Looking for Orlando Tattoo Parlor

Dis703

DIS Veteran
I'm going to be at Disney the end of January and would like to get my first tattoo while I'm down there. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a place to go that they have had a great experience with or that they know has a great reputation.

Thanks!

I'm going to be at Disney the end of January and would like to get my first tattoo while I'm down there. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a place to go that they have had a great experience with or that they know has a great reputation.

Thanks!
A lot of CMs recommend Hart and Huntington located at Universal’s Citywalk. You’d also have to pay for parking. They are highly rated - google for reviews. :)

A lot of CMs recommend Hart and Huntington located at Universal’s Citywalk. You’d also have to pay for parking. They are highly rated - google for reviews. :)

That's where I had been planning to go as it's the only one my friend knew about in the area. But reading reviews it seemed like while good, not necessarily worth the price you pay. They do seem popular though.

Thanks!

I've heard a lot of good things about Fine Ink studios, though I haven't been there myself. Checking out portfolios is your best bet. Look up how to evaluate portfolios and studios.

FWIW, I'd rethink having your 1st tattoo done while on vacation. You won't be able to swim. Wherever you get the tattoo will have to be covered from the sun for a few days. And depending on the location and size, it will be pretty uncomfortable for several days.

I thought of those things but I don’t swim and it’s not in an area the sun will hit it. And being January it isn’t the sunniest time of year. It’s something special I want to do with someone special who lives there. The vacation is kind of secondary as I go a lot. Thanks for the thoughts though!

A few ones that I’ve heard are good are: Ascension, Rise Above, Built 4 Speed, and Divine Canvas. Most of the better shops are near downtown Orlando. Russell at Fallen Sparrow (@findyoursmile on Insta) does amazing Disney tattoos, but he’s so popular he’s probably booked for January.

I thought of those things but I don’t swim and it’s not in an area the sun will hit it. And being January it isn’t the sunniest time of year. It’s something special I want to do with someone special who lives there. The vacation is kind of secondary as I go a lot. Thanks for the thoughts though!

Just make sure to keep it covered. January may not be the warmest time of year, but the sun will still be out and there's nothing worse for a new tattoo than the sun. I love my tattoos. I've got 6 of them. The first 2 weeks are all about after care, primarily to avoid any infection. Sorry if I sound like I'm giving a lecture. It's just real important to take care of yourself. So many people don't realize that they are walking around with an open wound. Be safe.:goodvibes

Just make sure to keep it covered. January may not be the warmest time of year, but the sun will still be out and there's nothing worse for a new tattoo than the sun. I love my tattoos. I've got 6 of them. The first 2 weeks are all about after care, primarily to avoid any infection. Sorry if I sound like I'm giving a lecture. It's just real important to take care of yourself. So many people don't realize that they are walking around with an open wound. Be safe.:goodvibes

Not at all, thanks for the tips. I was warned to expect it to be like a bad sunburn essentially so that's what I'm preparing for. I'll definitely be sure to keep it covered.

Not at all, thanks for the tips. I was warned to expect it to be like a bad sunburn essentially so that's what I'm preparing for. I'll definitely be sure to keep it covered.

Depends on the size. If it's just a small one, honestly, it won't be bad. Maybe a bit itchy. I got one last year that goes from my knee to my ankle. Took 11 hours. That puppy hurt. I was limping for about 2 weeks. Cocoa Butter is your friend.:thumbsup2

Depends on the size. If it's just a small one, honestly, it won't be bad. Maybe a bit itchy. I got one last year that goes from my knee to my ankle. Took 11 hours. That puppy hurt. I was limping for about 2 weeks. Cocoa Butter is your friend.:thumbsup2

Oh wow, nothing that big! And not on my leg or I'd really be in trouble at Disney, lol. I can only imagine how that must have hurt. I think the total area is only about 3x4 inches but not all of that will be inked. And it will be on my chest just below my collar bone so not a hand/leg, etc. that I'd have to use. I think my only concern is making sure what I wear doesn't rub against it or bother it. Probably no backpack this trip like I usually use so I need to plan around that.

Oh wow, nothing that big! And not on my leg or I'd really be in trouble at Disney, lol. I can only imagine how that must have hurt. I think the total area is only about 3x4 inches but not all of that will be inked. And it will be on my chest just below my collar bone so not a hand/leg, etc. that I'd have to use. I think my only concern is making sure what I wear doesn't rub against it or bother it. Probably no backpack this trip like I usually use so I need to plan around that.
I hear fanny packs are back in fashion :)

I agree with the Captain about the aftercare. Very important.

FWIW, I'd rethink having your 1st tattoo done while on vacation. You won't be able to swim. Wherever you get the tattoo will have to be covered from the sun for a few days. And depending on the location and size, it will be pretty uncomfortable for several days.

And take away from family time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter