Leverage: anyone considering SSR purchase:

Status
Not open for further replies.
lenshanem said:
TCPluto, according to your post dated 2/20/05, you haven't seen your daughter for four years. Given your sig and trip list, how many times have you even traveled with her using DVC? From the amount of DVC resorts you offer regularly on the rent/trade board I would estimate you mainly own DVC to rent, not personally use. I dunno, makes it all the more interesting to me. :confused3

Anybody heard of remarriage? A number of people have met TCPluto & family and can vouch for them. I hope an apology comes, and I hope this thread gets shut down.

Come on guys, were all DVC members here and the object isn't to try and win these discussions, its to see things from other points of views, give advice, etc.

I have to agree with your 2/26 post - it's all in the agreements; if you didn't agree to the conditions, you shouldn't have bought in. I have made five trips home to either BCV (my home resort) or OKW and VWL. I have not yet experienced a condition, attitude, view, room, etc. that I can get upset about. My wife has also never expressed much negativity except for an occasional comment about the "attitudes" of some DVC members - We're not "royalty"; we bought into a timeshare program. Maybe we ( my wife and I) are too "cool, calm, and collected" to know when we should be irate, but I hope we'll live longer because we appreciate what life has "thrown at us", and can put it all into perspective and "float downstream." (My, aren't I just full of cliches and truisms tonight!) I just can't stress about the "details." I am so fortunate to be able to go to WDW on a regular basis that I have to " count my blessings. Maybe it's because I teach in a public school, never expected to make enough $ to buy into timeshare, and have in my classes some students who will never be able to "experience the magic" that I am able to on a regular basis. Please reply to my rant - I just feel so fortunate to be able to afford DVC that I remind myself almost daily of other peoples' "reality". Back to my post title - I love the word "flippant." I don't use it much, but I remember the day when a language arts teacher used it in the faculty room, and remarked to myself "What a cool word!". Flame away or send messages of support, but this is just my worldview, opinion, or philosophy, (whatever). I'm just suggesting that we put our DVC problems into perspective. Done! Please reply - I'd love some feedback.

I'll reply. sssteele, I think you have a very positive attitude! I too, feel lucky about so many things. :flower:

Many people have gotten hurt feelings on this thread or have felt attacked by a poster. Perhaps it should close. That way at least it could end on a positive note (your post). :sunny:

SoCalKDG said:
Anybody heard of remarriage? A number of people have met TCPluto & family and can vouch for them. I hope an apology comes, and I hope this thread gets shut down.

Come on guys, were all DVC members here and the object isn't to try and win these discussions, its to see things from other points of views, give advice, etc.

I thought what I stumbled across today was odd. It doesn't seem to match up with any of TCPlutos's posts in this thread. If I'm wrong on my new observations, then I am sorry. I'm capable of apologizing if I'm wrong. It is possible he could have two daughters roughly around the same age I suppose. TCPlulto? And this thread was already ugly. pirate:

lenshanem said:
I thought what I stumbled across today was odd. It doesn't seem to match up with any of TCPlutos's posts in this thread. If I'm wrong on my new observations, then I am sorry. I'm capable of apologizing if I'm wrong. It is possible he could have two daughters roughly around the same age I suppose. TCPlulto? And this thread was already ugly. pirate:

Stumbled across??? You had to search out my posts... For god's sake get a life. I've got a cyber stalker now.

Is this the agree to disagree mentality? Stalking people and dredging up more stuff to argue about? Who refuses to let go?

AS SoCal accurately deduced, I was referring to my daughter from a previous marriage. While I commend SoCal for the deduction, I don't think it took alot of common sense to figure that out (no offense meant SoCal).

Lennny, why don't you just cut and paste every thread I've commented in. Don't forget the one where I helped the two families get reimbursement for a rental gone bad from a third party.

You are truly incredible, and I don't for a m inute mean that in a good way. But you have company...

You are truly an inconsiderate imbecile, and undoubtedly get what you deserve.

NMW said:
I am really surprised by this. :sad2: I believed the check in story with his 10 year old daughter was true.

The daughter in question is 16 now. Any more questions, please contact me via email of PM. My handicapped daughter is 10.

Thanks

Don

With all due respect to the parties hereto:

top3.gif

It takes more strenght for self-restraint, than it does to attack.

YIKES! That is an interesting picture. I look pretty good! :rotfl:

lenshanem said:
I thought what I stumbled across today was odd. It doesn't seem to match up with any of TCPlutos's posts in this thread. If I'm wrong on my new observations, then I am sorry. I'm capable of apologizing if I'm wrong. It is possible he could have two daughters roughly around the same age I suppose. TCPlulto?

I apologize for making the wrong assumption.

And you don't have to worry about me being a "cyber stalker". You are not one I really care to meet and I'm sure we can AGREE you probably feel the same way.

TCPluto said:
You are truly an inconsiderate imbecile, and undoubtedly get what you deserve.

Thanks! You're swell! :wave:

To all those who have PM'd and emailed, thank you. You're responses have been very kind.

Sorry DVCconvert, I'm feeling weak...

The insensitive, compassionless,self centered, rude, stalking few have identified themselves for who they really are. They are exactly the type of people we all could do without. Fortunately, while they are a loud and active group, their numbers are very small. While they should be ashamed, I doubt they are.

The internet BB communities breed a mob mentality, and I think these people readily join in. They refuse to debate the points and seek to attack the messenger, not the message. The entire dsicussion becomes who can pile on who more often and harder. Len stoops to new lows in this area.

While I had earlier said that I thought she may unintentionally have said things to hurt others (not knowing how the message would be received), I now firmly believe that her intent is to hurt others. She is truly a black hearted person, when you get right down to her core.

Unfurtunately for her, it will return. Hopefully her family won't get in its way. Karma can be tough that way.

Geez, I apologize and you still continue. You are a very angry person and I wish you peace.

lenshanem said:
Geez, I apologize and you still continue. You are a very angry person and I wish you peace.

Post #309:

Not the same as apologizing for being so blackhearted, mean spirited, and hurtful. But then again, how could someone sincerely apologize for being an inconsiderate, mean spirited stalker?

My whole intent in engaging in this thread was to raise awareness of how someones words, spoken at the front desk at check in or written on a bulletin board, can have a secondary and unintended negative message for someone within earshot. From the response I have gotten, I have done that. Thank you to all.

For the others, I guess you'll never get it. Len obviously won't The rest of us will just try to stay out of your way. Hoepfully, you'll never be around anyone different from you, then your world will be perfect. you're right, people like you do make me angry. Becasue my daughter, and every other person different from you, will likely have to cross your path (or somoeone like you) and inconvenience your world. And you do or say something to try and hurt them. You are a sad little person.

TCPluto said:
Post #309:

Not the same as apologizing for being so blackhearted, mean spirited, and hurtful. But then again, how could someone sincerely apologize for being an inconsiderate, mean spirited stalker?

Wow. I think you need a Valium. Hmmm. After reading this thread, I think *I* need a Valium.

For the record, saying, "I don't like handicapped-accessible rooms" is morally neutral, regardless of who is within hearing distance. It is the moral equivalent of saying, "I don't like vanilla ice cream."

Any emotional attributions ascribed to such a statement are solely the hearer's.

Deep-Thots said:
For the record, saying, "I don't like handicapped-accessible rooms" is morally neutral, regardless of who is within hearing distance. It is the moral equivalent of saying, "I don't like vanilla ice cream."

Any emotional attributions ascribed to such a statement are solely the hearer's.
Not really. Vanilla ice cream is created for all people, who then can choose whether to like it or not.

I think what happened here is that HA rooms were lumped with smoking rooms. Last time I checked, only one of these rooms could make you sick. Only one of these rooms affect you every minute your in the room. Get my drift.

Just as we shouldn't take offense with someone stating an opinion about a certain room, we shouldn't take offense with people that agree or disagree with you.

It seemed that it got to the point that each side was more interested in winning this debate or argument than anything else.

I'm going to lock this thread up......Oh wait, I'm not a moderator. :)

SoCalKDG said:
Not really. Vanilla ice cream is created for all people, who then can choose whether to like it or not.

From the standpoint of logic (as a discipline), they are the same. It is like saying, "I don't like drunk drivers."

Whether something was created with a specific population in mind has no bearing on this fact.

I think TCPluto is forgetting the way he treated me earlier in the thread regarding my daughter who has asthma and needs a nonsmoking so she isn't sick the whole trip.

Look, I made a mistake by posting what I found and making an assumption. I have apologized several times already. I even prayed about it earlier tonight. It was wrong.

Despite this AND a PM from TCPluto where we agreed to enough already I come back online to see him STILL attacking me. I think I might need to be the one who should be worried about a "stalker."

I'm a good person and I shouldn't have to defend my character on a message board such as this. I can apologize when I'm wrong, but it is obvious others can't and would rather continue to be ugly. I seriously worry about your intense anger.

For everyone's sanity TCPluto can we please agree to end this? If it makes you feel better you can get the last word in. Nothing you say can make this any worse, I hope.

TCPluto states: To all those who have PM'd and emailed, thank you. You're responses have been very kind.
For the record.....I think alot of us have been getting PM's on this subject also. I want to say "thanks" to those people for their caring and supportive words.

TCPluto states : The insensitive, compassionless,self centered, rude, stalking few have identified themselves for who they really are. They are exactly the type of people we all could do without. Fortunately, while they are a loud and active group, their numbers are very small. While they should be ashamed, I doubt they are.
Wow....you're quite judgemental to folks who simply have a different viewpoint from you. The terms you use to describe everyone who presented their own feelings/concerns about the topics discussed in this thread are extremely harsh and unfounded. I could have used the same descriptive words as you just did above except for one big difference. I have respect for eveyone's views and what everyone has to say and what everyone's experiences have been----even yours as I have stated in a couple posts. You seem to feel free to just openly put-down people who you didn't agree with here on the boards. That's mature :rolleyes:

For the others, I guess you'll never get it. Len obviously won't The rest of us will just try to stay out of your way. Hoepfully, you'll never be around anyone different from you
wow....this statement just amazes me ??? We all have trials and tribulations in our life we deal with. You don't know me anymore than I know you. To make assumptions as you have in your recent posts just goes to show that anyone who doesn't see things exactly as you do "don't get it" and are incompassionate which couldn't be further from the truth TC. There are several of us who have had varying viewpoints and experiences from you and for this we're worthy of your above comments !? You sling some VERY unfair statements around. But this is how judgemental folks can be :confused3 I've encountered them here on the boards as well as in my real life. Just have to learn to take such shallow comments for what they're worth.................... :sad2:

TCPluto said:
To all those who have PM'd and emailed, thank you. You're responses have been very kind.

Sorry DVCconvert, I'm feeling weak...

The insensitive, compassionless,self centered, rude, stalking few have identified themselves for who they really are. They are exactly the type of people we all could do without. Fortunately, while they are a loud and active group, their numbers are very small. While they should be ashamed, I doubt they are.

The internet BB communities breed a mob mentality, and I think these people readily join in. They refuse to debate the points and seek to attack the messenger, not the message. The entire dsicussion becomes who can pile on who more often and harder. Len stoops to new lows in this area.

While I had earlier said that I thought she may unintentionally have said things to hurt others (not knowing how the message would be received), I now firmly believe that her intent is to hurt others. She is truly a black hearted person, when you get right down to her core.

Unfurtunately for her, it will return. Hopefully her family won't get in its way. Karma can be tough that way.

I tried but forget it,

excuse me but YOU are the one who could not stick to the debate topic. YOU started all this off the topic garbage. I have begged you to debate the topic, give me some reasons on the pros and cons and YOU keep going back to personal issues.

The entire point once again is HA rooms and HA people are 2 totally different issues.

Like i said before, if I build or buy a house I am not going to do so with handiapped options because i dont need them. Its not that they are inferior its that they dont fit into my needs. Why put in a shower only when i need a tub, why build counter tops and stoves lower when i need them higher to keep kids safer etc etc

you want to debate the topic, then step back and take a look in the mirror, stop thinking everyone is against you and talk aboout the reservation guarentee system, not how people treat you when ou are out and about.

SoCalKDG said:

I think what happened here is that HA rooms were lumped with smoking rooms. Last time I checked, only one of these rooms could make you sick. Only one of these rooms affect you every minute your in the room. Get my drift.

Just as we shouldn't take offense with someone stating an opinion about a certain room, we shouldn't take offense with people that agree or disagree with you.

It seemed that it got to the point that each side was more interested in winning this debate or argument than anything else.

I'm going to lock this thread up......Oh wait, I'm not a moderator. :)

not intereted in winning anything, i have stated 100 times over I just wnt to talk about the issue. But someone thinks debating the opposite side of an issue than they do means you are personally attacking that person.

yet once again it isnt even remotely similar

but just for sake of debate, people do have health type issues associated with HA rooms( I believe one of the docs posted in another thread about not being able to use HA type beds due to a bad back, while not as serious as asthema attacks it could lead to problems and a lousy vacation.)

theres also safety issues wit these rooms as counters and stoves are lower. kids can get burned on stoves or get their hands into places they shouldnt be(like silverware drawers) of course dangers or kids are always present but these just enhance the possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter