Lightning Lane and rider switch question

daf

Mouseketeer
We are a couple visiting with two kids. I'm looking at rides like Slinky dog which pregnant women can't ride, and have only two seats per row.
My husband would have to take both kids with him, but none of them would want to sit alone.

1. Can two kids sit on their own, and their dad a row behind them? They're 5 and 10 years old. Even if that's allowed, I'm not sure they'd be willing to sit without him in the row.
2. Rider Switch - Is it just meant for kids, or also for these kind of situations? That way one of the kids stays with me and the other rides with their dad, and then he will take the other kid.
3. If we don't do the rider switch, can we just schedule lightning lane for that ride for all four of us, and my husband would just use mine after he rides with one of the kids?

What's the best option here?
Thanks!

We are a couple visiting with two kids. I'm looking at rides like Slinky dog which pregnant women can't ride, and have only two seats per row.
My husband would have to take both kids with him, but none of them would want to sit alone.

1. Can two kids sit on their own, and their dad a row behind them? They're 5 and 10 years old. Even if that's allowed, I'm not sure they'd be willing to sit without him in the row.
2. Rider Switch - Is it just meant for kids, or also for these kind of situations? That way one of the kids stays with me and the other rides with their dad, and then he will take the other kid.
3. If we don't do the rider switch, can we just schedule lightning lane for that ride for all four of us, and my husband would just use mine after he rides with one of the kids?

What's the best option here?
Thanks!
Option 3 is the easiest. Just have dad and kid one use their LL and then dad uses your LL to go with kid 2.

The 5 and 10 year old cannot sit together. You must be 7 or older to sit without an adult (someone 14 or older).

Reactions: daf
Option 3 is the easiest. Just have dad and kid one use their LL and then dad uses your LL to go with kid 2.

The 5 and 10 year old cannot sit together. You must be 7 or older to sit without an adult (someone 14 or older).
I think the 5 and 10 year old could ride together in front of the dad on slinky because is considered 1 ride vehicle. My sister just went and her 5 and 7 year old were able to ride in front of her on many “train” like rides.

I think the 5 and 10 year old could ride together in front of the dad on slinky because is considered 1 ride vehicle. My sister just went and her 5 and 7 year old were able to ride in front of her on many “train” like rides.
In my experience that depends on the cast member as well as the vehicle type. I had mixed experiences on Barnstormer-- sometimes kids had to be 7 to have their own row and sometimes behind was okay. Same on MFSR. Some cast members let me sit behind my youngest and some said I had to sit next to her (which actually puts me farther from her and would make it harder for me to assist her). I can't recall trying this on SD, but they do always ask my kids ages when sitting without me even if I'm behind them.
So in OPs case I would still say 3 is the best option. No one has to ride alone and her kids would be more comfortable with it anyway.

Correct...the 5 and 10 yr old should be able to ride together in front of dad.

2. Rider Switch - Is it just meant for kids, or also for these kind of situations?
To answer this part of the question — no, Rider Swap is for a too-short child who won’t be riding; it allows the adults to switch who waits with the short child. If a rider is tall enough to enter the queue they may allow a swap at/near loading or may require the non-rider to use the “chicken exit.”

As to whether both kids can sit together in front of dad — that may very depend on the attraction and the CM.

Option 3 is the one you may have the most ability to control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter