• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lightsaber & Droid: Take on DCL or No?

shburks

DIS Veteran
The plan is to visit HS just before boarding the Fantasy in May where we plan to build the lightsabers at Savi's Workshop and a droid at Droid Depot. I'm read somewhere that neither of these will be allowed on the ship. Is that correct?

I did a search because surely I'm not the first person to ask this, but I can't find any information! Thanks for any assistance.

Store-bought collapsible lightsabers may be brought onboard. Guests will not be allowed to bring homemade lightsabers onboard.
Lightsabers built at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge are not collapsible and, therefore, may not be brought onboard.

After building both devices you can arrange to have them shipped home. If you do a quick search of the forum you will find pricing. This has been previously discussed when SWGE opened.

Store-bought collapsible lightsabers may be brought onboard. Guests will not be allowed to bring homemade lightsabers onboard.
Lightsabers built at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge are not collapsible and, therefore, may not be brought onboard.
Thank you! That's what I thought but couldn't find that info anywhere.

After building both devices you can arrange to have them shipped home. If you do a quick search of the forum you will find pricing. This has been previously discussed when SWGE opened.

I'm doing a search using all kinds of search terms and not finding it. Could you help? ETA: I think I finally found a post. $48 to ship both?

Thank you! That's what I thought but couldn't find that info anywhere.

I'm doing a search using all kinds of search terms and not finding it. Could you help? ETA: I think I finally found a post. $48 to ship both?
Yes that’s the one. I believe that was for 4 items. There is another posting about shipping just a droid for $13

Looking at the official Disney cruise line prohibited item list, they make an exception for "Store-bought Light sabers"--it doesn't say anything about collapsable or not.

That's disappointing! lol. I despise the collapsible lightsabers. I guess I won't worry about building lightsabers at Galaxy's Edge before our SWDAS...

We were just on a SWDAS cruise in January and several people had lightsabers built at Savi’s onboard and were able to carry them around.

I was able to personally bring the lightsaber I built at Savi’s onboard a cruise we did this past January, so you should be fine 😊

They will take the droids from you and you will have to pick them up upon disembarkation day. Not sure about lightsaber.

Do you know where to pick up the droids on disembarkation day? I already have one, and my son will be building one. We will be doing 2 more days at DHS after the cruise, so we want our droids with us. I have never had to pick up anything confiscated or alcohol purchases on DCL. Thanks

Do you know where to pick up the droids on disembarkation day? I already have one, and my son will be building one. We will be doing 2 more days at DHS after the cruise, so we want our droids with us. I have never had to pick up anything confiscated or alcohol purchases on DCL. Thanks
It depends where they take it. Chances are the pick up location will be after you go through customs. There are tables in the exit/terminal entrance lobby on the ground floor. I had a small pock knife. Blade less than 1.5" inches. They took it from my luggage on board. I collected it off the ship at the table mentioned previously. I suspect your droid will be there waiting for you too. There have been people who have taken the remote control parts out and sailed with just the shell. Cute pictures on castaway cay etc. But that's up to you.

It depends where they take it. Chances are the pick up location will be after you go through customs. There are tables in the exit/terminal entrance lobby on the ground floor. I had a small pock knife. Blade less than 1.5" inches. They took it from my luggage on board. I collected it off the ship at the table mentioned previously. I suspect your droid will be there waiting for you too. There have been people who have taken the remote control parts out and sailed with just the shell. Cute pictures on castaway cay etc. But that's up to you.

They confiscated your Swiss Army-like knife? Hmm, I brought mine in 2017. I like to have the corkscrew. I guess I could bring my tiniest one. Even the itty bitty scissors are really useful. Thanks for the droid info.

They confiscated your Swiss Army-like knife? Hmm, I brought mine in 2017. I like to have the corkscrew. I guess I could bring my tiniest one. Even the itty bitty scissors are really useful. Thanks for the droid info.
Yes they did. It was in my checked luggage. It was like the 5 function one. Has a flathead/file. Small blade, scissors.

You can still bring a corkscrew at least if you have one already. Also, your stateroom host can provide you one if you ask.

Yes they did. It was in my checked luggage. It was like the 5 function one. Has a flathead/file. Small blade, scissors.

You can still bring a corkscrew at least if you have one already. Also, your stateroom host can provide you one if you ask.

Bummer. That sounds like my Swiss Army knife. I have an even smaller one and a separate corkscrew. Thanks

My DD built a lightsaber on our cruise and she was able to bring it on board. My other DD built a droid and she had to surrender it before she boarded. DCL had a table manned by a CM that took your droid and gave you paperwork to fill out with your name and stateroom. Make sure you check your droid when you pick it up because there were some individuals that did not take the right droid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter