• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Locking bags for use at pool

Summer2018

DIS Veteran
I read somewhere on at the DIS about bags of different sizes that lock and can be attached to a beach chair. When we go to the pool, I want to be able to bring my personal belongings and know that someone will not walk off with them while I'm swimming.

Years ago while staying at the ASMusic, someone walked up to our chairs and attempted to steal something out of our beach bag while we were in the pool. Luckily, my husband had eyes on our stuff and is very athletic, because as the guy reached down into our bag, my husband yelled out, lifted himself out of the pool and ran toward our chairs and the guy. The guy took off and got away before my husband could catch him.

I really don't want a repeat of that while we are at the Poly this summer.

Can someone recommend a secure bag?

I attempted to order the KYSS bag, but they didn't have the color I wanted, and I would have had to wait 4 weeks or more just for it to be shipped, then pay extra for expedited shipping. We are leaving shortly thereafter, and I'm nervous about whether or not it would arrive on time before our departure.

While searching Amazon, I found a beach bag lock with wire to secure other items. Then I ordered a zippered beach bag in a cute tropical print from Land's End with a 5 star rating and on sale and with free shipping. I got both for less than the KYSS bag. Hopefully, this combo will work as well as the KYSS bag.

Thanks so much for the recommendations. I will report back after our trip.

I bought a Kyss bag for a cruise, used it once and the liner tore away from the bag. I found the quality to be poor!
That helps me so much. The Lands End bag I bought can carry up to 500 pounds, has a waterproof base, and would be very difficult to destroy. I have other bags from them, so I know about the quality. I'm glad I didn't buy the KYSS bag.

The problem with the Lands End Bag is the fact that it can be cut and items removed. We always use Pac Safe bags that can't be cut and can be locked to a fixed object. They are pricey, but we have had all of our bags for 10+ years, have traveled all over the world, and they are still going strong.

The problem with the Lands End Bag is the fact that it can be cut and items removed. We always use Pac Safe bags that can't be cut and can be locked to a fixed object. They are pricey, but we have had all of our bags for 10+ years, have traveled all over the world, and they are still going strong.
That’s awesome.

The LE beach bag I purchased is made of the same heavy duty canvas used to make sails. Yes, I am sure it could be cut with the right tool, very sharp tailors shears, and I tend to doubt that the typical resort thief will be carrying those. Even if he/she was, it wouldn’t be a quick job. I think I would notice someone leaning over my pool lounge chair attempting to cut into my bag. Since I will be using it at my cabana at the Oasis pool, I won’t be far. The lock is meant to be a deterrent. It’s a lot easier to go after an unsecured beach bag.

Thanks for your feedback.

I just have a small bag for the valuables for when just going to the resort hotel. It's an Aquavault Flex Safe. I really like it. It's of course not like the bigger bags, but it's good for our smaller items like glasses, keys, and money.

We use the KYSS bag, medium size, which is large enough for my stuff and DH's stuff. It is also slash-proof and allows you to wrap the chain around a chair or something secure, and then secure the zippers together as well. So, someone can't walk off with your bag, open your bag, or cut your bag open. The chain also hides nicely in a covered pocket when it's not secure. I find the bag to be good quality and it was worth the price to me.

I have a Pacsafe crossbody. I add a luggage lock if I am really worried about someone taking off with it. If they really want to work at stealing my stuff.. they can have it.
I have an Aquavault but it takes up too much room in my suitcase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter