Looking for pictures of BLT original studio bathroom

Donna M

DIS Veteran
I'm having a hard time finding the original floor plans or pictures of what the bathroom looked like before they realized not having a sink in the bathroom and putting it in the kitchenette was a poor idea.

If I remember correctly, the sink just wasn't there. No other changes.

Ask and ye shall receive! ;)

The wall you can't see where the sink is now was just that - a wall. So I don't have any pictures showing it. There's a glimpse of the toilet paper mounted to the wall:

p723068713-4.jpg

And the rest of the "bathroom" located in the kitchen:

p998050555-4.jpg

p119005847-4.jpg

And for comparison - that wall showing the new sink:

p1666683234-4.jpg

And what's left of the "bathroom" in the kitchen:

p1823202826-4.jpg

p1669801351-4.jpg

BLT was the first hotel I ever stayed in where I decided that the designers should be required to live in a model for at least a week before the design was finalized. We didn't stay in a studio until after the bathroom was redone, but we stayed in a 1-BR and the sconces at the master bathroom vanity cast horrid shadows on our faces. It was almost impossible to apply makeup evenly, and my DH was at serious risk of cutting himself with every shave! The sconces were beautiful, and I could certainly see why the designer chose them, but they were totally nonfunctional!

Wow that original configuration was pretty bad!

I toured the model while BLT was still under construction and basically told the Guide that same thing. She said people were about 50/50 split on it. For a timeshare sales person I figured that meant about 80/20 or 90/10! :laughing: DVC reconfigured at their own expense.

I have to say, even though it makes the bathroom small, I DO love that “kitchen.” I was able to unpack almost my entire owners locker. I know those studios are small but everything had a place so it didn’t feel so cramped :)

I have to say, even though it makes the bathroom small, I DO love that “kitchen.” I was able to unpack almost my entire owners locker. I know those studios are small but everything had a place so it didn’t feel so cramped :)

Funny - I think the BLT bathroom is pretty good sized for a studio! :) And of course the kitchenette is the biggest. I like the layout - it really is a good design now that they got the bathroom sink out of the kitchen. It's not big so I also think it's best for 1 or 2 people but that's ok with me!

Thanks for the pictures, just what I was looking for. Are they your personal pictures, because I couldn't find anything on a search.

It is amazing that anyone would think it a good idea not to put a sink with a toilet. Makes me want to wash every doorknob around.

Thanks for the pictures, just what I was looking for. Are they your personal pictures, because I couldn't find anything on a search.

It is amazing that anyone would think it a good idea not to put a sink with a toilet. Makes me want to wash every doorknob around.

You're welcome! Yes, they are my personal pictures.

BLT opened Aug 2009. I thought it was within the first year when they started putting a sink in the bathroom instead of just having it in the kitchenette because there were so many complaints about no sink in the bathroom. That was when they added the lock feature to the sliding barn door to the bathroom as well.

BLTStudio.jpg

I agree with the early dates of the change, there were so many complaints.

Look what I found, something else I was looking for. I guess my original search was poorly done. This time I put in different words and got something, but the photos are still better.

I guess we stayed in a remodeled room then in October 2014. I couldn't remember honestly what the bathroom set-up was, but I guess I would have remembered if there was a bathroom sink in the kitchenette!!! So a lot of DVC rooms have the bathroom sink outside of the bathroom. Were the complaints because of the fact that it was too close to the kitchenette? I would have complained, too. That is just gross!

I guess we stayed in a remodeled room then in October 2014. I couldn't remember honestly what the bathroom set-up was, but I guess I would have remembered if there was a bathroom sink in the kitchenette!!! So a lot of DVC rooms have the bathroom sink outside of the bathroom. Were the complaints because of the fact that it was too close to the kitchenette? I would have complained, too. That is just gross!

Yes. The other layouts do not have the bathroom sink right in the kitchenette. It was the area to blow dry your hair - perfect in a kitchen! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter