LL Premier Pass

This is my concern as well. At DLR, this has been the case at some rides, like RSR. And we once got into the LL for Star Tours and it was a nightmare for our son. I really hope this isn't going to be the norm for us. Ugh.
Was this even after the DAS changes at DL, or before? I’ve heard the LL have been going MUCH quicker at WDW since the DAS changes.

So can we finally acknowledge that this wasn't about "capacity" or "cheating" but about clearing schlubs like my family, who had GAC and DAS for 15 years, out of the LL so it can be sold to deluxe guests who are willing to pay $1,000 per day for a family of 4 and don't have to wait the stand by time?

Yes, I am cynical, and I am heart broken to see what has happened over the last 10 years to my favorite place.
It was absolute about capacity, since you can’t sell a better experience if the lines are full of people who can be accommodated with something else.

Disney is a business, not sure why anyone thinks they aren’t obligated to make money.

It was absolute about capacity, since you can’t sell a better experience if the lines are full of people who can be accommodated with something else.

Disney is a business, not sure why anyone thinks they aren’t obligated to make money.
Yes, but Magic Kingdom attendance is down 17% since 2019 and they didn't have the capacity issues they have today. They decided to charge for access, created a large incentive to cheat, blamed people with physical disabilities that impact their ability to stand in line, and used that extra capacity to sell to privileged guests for more $$$ rather than improve guest experience.

Call me old fashioned but I don't think Walt/Roy would approve. Disney got my loyalty and my money because they weren't the same as every other business. Now they are and the magic is gone for me. I will treat them like any other option now, and they lose in many comparisons. Oh well, it is a big world.

Yes, but Magic Kingdom attendance is down 17% since 2019 and they didn't have the capacity issues they have today. They decided to charge for access, created a large incentive to cheat, blamed people with physical disabilities that impact their ability to stand in line, and used that extra capacity to sell to privileged guests for more $$$ rather than improve guest experience.

Call me old fashioned but I don't think Walt/Roy would approve. Disney got my loyalty and my money because they weren't the same as every other business. Now they are and the magic is gone for me. I will treat them like any other option now, and they lose in many comparisons. Oh well, it is a big world.
Doesn’t really matter how much attendance is down if the LLs are so badly jammed up that people who paid weren’t getting their money’s worth, that people who didn’t pay were waiting much longer than they should have been, and the LLs were too long for some DAS users to even use them.

I would rather bring back the GAC card for children with severe disabilities that would allow them front of the line access with only one adult member of their family (I believe the DAS should also be limited to only one family member to accompany the DAS holder in addition to the person it is issued to as well). This is going to price more people out.

I would rather bring back the GAC card for children with severe disabilities that would allow them front of the line access with only one adult member of their family (I believe the DAS should also be limited to only one family member to accompany the DAS holder in addition to the person it is issued to as well). This is going to price more people out.
No thanks.

No one is being priced out of anything, as this is a purely optional purchase.

No thanks.

No one is being priced out of anything, as this is a purely optional purchase.
That is true. It is optional, but the only thing is it is going to push the lightning lane and DAS line further back as well as the standby line. So to be honest, many are going to get far less for what they paid for and would feel “priced out”.

This is just my own personal opinion.

Last edited:
That is true. It is optional, but the only thing is it is going to push the lightning lane and DAS line further back as well as the standby line. So to be honest, many are going to get far less for what they paid for and would feel “priced out”.

This is just my own personal opinion.
I doubt it. The people buying the new premier pass were most likely already going to purchase the LLMP and/or LLSP, so it wouldn’t change them being in the LL. Also, not many people are going to purchase it…. It’s nice to have options for people who want it though. Think of it like an airplane. Some people want to pay for first class and some people don’t. Different options for different preferences.

Was this even after the DAS changes at DL, or before? I’ve heard the LL have been going MUCH quicker at WDW since the DAS changes.

That's good to hear. We haven't been to WDW since the new rules. Hopefully we will still qualify.

Sorry, but no. We are a family of 3 and that would be ridiculous if we could never do rides all together.

IMO, true front of the line access should remain reserved for make a wish families.

That would not work for a lot of people.
In our situation, my daughter is the DAS user. If she transfers, both my husband and I need to be there to transfer her
That's good to hear. We haven't been to WDW since the new rules. Hopefully we will still qualify.

Sorry, but no. We are a family of 3 and that would be ridiculous if we could never do rides all together.
I agree.
And for many reasons, only allowing 1 person would not work for many people who need DAS

Exactly correct. That is exactly why I believe Lightning Lane Premier is a horrible idea.
I’m confused how you think this will have a huge impact. The premier people are still going through the LL just like DAS users, and people who purchase LLMP and LLSP (which premier probably would have purchased and been in that line anyway).

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest