Live actors cut from ROL

We were there 9/11, got three same day FPP to toy story mania and A.S.S. was only a 20 minute wait all day. Much different than other new areas.

We were there the week of 9/12 to 9/19. I couldn't get a *** or Slinky Dog FP to save my life. Slinky Dog had waits of over an hour the entire week, and we waited for *** for 45 minutes.

We were there the week of 9/12 to 9/19. I couldn't get a *** or Slinky Dog FP to save my life. Slinky Dog had waits of over an hour the entire week, and we waited for *** for 45 minutes.

Just an FYI we’ve been using AS2 as an abbreviation for Alien Swirling Saucers that won’t get converted to “***” - unless that is what you were going for ;)

I don't think these CMs added much to the show, so I see this is a good trade off for whatever they're doing with the money instead (including bumping up my dividend).

I own a bunch of stocks that range from 3.5 to 4.8 percent yield. This stock only has a yield of 1.46 percent.

I don't think these CMs added much to the show, so I see this is a good trade off for whatever they're doing with the money instead (including bumping up my dividend).
the cuts are coming to pay for the pay increases and rivers of light was never intended to have live cast members. it was meant to be like illuminations.

the cuts are coming to pay for the pay increases and rivers of light was never intended to have live cast members. it was meant to be like illuminations.
Are you sure of that? I believe when Rivers of Light was being developed it was highly rumored that cirque du soleil would have a influence.

Does this include the CMs that walk the seating areas as a warm up? I think they really set the stage - that will be terrible.

My immediate family has mixed feelings about ROL, but my parents (70) and my sister (40) / husband (53) absolutely loved it.

Does this include the CMs that walk the seating areas as a warm up? I think they really set the stage - that will be terrible.

My immediate family has mixed feelings about ROL, but my parents (70) and my sister (40) / husband (53) absolutely loved it.
Yes those CMs are the ones that go onto the boats.

Hopefully they cut the entire show next. The show makes no sense in my opinion. Random blurry video screens on water, random boats and some flowers that squirt water. Seriously they spent years developing this show! For my money try harder Disney.

Here’s the thing. My broadcast engineer husband literally was in tears over this show because he was so excited over what they are doing because it is groundbreaking. Lay people may just think it’s lame but really it’s an amazing show. It just must not translate well. Not sure what the answer is but “trying harder to get my money” isn’t really getting the point imo.

Hopefully they cut the entire show next. The show makes no sense in my opinion. Random blurry video screens on water, random boats and some flowers that squirt water. Seriously they spent years developing this show! For my money try harder Disney.

Here’s the thing. My broadcast engineer husband literally was in tears over this show because he was so excited over what they are doing because it is groundbreaking. Lay people may just think it’s lame but really it’s an amazing show. It just must not translate well. Not sure what the answer is but “trying harder to get my money” isn’t really getting the point imo.

I was impressed with the technology- and the music was nice- but the show, to me, is boring. I don’t like Illuminations either though. I am fine with a no ip show, and I think AK and Epcot should have non-ip shows. But an intersting story can still be told without ip. I didn’t see any story in Rivers, just lighted floats moving in coordination with each other. That being said, cutting the live actors just makes it even more boring, in my opinion.

I was thinking something similar when I saw on Facebook a video Disney put out with some giant domino display in a large arena type space and had customized things and was just huge - and was used to promote Toy Story Land

And while it was neat my first thought was “this is a better use of $ than paying the actors in Rivers of Light?”
I can guarantee you that the domino budget isn't affecting the Rivers of Light budget. Those two things have nothing to do with one another.

I can guarantee you that the domino budget isn't affecting the Rivers of Light budget. Those two things have nothing to do with one another.

Oh, I know - in an entity as large as Disney the budgets of one area won’t be tied directly to another

Doesn’t make it less frustrating in the moment though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!