Live! The Todd & Nicki Anniversary/Xmas is Early Celebration!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did start to come out of his funk shortly after that, he had a killer headache and instead of telling me that he acting like Meanie the missing dwarf. Men, cant live with them, cant shoot them but need them to support my Disney habit :thumbsup2

:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao: I love it "Meanie, the missing dwarf." :lmao::lmao:
What is with men that they have to act like two year olds when they don't feel well?

I'm sorry the CL was so bad your last couple of days there--for what you pay there is no excuse for that.

This seems to be a common theme on our last day as well. DH is crabby, DD is indecisive and trying to enjoy the park on the last day just does not work for us. I think we may just hang by the pool and enjoy the view of the MK from the Poly in the future!

I guess after a week we are done with the crowds, done with lines and just done! :headache:

I hate to hear that about the CL lounge! They have already made so many cutbacks! I hope they do not continue to do so and jack up the prices.

Are you out from under that pile of laundry yet? :laundy:

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! I am looking forward to a review of dinner and pics!:lmao:

Nicki, I have lurked for so long but just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your food reviews!:thumbsup2 I would so be going to Disney alot too if I lived closer, I love the food there. DH laughs because I take pics of our food. He thinks it's insane. Whatever, I don't make fun of the stupid computer games he likes to play!:laughing: Anyhow, I've been curious about the Poly CL for awhile and am glad to see such a detailed review. We were just at the Poly the end of October, not CL though.

The pics of you and your DH are adorable.:goodvibes How nice to have a hubby who understands a woman's need for Disney! Thanks for all the great reviews. :goodvibes

Crazy crowds are why my DH and I never go during the Summer or over any holiday. Our favorite time is early May and October. Next year we are going the last week of September and are crossing our fingers that it is not too crazy. Hopefully most kids are back in school.

So sorry your last day was hectic. But the breakfast from Main Street Bakery looks so yummy. I sure hope it got better for you.

Somehow I missed you entire report until today, hate it when work and life get in the way of DIS. :rotfl2: Another wonderful report as always. Congrats to you on Anniversary.

All your pics of the Christmas decorations and MVMCP made me wish I was going to WDW again this Dec as we were last year for DS's bday but alas we have to wait for next Sept. We did decide to stay at BC for 8 nights with Dxl dining so we could take advantage of the wonderful signature dining in that area plus walk to Epcot/DHS. The pool at BC was the thing that sold DH on staying there over BW.

Main Street Bakery's egg and chees croissant is the BEST!!!!! You had a great breakfast!

Fantastic report yet again. :worship: Has really got my mouth watering...... will be tasting it myself tomorrow instead of having to just read about it.....14 days Dxdp.....what more could a girl want!!! (apart from Diamonds, Obviously!!!) :cheer2::banana::cheer2:

Gosh it sounds so manic, but I know exactly how you both felt as I hate crowds and our second trip last year did not fare so well as it was sooo busy...and in the first week of December at that!!!

That Cinnamon Roll is huge!!! Looks yummy though.

Thanx for the Fultons answer, suppose you just gotta chalk it up to what you prefer lunch or dinner wise :)

It was manic, we never experienced anything like that before so we were shocked! The cinnamon bun was as big as my head!

I hope the crowds leave before we get there Sunday. :) What are the chances of that though? I'm not holding my breath. Wishing I could do a live review but we don't have a laptop. Heck, we are lucky to have dsl here in rural Indiana. Thanks for sharing your week with us. Our first stop Sunday will be MK and a trip to the Main Street Bakery for exactly what you got. Can't Wait!!!!!!!!

I hope they leave too! Hope you get to do a dining review when you get back! Eat a croissant sandwich for me :thumbsup2

I really enjoyed reading your reviews. Thanks so much for taking the time to post them, along with so many good shots of the menus!

Thank you so much for reading them and I hope the menu pictures helped, they seem to be identical to the ones on the wdw site.

I just love the pics, you two are a beautiful couple!!!!!

Why thank you ma'am..we clean up nice every once in a while ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao: I love it "Meanie, the missing dwarf." :lmao::lmao:
What is with men that they have to act like two year olds when they don't feel well?

I'm sorry the CL was so bad your last couple of days there--for what you pay there is no excuse for that.

I have other names for him too but this is a family site :rotfl2:

This seems to be a common theme on our last day as well. DH is crabby, DD is indecisive and trying to enjoy the park on the last day just does not work for us. I think we may just hang by the pool and enjoy the view of the MK from the Poly in the future!

I guess after a week we are done with the crowds, done with lines and just done! :headache:

I hate to hear that about the CL lounge! They have already made so many cutbacks! I hope they do not continue to do so and jack up the prices.

Are you out from under that pile of laundry yet? :laundy:

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! I am looking forward to a review of dinner and pics!:lmao:

Laundry is done, took the nieces to see New Moon today (Go Team Jacob!!) and now I am baking and cooking up a storm for tomorrow. I still have a few more goodies to post...will try and get to it soon!

Nicki, I have lurked for so long but just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your food reviews!:thumbsup2 I would so be going to Disney alot too if I lived closer, I love the food there. DH laughs because I take pics of our food. He thinks it's insane. Whatever, I don't make fun of the stupid computer games he likes to play!:laughing: Anyhow, I've been curious about the Poly CL for awhile and am glad to see such a detailed review. We were just at the Poly the end of October, not CL though.

The pics of you and your DH are adorable.:goodvibes How nice to have a hubby who understands a woman's need for Disney! Thanks for all the great reviews. :goodvibes

I appreciate you coming out of lurkdom and saying such nice things! DH used to laugh about the picture thing too but he is totally into it now! I would love to stay Poly CL again but I think we may just use the money for Poly LV instead...DH is really itching to try BWI CL

Crazy crowds are why my DH and I never go during the Summer or over any holiday. Our favorite time is early May and October. Next year we are going the last week of September and are crossing our fingers that it is not too crazy. Hopefully most kids are back in school.

So sorry your last day was hectic. But the breakfast from Main Street Bakery looks so yummy. I sure hope it got better for you.

The week before Thanksgiving is def the right time to go...just leave the Saturday before the holiday to avoid all crowds. The bakery was wonderful! I am so glad we stopped there.

Somehow I missed you entire report until today, hate it when work and life get in the way of DIS. :rotfl2: Another wonderful report as always. Congrats to you on Anniversary.

All your pics of the Christmas decorations and MVMCP made me wish I was going to WDW again this Dec as we were last year for DS's bday but alas we have to wait for next Sept. We did decide to stay at BC for 8 nights with Dxl dining so we could take advantage of the wonderful signature dining in that area plus walk to Epcot/DHS. The pool at BC was the thing that sold DH on staying there over BW.

Real life is preventing me from updating the rest of our stay! I know exactly what you mean! We were thrilled with the decor, it has been 3 years since we went for Xmas and we both missed it so much!

Main Street Bakery's egg and chees croissant is the BEST!!!!! You had a great breakfast!

It was super duper tasty!

Fantastic report yet again. :worship: Has really got my mouth watering...... will be tasting it myself tomorrow instead of having to just read about it.....14 days Dxdp.....what more could a girl want!!! (apart from Diamonds, Obviously!!!) :cheer2::banana::cheer2:

I hope you have a fantastic trip and please make sure to take lots of pictures for all the Disers! After this trip I am convinced that we could not do the deluxe plan, there is just way too much food and we ate pretty light a few times....but of course pigged out for dinner :laughing:

I have other names for him too but this is a family site :rotfl2:

You had your poor boyfriend over here in stitches when I read to him what you called Todd. He was laughing so hard that he hurt his neck because he moved the wrong way. But he said it was worth it...he hasn't laughed that hard in ages.

Happy Turkey Day and will look for the rest of your reviews when you get time.

We were supposed to eat late at LTT, at 2pm, but a cranky hubby asked to try and get in early..we were seated around 1pm and the place was slamming! I did catch the new Princess and Frog skit and it was very cute!

The chef was decorating gingerbread houses in the lobby

Lastday014.jpg

Lastday015.jpg

Lastday008.jpg

Lastday016.jpg

Lastday017.jpg

We had a very hyper overly attentive waitress, I thought DH was going to tell her to bug off (told ya he was cranky)....she was giggling and smiling and just very exciteable...to me that is nice to by happy but she was on the verge of delirium! She did keep the drinks filled so that was a plus

We each had pomegranate lemonade, tasted like plain lemonade but it was icy cold and good.

Lastday018.jpg

We shared the fried mozzarella and cheddar cheese, this arrived seconds after we ordered it and it was ice cold and the cheese was solid hard. I sent it back and again, in seconds, a new plate was placed in front of us but very hot this time. The mozzarella sticks were the standard you would get anywhere, the cheddar cheese niblets were gross...mostly just batter and no cheese.

Lastday019.jpg

I had the chicken and dumplings, more like chicken and noodles. This dish was amazing, the flavor was incredible, the noodles tender, the chicken moist and tender, lots of carrots, celery (cooked celery is my favorite!) and broth. Both of of really enjoyed this dish alot.

Lastday020.jpg

DH was torn between the pot roast and the turkey (everyone around us was eating turkey) but the pot roast won because we are eating turkey tomorrow. THe pot roast was huge, not fatty, lots of flavor, lots of veggies and the potatoes were excellent. He polished off the entire thing.

Lastday021.jpg

We were way too full for dessert and DH was getting in a much better mood so we decided to get a tub of popcorn on the way out and stop at the monorail resorts to find a movie I wanted to get the littlest niece. The plan was to eat the popcorn on the car ride home but it was a fresh batch so we killed it off by the time we got to the CR :rolleyes1

Lastday022.jpg

Lastday023.jpg

We said our final farewell to the MK and hopped aboard the monorail to check out the CR

I appreciate you coming out of lurkdom and saying such nice things! DH used to laugh about the picture thing too but he is totally into it now! I would love to stay Poly CL again but I think we may just use the money for Poly LV instead...DH is really itching to try BWI CL

No problem, I really do enjoy your reviews!:thumbsup2 I've finally trained my DH to automatically not touch his food until I take a pic! He just smiles and puts up with it.

I've wondered if CL is worth the $. Truth be told, the Grand Floridian is our favorite place to stay. The Poly is nice too, I love the tropical amotsphere but we're GF fans! :cloud9:

Anyhow, have a Happy Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to the rest of your reviews. :goodvibes

The first thing you smell as you get off the monorail is the gingerbread tree at the CR....it was awesome!

Lastday027.jpg

Lastday024.jpg

Lastday030.jpg

Lastday025.jpg

Lastday026.jpg

Lastday028.jpg

Lastday029.jpg

Is it just me or are these prices insane? Plus it is not the same gingerbread that they have at Main Street Bakery or Goofys Candy Store or the place in Germany or HS..it is much sweeter with more honey or something...I do not care for it at all.

THey didnt have the movie and neither did the Poly so I thought we would go to the BC/YC/BWI to check out the decor and see if they had the DVD...oh yeah, by this time DH was not too thrilled again so he was just OVERJOYED with this idea...so I left his grouchy butt in the car. :rotfl:

THey didnt have the movie and neither did the Poly so I thought we would go to the BC/YC/BWI to check out the decor and see if they had the DVD...oh yeah, by this time DH was not too thrilled again so he was just OVERJOYED with this idea...so I left his grouchy butt in the car. :rotfl:

Poor, poor Todd. :laughing:

A quick ride to the BC later I popped into the lobby to check things out

Lastday031.jpg

Lastday032.jpg

Lastday033.jpg

Lastday035.jpg

Lastday036.jpg

Lastday037.jpg

Lastday038.jpg

Lastday046.jpg

Lastday045.jpg

Lastday039.jpg

Lastday040.jpg

Lastday044.jpg

I went to the gift shop and they didnt have the DVD either (should have bought it when I saw it) but the CM was kind enough to call the YC and the BWI to see if they had it and save me a trip..they didnt have it either but in order not to have wasted a trip I took a picture of the gelato :goodvibes

Lastday041.jpg

Lastday042.jpg

Lastday043.jpg

I returned to the car empty handed..DH asked me to think of where I had seen the DVD and I remebered AK and the POP...he gave me the hairy eyeball and said we are NOT going back to the AK so just drive over to the POP...sure enough they had a million copies! I was happy, he was happy and we were on the road home. It rained the entire time and we stopped in Ft Myers for a light dinner of soup and salad from Olive Garden, no pictures because DH will not allow me to do that in case we run into someone :rotfl:

I went grocery shopping before we went home and would you believe this...promise not to tell DH? Ok I will confess, at the check out line they had a ton of the new Disney DVD that I just went crazy looking for :lmao: He would flip out if he knew!

This morning the kids came over and DH called the little one over and gave her the movie, she was so happy and she was hugging and kissing HIM and ran over to show me what HE bought her and there he was, smug as anything, just sitting on the couch like he is the King of Making Us All Happy....but what could I do? The boy did just take me on a vacation...so I accidentally gave him the slice of toast that I dropped on the floor...hey 5 second rule was in place :lmao:

So thank you all so much, for the anniversary wishes, Thanksgiving wishes, following along, the advice, the laughs and everything else! Have no idea when we are going next but thats ok....too much to do for the next few months!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

This morning the kids came over and DH called the little one over and gave her the movie, she was so happy and she was hugging and kissing HIM and ran over to show me what HE bought her and there he was, smug as anything, just sitting on the couch like he is the King of Making Us All Happy....but what could I do? The boy did just take me on a vacation...so I accidentally gave him the slice of toast that I dropped on the floor...hey 5 second rule was in place :lmao:

Okay...my stomach is now killing me because I am laughing so hard. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOO Todd...smug like when he gets those "impossible" dining ressies. But you are right...he did just take you to Disney. ;)
Love the toast...Markie (our youngest) would have done the same thing. :lmao::lmao:

You had your poor boyfriend over here in stitches when I read to him what you called Todd. He was laughing so hard that he hurt his neck because he moved the wrong way. But he said it was worth it...he hasn't laughed that hard in ages.

Happy Turkey Day and will look for the rest of your reviews when you get time.

So happy to entertain him from miles away! Did I make his neck pain better or worse? I could fly up there and make him laugh if it helps, oh wait, ya'll have snow or somethin' 'bout this time right? FORGET IT :lmao:

No problem, I really do enjoy your reviews!:thumbsup2 I've finally trained my DH to automatically not touch his food until I take a pic! He just smiles and puts up with it.

I've wondered if CL is worth the $. Truth be told, the Grand Floridian is our favorite place to stay. The Poly is nice too, I love the tropical amotsphere but we're GF fans! :cloud9:

Anyhow, have a Happy Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to the rest of your reviews. :goodvibes

Dont you love it when you finally break in your man? :rotfl: We have always wanted to stay at the GF and maybe one day we will but the rooms have to be on a fire sale for us to book it :rotfl2: They are pretty pricy but after hanging out there for a few days it is a lifestyle I could get used to :love:

That pot roast looks delish!!!! I can see why Todd loved it !!!

I think he liked it better than mine! :scared1:

Poor, poor Todd. :laughing:

Poor Todd? Poor Todd she says...POOR NICKI for having to put up with poor Todd...:lmao:

Hi Nicki!

I'm just catching up on the rest of your reviews. Glad you had a such a great trip. Looks like Citricos and San Angel Inn were both winners. I've always been on the fence about Citricos and there are so many other places I like that this one never makes the list. But your meal looked so good I think I've convinced myself that I need to add it in for my next trip. Now I just have to find somewhere to fit it in -- or find something I'm willing to give up to fit it in!

San Angel looked great too and I love Mexican -- I was there for lunch about a year ago and thought it was pretty good. But your food looked better than what I had -- I think the menu's changed since then. And now they have the margaritas from the Ditch! I think I had the same one as you did! Now I'm going to add in a lunch there for my next trip too!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do these reviews. I really enjoy them as well as hearing about your adventures! And all the holiday pictures are great too. One of these days I'll make it to WDW at the holidays. Food & Wine Festival always wins out for me, but I think next year I might have to make two trips :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Meanie the Missing Dwarf!!!! :lmao: Thank you Nicki for almost making me loose it! Hilarious!

What great reviews, once again... I sure do enjoy going along with you and Todd when you're in the World. We're heading down in a little over 2 weeks, staying at POFQ. I think I feel inspired to do my own dining review...a FIRST!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter