Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

We are on the 05/09/15 cruise on Fantasy booked in VGT. The cruise was wide open for a very long time but within the last 2 weeks has pretty much sold out. Should I be worried that we will get a bad room because the cruise is sold out? Is that normal for the cruise to book up so quickly? There were hundreds of rooms left not even 2 weeks ago?

Also, my daughter has mild special needs that include a communication disorder. Is there a way to get this noted so that if the need should arise a staff member would know that she can't communicate danger, etc effectively?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy 05/09/2015

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 05D, Deck 6

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Was hoping for a larger family room, but i'm pleased.

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 53

Last edited:
#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy 05/09/2015

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 7A

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? bummed a litte, was hoping for an upgrade but super excited for a fun cruise just the same! Can't wait!

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? about 60

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 05D, Deck 6

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Was hoping for a larger family room, but i'm pleased.

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 53

Thank you for posting! Also booked a VGT so will def start checking- did it change when you log into your reservation or did you get an email notification or something along those lines?

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 7A

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? bummed a litte, was hoping for an upgrade but super excited for a fun cruise just the same! Can't wait!

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? about 60

Hi there,
Also waiting on a VGT- just wondering how you were notified? did you log on and see the change or receive an email notification?

Thank you for posting! Also booked a VGT so will def start checking- did it change when you log into your reservation or did you get an email notification or something along those lines?

I just logged in and checked my reservation, and there it was. No email or other notification.

Thanks :) I only booked 44 days out so will see if mine comes today also, or later this week. I'm guessing it was in the first section "Reservation Summary" ?

Tried again and there it is!

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- looks fine to me! We are very happy

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? about 44

Last edited:
Hi All!

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- Very Happy!

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? about 35

We are very happy!! Can't wait for the cruise!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT 5/20 Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 6A, 5150
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? unsure! bigger verandah/aft, negative reviews about engine noise.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? yes
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 41

Anyone else waiting to hear their room assignment for VGT on the May 30th sailing on the Fantasy?

Finally showed up tonight! Seems rather late to me but happy to know where we are staying. Do we just write our stateroom number on the tags that arrived? They are blank. Last year when we traveled VGT, we were assigned a room in time for it to be noted on our tags.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT 5/30 Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5c 7536
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"? Looks good to us. Near the elevators but we actually prefer that.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? na
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 7 weeks, 49 days

Finally showed up tonight! Seems rather late to me but happy to know where we are staying. Do we just write our stateroom number on the tags that arrived? They are blank. Last year when we traveled VGT, we were assigned a room in time for it to be noted on our tags.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT 5/30 Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5c 7536
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"? Looks good to us. Near the elevators but we actually prefer that.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? na
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 7 weeks, 49 days
Yes. You just right the number on your tags. Have a good trip.

1. IGT on the Magic
2. 14 Days
3. 9D Room 1040
4. I'm happy with it but I think some people might be disappointed with the deck/location in relation to the elevator. I mean I got an Ocean View Room so I can't really complain and the reviews look good
5. N/A
6. 70 Days maybe

1. VGT on Fantasy
2. 12 days
3. 5E 7190
4. LOVED!! Huge handicap cabin with huge aft balcony!! Only negative is the vibrations but worth it.
5.N/A
6. 40 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT 7A Navigator's Verandah Fantasy 08/15/2015

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 32

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 05a, 9022 + 9024

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy, connecting rooms and forward, which we prefer. Upgraded from Navigator's Verandah to full verandah.

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes, connecting!

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 38

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT 7A Navigator's Verandah Fantasy 08/15/2015

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 32

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 05a, 9022 + 9024

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy, connecting rooms and forward, which we prefer. Upgraded from Navigator's Verandah to full verandah.

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes, connecting!

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 38

Was this VGT or 7a GTY? I don't see any VGT rates for that cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter