Lulu201's Healthy Living Log (comments welcome!)

THANX FOR THE JOURNAL LULU MAKES ME LOL AND VERY INSPIRING.

LIKE THE DONUT MANTRA.THERE ARE 4 EVIL LITTLE DONUTS FILLED WITH CUSTARD IN MY KITCHEN RIGHT NOW CALLING TO ME. ......I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED.

NAUGHTY DO-NUT.........

DIRTY DO-NUT........

BAD DO NUT.......

You did great today Lulu. I was really busy today too. You know, I've gotten so used to posting to my journal and to all of yours too, if I don't, I feel guilty.

Feebee, I've been meaning to say hello and give you a warm welcome, but like I said, busy, busy, busy. But here goes: Welcome! I actually have read your journal and you seem to progressing well. It's hard to stick to a plan when you're socializing, isn't it? So much temptation. That's one my weak points as well. I haven't gone out to dinner or accepted an invitation anywhere since I started Atkins 2 1/2 weeks ago. I'm not ready.

Both of you stay away from those donuts!

Good morning, girls! I agree, Lisa, I feel the need to check in with everyone or I feel like something's missing! Now I want to add Feebee to the list! Thanks for your kind words, Feebee. I cracked up when I read your definition of a skinny cow on Lisa's journal page. . .I'll have to fill Lisa in on my version of the cow later.

Anyway, I usually try to post on my journal in the p.m., but I'm doing it this morning because I have to catch up on yesterday. I came home from choir and felt weak and headachey and HUNGRY--kind of like a low blood sugar thing, so I had some chicken salad and three crackers. Points from the old WW point bank? -5.5. Total left in bank 'til next Monday: 27.

Really agonized about eating that chicken, but I felt much better about 20 min. after I did. I sat and thought long and hard about what I should eat, how many points, would it be healthy or junk, etc., so felt it was a good choice. A few weeks ago, hungry or not, I would've binged on cheese curls or had a candy bar. (No donuts, though, they're poison!!!)

Ole bloat fairy is hovering over my house. . .the craving for chocolate yesterday was wicked, but drank coffee instead (Uhh, not the wisest choice, there). Today, more water, less caffeine.

On my way to get Mickey's haircut!

Oh how the bloat fairy can make us do things we don't want to do:p

Remember to keep some kind of snack w/ you at all times. Your music school sounds delightful.

I saw skinny cows at sams club. I have to go read Lisa's definition.

Keep the focus:D

girls, I have been buying Diet Drinks and Flavoured water with no carbs, I know they arent ideal and contain sweeteners but they do fill you up, satisfy the sweet cravings, and served chilled over ice in a wine glass can feel like quite a treat. I buy a lovely Spring Water flavoured with Lemon and Lime which does kill the sweet craving. And the water is of course a bonus.

Again I know not ideal, but 'damage limitation'

:cool:

Lulu! Look at that clippie! It looks FABULOUS on you!!! It matches mine too! You could have at least told me you planned to wear it today! :mad: Actually, I have nothing else to wear, so I guess we just have to deal with it! :jester:

Great job and don't agonize over chicken, chicken is not evil. Donuts are. :)

Sorry to hear the BF is on the way...take heart that most seem to have a visit from the whoosh fairy when BF leaves the building!

I, myself, don't really have TOM...although, I still experience some bloating but it's usually because of something I ate or too darn much water! I don't miss TOM...TOM was evil too and he probably ate lots of doughnuts!!! (I've spelled do-nuts both ways today to ward off boredom :rolleyes: )

Did I see that you went a whole 1/2 minute on the treadmill? I guess with 60 of them the day before, you can be forgiven! LOL You might want to try working up to 1 minute and see how you feel! :jester:

I think I'm feeling silly today! Must be the special treat I had of blueberries and cream. :rolleyes: I wish it were baileys! LOL

Keep up the great work!
Karen :smooth:

Wednesday, 8/27

Another day trying to lead the good life. . .today's easier for some reason. Got up and exercised--30 min. on the bike and 40 on the treadmill. It felt good. I've been slowly taking over our garage and making it into a gym. Today I put down an indoor/outdoor carpet that used to be on our patio to go with the treadmill, CD/cassette player, towel and towel hook, and bulletin board (for motivational messages!). I'm going to try to talk DH into getting a weight bench and getting all the weights out of our bedroom. Have to see how that goes over. He might as well give in and get one. . .there's no room in the garage for his car, anyway!;)

Hey, Karen, were you making fun of my 1/2 minute walk?!:mad:
First you start wearing my outfit and then you're mocking my workout. Well! OK, here's what I'll do. . .when it's time for us to change our clippie outfits, we'll call each other first.lol And about my short little walk. . .

Uh, I meant to write that I did a 30 minute and 1/2 minute workout--a more than a bit compulsive about time keeping, I'll admit:rolleyes: but every second counts when I'm on that treadmill, you know what I'm saying!:p I'm trying to work off at least a couple of oz. from my big ole bottom before I put on my bathing suit and walk onto Castaway Cay!

Speaking of walking, Karen. . .have you ever thought of walking in the WDW half-marathon? If you or any of you other great WISH buddies of mine ever think about doing it, let me know. To me it would be like the ultimate in challenges! I know there was some thread about it on the board. . .I'll have to check it out.

Foodwise, I've been OK, so far. For breakfast I had coffee with milk and fruit salad. Lunch was a peanut butter sandwich (total of 10 points thus far). I stopped at 7-11 and got a diet pepsi slurpee--just the ticket for this hot, humid day. Feebee, I like the idea of those flavored waters in wine glasses. . .gonna do that.
Tonight's dinner will be a cheeseburger, no bun, and some fresh green beans. Oh, and y'all know what dessert will be by now.;)

Leaving tomorrow morning to visit my mom for a few days, and am slightly nervous about staying OP, but you guys are such inspirations for me, I think I'm going to be able to stay focused. I know how you feel, MeMe, not going to the shore. . .it's just easier in some ways not to venture out. . .it's a relief to stay home. I keep trying to remember to stop myself and ask myself how I'll feel AFTER I eat something: will I be upset with myself? Lately, I'm getting better at staying away from stuff if the answer is yes. Sure hope I can do that when we're out for breakfast at the famous Wellsboro Diner!

I'll try to check in tomorrow before I go. . .

Just a quick wrap up of the day:

Dinner: 9
(plus b--2, l--8, dessert--2)=21 for the day, 27 left in the bank.

Good night

OK, this is my last journal entry until Sunday or Monday! I have one pound to go to reach my goal for 9/1 (185), but I'm seriously entering the DANGER ZONE: four days of restaurant meals while I visit my mom. [An aside here. . .it's not that my mom doesn't know how to cook. . .though she doesn't like it, that's for sure. . .she lives in a lovely assisted living facility and when we visit, she only wants to eat out. DH, DD, and I stay at a nearby hotel, so we see mom as well as swim and live it up!]
We have access to a fitness center at the hotel, so I'm hoping to keep my morning date with the treadmill, but I've hoped to do that on previous visits and never have.:( This time will be different, though. Right? Right??

No routine, no skinny cows, bountiful buffets at every turn. . .YIKES!:eek: Send me telepathic motivational messages, girls, I need all the help I can get!

See you next week.

Onward and downward?? Gulp.

Can ou hear me? I'm wishing out to you, STAY FOCUSED! Hit that treadmill not the buffet. Only 35 days till you see Mickey. You're doing so well, YEAH! Yummy a diet pepsi slurpee:D

You're going to hit your mini-goal, you may even by-pass it, have a great downward weekend:Pinkbounc

Hmmm. I'm back, and I've been so very, very, VERY bad:rolleyes:
I had a great Labor Day vacation, filled with all kinds of yummy things, but I'm here this morning to get myself back on track. I didn't even get weighed yesterday because I was afraid I'd have to give my clippie back!:( MeMe, I guess I was just too far away to hear your support!

I'm ready to begin a new mini-goal: cheat free until Oct. 3rd (the day we leave for our WDW/DCL vacation! As far as my other mini-goal (185 by 9/1), I haven't been brave enough to check. . .

Well that's two of us who were really really bad this weekend (but wasn't it great!). Time for us both to get back on track now, to eat good and healthy and exercise. Don't worry about what's happened, its in the past and can't be changed. So come on, its back to you and me exercising :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc and trying to recover from our slight blip (actually mine was huge but never mind!).

Lulu, you're in good company - I've been oopsing as well. But today is a new day and we can get right back on track. You had a good time and made some good memories on vacation and that is what's important about this past weekend! Now, it's back to business, for both of us!

Well, I made it to the end of the day. Here's how it went:

B--coffee with milk, toast with peanut butter 6
L--Rita's water ice and a soft pretzel 9.5
D--spaghetti with about 2.5 oz. chicken
honey roasted almonds for dessert :D

Not one single bit of exercise except for the running up and down the stairs that I did while doing the wash. . .rather pathetic.

I'm listening, Pam and Doreen, it's a new month and tomorrow, once I get my DD off to school, I'm hitting that treadmill hard. Your words have encouraged and comforted me.

(I do have to say, though, I have no regrets about that homemade brownie with the peanut butter icing over the weekend.:p)

Yuck! Yesterday was a bad day--terrible, terrible eating! I had a candy bar, pretzels, a beer, and cheese rolls! Talk about carb loading. I was depressed about the first day of school (happy for DD, sad for me), worried about work, fighting with DH--yuck! (Oh, I said that already.)

I'm kinda still in my blue funk this morning, but I think what I need is some time on my bike, so after the last school buses leave, I'm going to hit the road for awhile.

Today's a new day. Plan to eat better, exercise (though yesterday I did do 2.18 mi. on the old treadmill), and count my blessings. I'm working until about 8 now and need to spend more of my evening time (when I finally walk in the door) with DD
so a.m. will most likely be my only computer time.

It's Day 1 of my cheat-free-'cause-cruise-is-coming challenge!

(Watch out, MeMe, I'm fast approaching you on that Cheat Free Trail!):p

{{hugs}} to you, Lulu!! You sound like you're struggling a bit! Take heart - each day is a new day. In fact, each time you eat, you can choose to eat healthy - you don't even have to wait for tomorrow!!

Now, you'd better be getting your exercise!! I'll be checking in on this thread and I want to see that you've MOVED today!! It seems to help you so much with your mood - it's a wonderful gift to give yourself!

You go, girl!! You're gonna look and feel great on that cruise!!!

Hey there Lulu! I'm back! I know I haven't been around this last week, but you've all been in my thoughts. It was really crazy at work these last two weeks, but things should start to die down now that my boss is back. But enough about me in YOUR journal....

I see you hit a slight bump in the road. Not to worry, we all go through that from time to time. If you fall off the wagon, just dust yourself off and get right back on, don't beat yourself up, ok? It's admirable that you've at least continued to exercise, so give yourself a pat on the back for that. It's amazing how our emotions can affect our eating habits, isn't it? I think that's what's so great about a journal. You can look back and see if there's a pattern and make adjustments when needed and it's a great avenue to be able to vent.

I'm going to keep my post short. Just wanted to say hi, and that I haven't gone anywhere. Like I told MeMe, I'm hanging in there with you all. Good night!

:o

Yesterday was better. Not exactly cheat free, thanks to those mean little tootsie roll midgees that I keep for my students as a practice reward (I swear they jumped out of the treat jar and landed in my mouth when I wasn't looking!). . .but better. I walked on my treadie in the a.m. for 1.75 mi. and tried to eat in a healthy way (still not getting a good WW point count), took my vitamins. Overall, a day that was a step in the right direction.

I have to tell you that the hugs and kind words from you, Doreen and Lisa, help tremendously. So often in the past I've felt alone in the day to day struggle of weight loss and management, but with you terrific WISH friends, I feel such support. Thanks for understanding and for taking the time to post. You're so sweet!:p

So, Doreen, now I have a new slogan, courtesy of you: Lean and Mean by Halloween! That made me chuckle!:p I know I'm not going to be lean and mean by our cruise (27 days and counting!), but today I'm going to make a real effort to STAY AWAY FROM THE MIDGEES! And of course, the donuts, Lisa. I haven't forgotten how evil they are. . .:p

Onward and downward, once again--

Hi Lulu,

No tootsies for adults they're only for kids - that's what I tell myself. My ds was eating some last night and boy I could just taste it. But I love being cheat free. Here's a wish that the scale/tape measure is good to you this week :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter