LHP Cabanas - beach

kathi

DIS Veteran
For anyone who was on the preview cruise or who is sailing this week, could you please report back on the status of chairs and umbrellas on the Cabana beaches? From videos and photos I've seen it doesn't look like there are chairs and umbrellas on the beach by the water at the adult cabanas and the family cabanas only seem to have chairs and umbrellas for the middle cabanas but not those on either end (see photo below). For how much they cost, I would expect chairs/umbrellas for each cabana like they have on Castaway. Also are there restrooms for the cabanas?

1717869530255.png

For anyone who was on the preview cruise or who is sailing this week, could you please report back on the status of chairs and umbrellas on the Cabana beaches? From videos and photos I've seen it doesn't look like there are chairs and umbrellas on the beach by the water at the adult cabanas and the family cabanas only seem to have chairs and umbrellas for the middle cabanas but not those on either end (see photo below). For how much they cost, I would expect chairs/umbrellas for each cabana like they have on Castaway. Also are there restrooms for the cabanas?

View attachment 866796
I follow DCL Duo on Instagram (not sure how to link) and they did a video tour of the family cabana and referenced the cabana area bathrooms, but I didn’t catch exactly where they were located.

Some of the cabanas are extremely close to the waterline, I wonder if there is actually space for the lounge chairs at high tide?

I follow DCL Duo on Instagram (not sure how to link) and they did a video tour of the family cabana and referenced the cabana area bathrooms, but I didn’t catch exactly where they were located.

Some of the cabanas are extremely close to the waterline, I wonder if there is actually space for the lounge chairs at high tide?
I wonder the same thing - I'll check out the video - thanks for the suggestion.
(We sail on Friday and have a high number family cabana.)

They can’t put chairs and umbrellas by the high number cabanas due to the rocks and the tides. The chairs and umbrellas are shared by all cabanas.
Thanks for the update. Doesn’t make sense to me that they put the family cabanas near an unswimmable beach (and far from everything else) and the adult cabanas closer to the center of the action and family friendly beach.

I wonder the same thing - I'll check out the video - thanks for the suggestion.
(We sail on Friday and have a high number family cabana.)
Interested to hear your perspective. Based on what we have seen neither the family nor the adult cabanas are very appealing.

Thanks for the update. Doesn’t make sense to me that they put the family cabanas near an unswimmable beach (and far from everything else) and the adult cabanas closer to the center of the action and family friendly beach.
It’s likely a numbers/market issue, they have a LOT more family cabanas presumably because of a larger market than adult cabanas…maybe there just wasn’t enough room where the adult cabanas are.

Interested to hear your perspective. Based on what we have seen neither the family nor the adult cabanas are very appealing.

Have you been to the cabanas at castaway cay? Admittedly these at LC have some different issues but the overall appeal seems to be the same, a bit of privacy in a nice setting to retreat to with great service thrown in. I’m looking forward to ours in September and comparing to past experiences.

There are rest rooms in the family cabana area. The umbrellas and chairs are located in the middle cabana areas and are available for use for anyone who has a cabana. Due to certain layout areas ie rockinesss they can't put the loungers or chairs near the higher up family cabanas.

I feel like someone mentioned in the other Lighthouse thread (or maybe it was a video review that I was watching) that there are no chairs or umbrellas at the adult-only cabanas.

This is super interesting. Is there a list of all of the number cabanas / where the grand cabana(s) is/are? Looking really for a detailed map so I know which # to request.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

New DISboards Posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest