in this disaster, I think it happened to too many people and by the time they contacted everyone this would have been the case - no alternatives to choose from. What a mess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter