Light Sleeper Tips

where are you staying? you could request a room at then end of a hall and on a higher floor... noise machines are helpful in our family or a noise machine app on your phone... ear plugs if you can handle them.

Good luck!

Ear plugs!! I've never used them on vacation before, but I did this time. It was a game changer for me, and I slept all night long every night. The only time that has ever happened for me was when I went solo!! We also use a white noise app on my phone, b/c DH and the kids need the noise to sleep.

Sound machine or small fan.
I got a stroller fan that you can also set on a table top and it uses a USB a couple trips ago and we have slept much better.

where are you staying? you could request a room at then end of a hall and on a higher floor... noise machines are helpful in our family or a noise machine app on your phone... ear plugs if you can handle them.

Good luck!
Split stay Poly and AKL Jambo Studio. Both standard views. Thanks so much!

Normally, I am a terrible sleeper at hotels. Even if the bed is comfy, I don't sleep well. Also, I really hate double beds and try to avoid them at all costs. We just stayed at AS Sports and I never gave the double beds a thought. For some strange reason, I sleep like a baby at WDW. Maybe because I am so dawg tired from all that walking and so few hours of sleep, haha. Maybe it's just my happy place.

Split stay Poly and AKL Jambo Studio. Both standard views. Thanks so much!

Specifically for the Poly, try to get a room in a building on the opposite side of the resort from the TTC. The closer you are to it, the more likely the horn from the ferry to MK will wake you up early or keep you up late.

Specifically for the Poly, try to get a room in a building on the opposite side of the resort from the TTC. The closer you are to it, the more likely the horn from the ferry to MK will wake you up early or keep you up late.
Thank you! I requested Fiji facing the GF. I read the Luau can be a little noisy until 10:00 but we won’t be going to bed until then anyway now that we have teenagers. It looks like a really nice view, so I’m a little afraid it’s in high demand, but I know it’s just a request. Maybe I should just request “Quiet”.

We always take a small fan. I actually had it ON the bed next to my head which drowned out everything including my husband's horrible snoring. LOL.

We stayed at AKL in a DVC studio in September - they assigned us a corner room at the end of a hall on the 5th floor. It was perfect. Very little foot traffic and away from the elevator and ice machines. We were on the Kudo trail, if I remember correctly.

Poly, higher floor away from the main area. ( Great Ceremonial house and pool ) Stay away from a water view as well because you'll get noise in the morning from the boat to the MK.

I’m a really light sleeper. My husband suggested ear plugs and for years I resisted. I finally tried them and can’t believe I waited so long. I don’t wake anymore from any little noise. It’s been a life changer for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter