Like...They are Going with STRANGERS?!?! Sayonara Part 1- Join Us on the new thread!

What would you do with the $350??

• Upgrade our resort

• Spend it on 2 signature dinners

• Get park hoppers and 1 signature dinner

• See Cirque du Soleil

• Rent a car

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DOH! :rolleyes1

I had one of those in reverse. Where the doctor-OBGYN said she was moving to Japan (we were in the Airforce at the time, so this was a military doctor)and said...."I can't wait to be out of here and not have to do clinics with pregnant women anymore!" <crickets> Mind you I was there because of clinics at the moment. She also was as skinny as a pencil and would give me a hard time about being thirty pounds over weight when starting out in my pregnancy. Never mind the fact that I had just lost 60 before getting preggers. :sad2: I could go on and on about the horrible things she said to me, but I won't bore y'all. God made up for it by giving me an amazing doctor (who loved what he did) to deliver Mackenzie. :love:

Ugh. 2nd OB (we moved while I was pg) with Eric put me on a DIET!

Back in the whole no carbs only protein craze that was going on. Didn't lose an ounce. Didn't slow down the gain either! Which was considerable. Both times. :rotfl:

Liesa, that food looks YUMMY!

I'm ambivalent about Miso soup. I always eat it when offered but don't really care much either way about it. However it is warm and cozy, which I like and I do like the flavor, I think it's the texture the paste gives it that makes me kind of meh about it.

I don't think I like the sound of Miso!!!! But then most people don't like MARMITE !! and even more have no clue what it is !! :lmao:t is an Yeast extract spread that my family calls TARmite !!!!:rotfl2:

:lmao: Me too! Her family would never have approved of an American husband. They did not know about him.

:scared1::scared1::scared1: How could a mom and dad not know about a boyfriend??!! Maybe I"m naive, or we have a super close family, but I told my mom everything, and usually she knew LOOOOONG before I spilled the beans anyway! :lmao:(That whole eyes in the back of the head thing)

Ugh. 2nd OB (we moved while I was pg) with Eric put me on a DIET!

Back in the whole no carbs only protein craze that was going on. Didn't lose an ounce. Didn't slow down the gain either! Which was considerable. Both times. :rotfl:

Liesa, that food looks YUMMY!

I'm ambivalent about Miso soup. I always eat it when offered but don't really care much either way about it. However it is warm and cozy, which I like and I do like the flavor, I think it's the texture the paste gives it that makes me kind of meh about it.

Mine were always nagging me the other way!! You're not gaining enough. Are you sure you're eating? Blah, blah, blah.... Wish I had that problem now!! :lmao::rotfl2:

Tha ginger pork was stupendous!! So yummy, and soooooooooo easy!! All we did was grate about 2- 2.5 inches of peeled ginger and put that with some slight diluted soy sauce. Marinate for about an hour, flash fry and voila!! Super fast nomminess.

The tofu chunks put it on the no-go list for a couple of my kids. They like it marinated and fried in sesame oil, but not in the soup. Ah well, can't win 'em all.

I don't think I like the sound of Miso!!!! But then most people don't like MARMITE !! and even more have no clue what it is !! :lmao:t is an Yeast extract spread that my family calls TARmite !!!!:rotfl2:

Is that like vegemite that the Aussies eat?

That's great that you were able to receive an ethnic Japanese cooking lesson. I've tried to arrange that for Judy a couple of times (except for Indian food), and neither one worked out. So she's done her best using cookbooks.

Aw Konichiwa! That reminds me of one of the little guy's toys that he had when he was a baby that sang 'Hello' in different languages.

That's great that you were able to receive an ethnic Japanese cooking lesson. I've tried to arrange that for Judy a couple of times (except for Indian food), and neither one worked out. So she's done her best using cookbooks.

My DH tried to do that too for my last year's Christmas present. We have a local here who moved back from China, and he thought it'd be fun to get some lessons from him, but it just never worked out. The thought was nice though, as he knows I love to cook. We have tons of Koreans here too, and I'd love a lesson from one of our friends, but unfortuntately, they've come pretty far from the authentic stuff you'd find in Korea. But I do love me some bulgogi!

Aw Konichiwa! That reminds me of one of the little guy's toys that he had when he was a baby that sang 'Hello' in different languages.

What a cool toy!! I love the stuff that is fun, but teaches something too. I know this will scream my age to you, but Sesame Street was my favorite! I had a secret crush on Bob! :love: Seriously, I think that's how I learned some Spanish.

What a fun (and educational) time you had!

I loved the frosty window pic...beautiful!

Kathy

Isn't that pretty?? Gives you an idea of 1) how bad our windows are, and 2) how cold it is outside!

Japanese food, how delightful! Suffice to say I've never actually tried to make it myself. You're miso soup turned out pretty good. Looks super yummy. Why was I not invited?!!? :snooty::p

I wonder wonder what you're new thread will be called. Please keep me posted when the new one opens up!

Sesame Street was my favorite! I had a secret crush on Bob! :love: Seriously, I think that's how I learned some Spanish.

Are you airing out all your dirty laundry before the switch over to Strangers II?

This one might of been best locked away!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

(joking of course;))

Japanese food, how delightful! Suffice to say I've never actually tried to make it myself. You're miso soup turned out pretty good. Looks super yummy. Why was I not invited?!!? :snooty::p

I wonder wonder what you're new thread will be called. Please keep me posted when the new one opens up!

Any of you are ALWAYS welcome here!! I can show you some really neat places AND you can try out the local specialty of fermented camel's milk!! :rolleyes1

Miso Soup....mmmmmmm.....so tasty. Figured I'd better give a final howdy if I intended it to make it on part one. (Esp since you add about 847 pages per day around here.) See you at your new place! If you need help loading the U-haul, I'm sure Jordan will be up a while.

:thumbsup2

As for me, myself and Bubba, we are going to bed Fred.

This thread is getting a wee bit tired, and now being de-commissioned--- mothballed---retired.

Please come on over and join the new antics and zaniness over:

HERE!!!!

Miso Soup....mmmmmmm.....so tasty. Figured I'd better give a final howdy if I intended it to make it on part one. (Esp since you add about 847 pages per day around here.) See you at your new place! If you need help loading the U-haul, I'm sure Jordan will be up a while.

:thumbsup2

As for me, myself and Bubba, we are going to bed Fred.

My U-Haul is loaded and ready. We're off! Where to I have very little idea! These PTRs tend to plot their own course, and the driver sometimes had little or no control of the ummm.... shall we say, pit stops along the way!! :lmao:

See you over on the other side!! ;)

i'm joining in! I haven't read everything...so let me get back to catching up!!

*keala*

Hi keala! Welcome!! I"m so glad you found us and are enjoying all the crazy antics over here.

There is a lot of good background stuff here, and you might want to read it, but just a head's up...

Since the thread reached 250 pages we had to start another thread to continue on. We more than LOVE for you to pick it up with us again

HERE!! Just click, and it will take it right to the new and even funkier stuff.

It's great cuz you can join in early on and not feel so lost or behind. :yay:
Talk to you soon!

Thanks for the compliment! I found these boards since I'm the "planner" in the family and in reading all of your TRs and PTRs have gotten drawn-into your lives a little bit. But then, if you're reading this, you already know what I'm talking about! I do feel a little weird when I tell my wife about the going's on in Blankastan and SoCal and Utah and the Pacific Northwest and Canada and Mexico and Alamenia (ha! I remembered, if Magdalene ever reads this since I accidentally left her out earlier this week) and all the rest. But she's never even so much as rolled her eyes at my growing obsession here. No, I take that back...she understood a trip report, but couldn't fathom why anyone would write a pre-trip report. Anyway, I hope that some day she'll come on here. I know she'd like it, and I've suggested a few TRs that she should read.

How sweet of you to include me in this post before I even was posting on Liesa's PTR in order to make up for excluding me in another post!! :yay:

I am in the process of catching up and as you can see I am already at page 220 (or so) of the first part! I am looking forward to finally finding my own first post! But I had to take advantage of this thread not being closed and reply - half a year late! :lmao:

How sweet of you to include me in this post before I even was posting on Liesa's PTR in order to make up for excluding me in another post!! :yay:

How funny that you ran across this! I probably didn't know at the time that you hadn't subscribed to this thread.

I am in the process of catching up and as you can see I am already at page 220 (or so) of the first part! I am looking forward to finally finding my own first post! But I had to take advantage of this thread not being closed and reply - half a year late! :lmao:

How funny that you ran across this! I probably didn't know at the time that you hadn't subscribed to this thread.

This cracked me up!! I never expected this baby to be resurected! Just think what we could do with 2 whole pages!!! :lmao::scared1::lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter