Lisacope's 6/26/2008 DFTW VR PJ - Started TR, some pix

The shoes you chose are so pretty and elegant.... I love the pictures of the patio too. Hope you have a great ps....looking forward to reading more of your plans!

I know that my family is coming and many of our dearest friends will be making the journey. Many of the invites I am sending out are mostly just symbolic...

Lisacope, it sounds like the most important folks will be there. Excellent. And if a few others surprise you, it will be icing on the cake. Hang in there (and I hope the head-count stress ends soon!).

Is the Gasparilla Grill right next to the Marina Patio? If privacy barriers are a good idea then let me know and I will ask for them!

Yes, Gasparilla Grill is right there -- if I can find any decent photos that show the proximity, I'll let you know.

I would definitely look into having temporary privacy barriers erected. I've seen photos of other brides who have done this in the past, for example, when their ceremonies were held in the location right there in front of Gasparilla Grill (the location in your photos). The barriers really helped.

When I used them for one of my get-togethers in another outdoor location, I was charged by the foot. Tall shrubbery was used and it was brought over from the Magic Kingdom. I was glad that I paid for this extra touch as it really did help keep things a little more intimate.

I'm on my way out the door to get my daughter from basketball practice, but hopefully this photo will do for now:

2134260919_71ef3893b6.jpg

The building that is shown in the bottom, left-hand corner of the photo is the portion of the resort's main building where Gasparilla Grill and the Mouseketeer Clubhouse are located. You should be able to make out the marina patio area that was shown in your photos (three umbrella tables are seen sitting there along the marina's border).

Hope this helped.

My mom called me today to add someone to our guest list and I swung from "Nobody's coming to my VR!!!" to "Too many people are coming to my VR!!!"

Lisacope, it sounds like the most important folks will be there. Excellent. And if a few others surprise you, it will be icing on the cake. Hang in there (and I hope the head-count stress ends soon!).

Yes, Gasparilla Grill is right there -- if I can find any decent photos that show the proximity, I'll let you know.

I would definitely look into having temporary privacy barriers erected. I've seen photos of other brides who have done this in the past, for example, when their ceremonies were held in the location right there in front of Gasparilla Grill (the location in your photos). The barriers really helped.

When I used them for one of my get-togethers in another outdoor location, I was charged by the foot. Tall shrubbery was used and it was brought over from the Magic Kingdom. I was glad that I paid for this extra touch as it really did help keep things a little more intimate.

Thanks Janet - I have added "Ask for privacy barriers" to my notes about the dessert party.

CAtching up! Shoes are beautiful! Love the pictures of your sites- so pretty! btw, I asked about privacy screen (plants) for our dp-its at italy west at epcot, I believe the quote was $2500! fyi, hth! (I was a little shocked)- no privacy here! Everyones invited :laughing:

CAtching up! Shoes are beautiful! Love the pictures of your sites- so pretty! btw, I asked about privacy screen (plants) for our dp-its at italy west at epcot, I believe the quote was $2500! fyi, hth! (I was a little shocked)- no privacy here! Everyones invited :laughing:

gaak! Janet - do you remember how much you paid for a privacy screen?

gaak! Janet - do you remember how much you paid for a privacy screen?

No, I don't. I simply remember it being a "per foot" charge. Tall shrubbery/plants had to be brought over from the Magic Kingdom. The price added up, but it was something that I was willing to live with. The "cost of doing business," so to speak.

During your planning session, this should be an easy question for the FTW folks to answer. It will be one more piece of information for you to have when it comes time to plan your event. If you decide that a privacy barrier isn't needed, great. But if you decide that it is needed, and if you can live with its cost, more power to you. ;)

Edited to swap out a prior photo.

2261788170_f2d3203f18_o.jpg

In the background of this photo, you can see backside of the Main Building of the Grand Floridian Resort (the building on the left). Only a portion of Gasparilla Grill is shown -- the portion that is closest to the Mouseketeer Clubhouse (seen on the right-hand side of that building). But if you were standing in the area of the marina where I believe your party will be held, you could see all of Gasparilla Grill.

There are normally four umbrella tables set up in the area that borders the marina. You can see this in the photo. There are even more umbrella tables set up directly in front of the Gasparilla Grill (seen in the background of this photo), and obviously those tables get more use due to their proximity to the grill. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Grand Floridian, but resort guests sit at those outdoor tables when they're eating, drinking, smoking, and/or relaxing. Please remember that Gasparilla Grill is open 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. The outdoor tables are often in use even at the oddest hours of the day/night.

Hopefully, this photo will give you a sense of how wide open that area is and perhaps it will help you understand why I asked if you were considering privacy barriers.

We got my daughter's dress in the mail today. I bought it at David's Bridal. I have inserted some pix but the camera made her complexion a weird color! Honest she is healthy and isn't really green! Here it is:

DSC01481.jpg

DSC01483.jpg

Honest she is healthy and isn't really green! Here it is:

DSC01481.jpg

DSC01483.jpg

LOVE the dress dd is wearing!!! Glad she isn't really green :goodvibes

I so wish I could have others with us to enjoy our VR in September, it just seems like so much more fun than planning for just us two. :confused:

My husband has finally had his friend tell us that he and his family will be coming to our VR and will be our BM! This was a relief to me, for awhile there it looked like there wouldn't be one!

And I was actually positively surprised by how close it was to what I had guesstimated. ! I think the original proposed budget was very close to what our BEO is and I also have gotten alot of info off this board! My DH and I will go over it line by line tonight and I am sure I will be emailing my WP with questions tomorrow.

Just catching up... everything looks great! I'm really glad your BEO was close to budget. I think these boards definitely helped out with knowing what to expect!

Just catching up... everything looks great! I'm really glad your BEO was close to budget. I think these boards definitely helped out with knowing what to expect!

Thanks! I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I opened it because I was so worried that a few things we added were going to be super expense and they weren't!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter