Live TR cabana bay, vero beach and Disney cruise

Love the breakfast pic! We are going to try HHAGG during our next trip. Heard mixed things, but it looks good!

Hash house was good again but the portions are stupid easily shareable. It is quite bar like/dark in there not a typical breakfast place. Had a lazier day today. Had a fun few hours at gatorland, dd enjoyed feeding the alligators turkey hotdogs. Went for ice cream at private island opposite gator land. Had seen it on trip advisor they make it in front of you with liquid nitrogen! My key lime cheesecake was good. Cooler today with a breeze but still been about 80 degrees. At pool now dh and dd are only ones in. Will have a go on lazy river (hard life!) going to head to citiwalk to eat and maybe mini golf.

Did the golf and dine deal at city walk tonight. Ate at pat o Briens for first and last time least said the better! Manager was good and we didn't pay anything in the end. Golf part much more fun - did the haunted mansion side 18 holes. We all got a hole in one. Was much better at night.

Just had to Google Pat O'Briens Orlando, didn't even know they had one. I have taken photos of the original in New Orleans, unfortunately Matt was 3 months away from his 21st birthday so we couldn't go in. We drank in a really friendly bar opposite instead :)

Yes we've been to one in New Orleans in pre dd days. Courtyard was same as one there. It started off well, sat outside dh had a hurricane. Wouldn't recommend though. Waiting for dd to wake up, breakfast then universal parks today.

Had a good park day yesterday. IHOP for breakfast then did islands of adventure. Did the meet a raptor for the first time I look terrified on the photos. Had a late lunch at margaritaville which was great then swam in the other courtyard pool with the slide. Spent evening in diagon alley and did gringotts again plus dd did spells with her wand, not crowded as it was nearly closing time. Tried Nypd pizza which hit the spot, had a groupon. Dd made her own pizza which she enjoyed.

Had a universal morning. Got there just before regular opening at 8. Rode despicable me, transformers and the mummy as walk ons. First time on the mummy - at the limit of my ride tolerance. Did Simpsons, ET and terminator again no wait. Then had lunch at margaritaville again - can't beat sitting on the patio and food was very good. Dh came back for a nap and me and dd went back to park to watch animal actors show. Made effort to do lots of the special photos on the photo connect card like Simpsons couch and ET closet. At pool again. They have just done a lifeguard drill dropping a fake toddler in - guard reacted super fast. Life Guards have been great very reassuring.

Lots of people in park with back to future tops on but nothing special on. Had a photo with delorean. Did see one visitor dressed as doc.

They have just done a lifeguard drill dropping a fake toddler in - guard reacted super fast. Life Guards have been great very reassuring.
Trouble is when it happens in real life is totally different to a drill. A few years back Karen and I had to jump in a save a man who was drowning, life guard not 10 yards away but totally oblivious to what was happening. You just hope they will respond quickly when needed.

Really enjoying your report, thank you for taking the time. I'm so glad I did mine in August, great to look back on.
Looking forward to more updates.

Thanks I enjoyed yours in summer. I'm on my phone so shortish posts. It isn't letting upload photos keeps saying too large. Off to try 4 rivers smokehouse tonight.

Had a fantastic meal at 4 rivers glad we went. 15 mins from universal up the I4. Has the smoked brisket. Tried two cakes from the sweet shop there too, brought most of them back for later.

Last edited:
Lazier start today. Had carrot cake pancake at first watch for breakfast and a bit of shopping for cake decorating supplies at Michaels. On bus to universal studios now - plan is shows not rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter