Looking for a Name for Join up Discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tine731 said:
okay, have I missed something? What is the $86. friends and family rate?

Prospective members are currently being quoted a price of $86 per point at Saratoga Springs, contingent upon having a referral on file from an existing DVC member.

A similar promotion was offered last fall with a net price of just over $83 per point.

tjkraz said:
Prospective members are currently being quoted a price of $86 per point at Saratoga Springs, contingent upon having a referral on file from an existing DVC member.

A similar promotion was offered last fall with a net price of just over $83 per point.

Thank you. I have famly that will be happy to hear this. Do you know if this includes add ons for current members. We may need a few more points. ;)

How long will this promotion being going on? I am interested in joining DVC this year, I am waiting for the info packet to come in the mail.

We're going on a quick trip in December with one purpose being to seriously look into purchasing DVC (we originally took the tour in July 2005). So, before we go, should we get our friends who already own to call their guide and give us a referral? Would we already have a file to put it in? We called the guide that we had last year just to let him know we were coming back down, but he hasn't returned our call yet (called him last Thursday). Any advice?

All you have to do is give the name of the member you know. I was just there last week (I told myself I was just going to look into DVC) but I ended buying because of the referral. All I had to do was give the name of the member I knew.

Thanks,
Michelle

I, too, would like to know how long this promotion is going on for. We plan on buying when we are there Nov30-Dec3. But, I will buy earlier to get the friends and family rate.

I am not sure how long this promotion is running. My guide never said. Hopefully you will be able to take advantage of it. $15 savings really adds up!!

`michelle

Does anyone know specifics on this incentive? If you are paying $86/point and Dec is your u/y, are you getting 150 points in Dec 2006? If so, are you also responsible for paying for 2006 dues?

THanks!

WorkForVacation said:
Does anyone know specifics on this incentive? If you are paying $86/point and Dec is your u/y, are you getting 150 points in Dec 2006? If so, are you also responsible for paying for 2006 dues?

From what I've heard, the first points you would get are December '06 (which are good from 12/1/06 to 11/30/07.)

Dues are always pro-rated when purchasing direct from DVC, but if the first points are truely not received until 12/06, the most they would require you to pay is 1/12th of the 2006 dues.

I don't recall how long the F&F incentive lasted last year but as I recall it was for a couple of months.... they key though is that you have to be referred by an existing member.

Thank you to all who have replied to my request. I have a referral. I spoke again w/ my guide and he was very happy to explain everything to us. He sent us a new DVC book and called this evening to see if we have received it. We are still on the fence to buy. We have stayed cash basis for the last 2 yrs at OKW in a 2bdrm due to family size. We all love OKW. I hope to go again next yr if DD grows almost 3 inches to ride the Star Tours ride. Everyone here has been extremely helpful and friendly.

Thanks again. Will post if we get off the fence :dance3:

I need a referral for the $86.00 "Friends/Family" purchase promotion that is going on. Please e mail/PM.

Thank you,

GSW85 said:
I need a referral for the $86.00 "Friends/Family" purchase promotion that is going on. Please e mail/PM.

Thank you,

What is this Friends/Family promo?

Never mind I found the answer. $86 pp at SSR with referral.

tjkraz said:
From what I've heard, the first points you would get are December '06 (which are good from 12/1/06 to 11/30/07.)

Dues are always pro-rated when purchasing direct from DVC, but if the first points are truely not received until 12/06, the most they would require you to pay is 1/12th of the 2006 dues.

Interesting.
I always wondered why dues, for points not available until December, were due in January.
I guess if they were initially pro-rated, it makes some sense.
Does this mean that a person recieves an entire years points, and only pays the dues on 1/12 of those points?

When interest on savings is above 0, it just didn't seem fair to me to pay dues on points not yet available. However, when I was always borrowing, I didn't mind.
Now I seem to care.
I now see the advantage of a January UY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter