Lookout Cay Serenity Bay

Sydnerella

enough is as good as a feast
Please tell me about Serenity Bay area on LC at LP. Interested in things like:
  1. Distance or walk time to shops, main entertainment area, other must dos
  2. If the food and drink offerings are the same at Serenity as anywhere else - so not missing a special drink or snack, etc
  3. Are there enough beach chairs on beach by water vs across the bridge? are the short chairs available here to sit in the edge of water?
  4. Vibe, comfort, are flies mostly resolved here?
  5. Nearby bathrooms, etc?
  6. Anything else?
Thanks! Vlogs we have found tend to be overviews and gloss over the Serenity Bay area on LC at LP.

We have a 5-night on the Fantasy in February (Sea Day, Nassau, LC, CC). We are new empty nesters in low 50s and looking forward to some of the Disney Adult spaces for the first time! This includes the onboard pool deck spaces and Cove too! Also love me some rainforest room!

Our experience at LP from August:
1 Its a good walk but not really an issue unless you have some mobility restrictions. Even so, my wife had a knee replacement in February, managed with minimal complaints. Understand that serenity bay is a tram ride from the pier and then a walk from there.
2. Food and drink seemed to be the same as what we experienced at Castaway Cay. Didn't check the offerings at the family beach.
3 There were plenty of chairs along the beach. We were about as far towards the end of Serenity Bay as you could get but looking down the beach I saw lots available. Also, the beach sand there is soft with no rocks. Very nice.
4 Vibe is relaxed. Very comfortable. No issue with the flies
5 Bathrooms are fairly handy... as is the ocean. ;)
6 Enjoy yourself!

We too are empty nesters in our 50s. We were at LC in Sep and it was amazing. I've (literally) been all over the world, and LC's beach is one of, if not the, best beach I've ever been to in my live. My wife grew up in San Diego, and she says it IS the best beach she's been to. Your questions:

-Distance or walk time to shops, main entertainment area, other must dos: It's a haul from the tram stop. Recommend wearing tennis shoes and carrying the flip flops. We're not much for the shopping/entertainment, but it didn't seem like a long walk to get back to them. We had to walk past all that to get to SB.
NB: we were in the first wave off the ship. Took us 12 minutes to walk the pier and were the second couple on the beach in SB.

-If the food and drink offerings are the same at Serenity as anywhere else - so not missing a special drink or snack, etc. Same as the others. We're not big fans of the CC food (I know, heresy), but we enjoyed the LC food quite a bit.

-Are there enough beach chairs on beach by water vs across the bridge? are the short chairs available here to sit in the edge of water? When you say 'across the bridge' I assume you mean on the shore side of the dunes? There was quite a lot of seating. Of note, there was only one couple on the shore side of the dunes when we were there, though it seemed to be a preference for them as there were still seats available on the beach proper. Just like on CC, there are 2 recliners paired with 2 low chairs at every umbrella.

-Vibe, comfort, are flies mostly resolved here?: Vibe was super low key. Very relaxing and lovely. Zero problems with flies.

-Nearby bathrooms, etc?: Just back over the dunes was the bar and on the backside of the bar building were REALLY nice bathrooms and showers. SB food was just past that. We're talking twenty yards to the bar and another fifteen to food. Super easy.

-Anything else?: Can't wait to go back.

We were told that the DCL Wi-Fi was available over the whole area, but we were so entranced with the beach that we didn't even try.

LC is BIG. From north to south is quite large. We'd plans to do the nature walk, but that was a haul from the far north end of LC down there. In the end, though, it was no great loss.

Snorkeling is kinda non-existent. We love to snorkel at CC, but with the buoys marking the furthest the guest can proceed being fairly close to shore, we didn't even try. We're eyeing an excursion for our next trip there for snorkeling.

A couple of additional things:
There is different food available at the Serenity Bay barbecue but you have to ask for them - steaks and a spicy chicken sandwich last time we were there. And the view (you can see the ocean!) is amazing compared to the dirt road view at Castaway.
Snorkeling is actually outstanding. The water is super clear, and the nice thing about starting at Serenity Bay is that the current flows towards the family beaches, so you can just drift along. Look for the darker areas in the water, which are coral formations. We saw lots of fish both times we were there.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest