Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

T+D for today's run was 120. Add that to the fact that I'm super tired and I was not in the mood to run today ... I think my 13:13 pace may have been a touch fast.

I'm kinda in the mood for a Venti latte, because a) I earned it, and b) #treatyoself, but ... I only get Venti when I have a free drink (which I do), and free drinks are a waste of double star day. (Also, I have a long day ahead of me, so the original plan was coffee from home in the morning and Starbucks for double stars in the afternoon to keep me going.)

Sigh. Coffee decisions are tough. Especially when you're super indecisive.

So, did you go with the Venti?

I'm still on the subway and I go to Starbucks near the office, so I haven't made an official decision yet, but ... I didn't make (/assemble since the cold brew's already made) coffee at home.

I totally feel you on the venti drinks. There is a Starbucks on my way to work that I used to stop at every morning. But then we decided to save money so I have been making my tea at work. Which is fine most of the time, until I feel deprived :rotfl2: So I now treat myself on Friday to whatever drink I want. Its been working.

I totally feel you on the venti drinks. There is a Starbucks on my way to work that I used to stop at every morning. But then we decided to save money so I have been making my tea at work. Which is fine most of the time, until I feel deprived :rotfl2: So I now treat myself on Friday to whatever drink I want. Its been working.

I like the once a week treat idea! (The feeling of deprivation ... not so much)

I think you should go crazy and get a venti (no reward) to earn double stars today! #enabler

Screenshot_20180515-094456_Starbucks.jpg

And yes, I paid the cash (and by "the cash" I mean the app). If not there would have been an extra shot.

I like the once a week treat idea! (The feeling of deprivation ... not so much)

View attachment 322744

And yes, I paid the cash (and by "the cash" I mean the app). If not there would have been an extra shot.

Yay! Great choice!

(In an odd turn of events, I am back to loving the cinnamon dolce iced. I used to think it only tasted good hot, but iced is my current go-to and I'm loving it.)

il_570xN.623005495_3frm.jpg

(In an odd turn of events, I am back to loving the cinnamon dolce iced. I used to think it only tasted good hot, but iced is my current go-to and I'm loving it.)

Interesting...
Lately I've been going more vanilla. But today I was in the mood for CDL.

I've never had a Starbucks drink from an actual Starbucks. I feel I may be missing out.

You might be. I definitely reccomend trying something from an actual Starbucks.
But that may just be because I'm a Starbucks addict in general.

I usually only get Venti's when I have a free drink too! But there are always exceptions. Good choice today!

Thanks!

I'm glad your drink was iced. I think I read in the original post about today's coffee that you were just looking for a venti latte and I was like "oh no, it's much too muggy for that." I felt much better about the whole thing when I saw it was iced.

I'm glad your drink was iced. I think I read in the original post about today's coffee that you were just looking for a venti latte and I was like "oh no, it's much too muggy for that." I felt much better about the whole thing when I saw it was iced.

Yeah, the iced was implied in my head. There was no way I was getting hot anything in this weather. Hellz no.

Let's play a fun game of "what would a normal person do and what would Sarah do?"

The situation:
A few weeks ago, I signed up for an event, a look inside another company's dev team, because I thought it would be interesting to see how other teams do things.
As I was leaving my building today, I ran into one of the coordinators of the coding program I attended, and he invited me to a blockchain/AI event at another company in my building.
It is raining.

What would Sarah do?
Your choices are ...
A) go to the event she originally signed up for - after all, she signed up for a reason
B) go to the event in her building, even though she's not as interested in the topic, and hope the rain let up before it was over.

So ... what would Sarah do? What would a normal person do? Are they the same thing? Answer below for a chance to win literally nothing.

Let's play a fun game of "what would a normal person do and what would Sarah do?"

The situation:
A few weeks ago, I signed up for an event, a look inside another company's dev team, because I thought it would be interesting to see how other teams do things.
As I was leaving my building today, I ran into one of the coordinators of the coding program I attended, and he invited me to a blockchain/AI event at another company in my building.
It is raining.

What would Sarah do?
Your choices are ...
A) go to the event she originally signed up for - after all, she signed up for a reason
B) go to the event in her building, even though she's not as interested in the topic, and hope the rain let up before it was over.

So ... what would Sarah do? What would a normal person do? Are they the same thing? Answer below for a chance to win literally nothing.

Blockchain, but because I'm fascinated by cryptography and cryptocurrency and all that stuff.

Blockchain, but because I'm fascinated by cryptography and cryptocurrency and all that stuff.

I'm actually the one person in the world who is not fascinated by that stuff. I prefer cold, hard ... credit card. (Plus, I work in ecommerce (ish ... we have brick and mortar stores that are our primary business, but I work on the ecommerce side), and we dont accept bitcoins on our site ... yet).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter