• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's Try This Again! May/June '17 PTR

Roxyfire

Is butter a carb?
Hey DIS Friends! Now that I've changed my mind and reservations way too much, I figured it's a good time to start a Pre-Trip report. This is for the ticker that's in the signature, which was May 29th but of course I had to add on a day recently. So, now it's May 28th. Minor change.

Before I get going too far, I do have a trip report in progress. And I'm totally going to finish that so if you feel like it, take a look over there too. Or don't. I'm not your boss.

First things first: Current Plans!

Who: My son (Dylan) and I!

What: Walt Disney World (of course!) and Universal Studios Orlando (Can't forget Wizarding World!)

When: May 28th through June 5th

Where: Wilderness Lodge and Royal Pacific (for now)

Why: The most important question, "Because we want to!" And because of a dumb, rude Hurricane.

I'll be updating this every few days now that I have a lot more plans. Stay tuned!

How we got here

So, I'm not there in my current trip report but we had booked a Bounceback for June. I knew we wouldn't get to experience everything we wanted to try based on some refurbishments. But due to Hurricane Matthew, we lost a day and a half of our vacation. I don't blame them for closing the parks. They pretty much had to. The county had placed a curfew of 8 pm and they expected everyone to take shelter. We were very lucky it was not at all the conditions they predicted. But, it did cause us to miss a few things.

Things we missed:

Animal Kingdom:
  • Tree awakenings
  • Riding Everest at Night
  • Flights of Wonder
  • Dinosaur (Refurbishment)
  • Lion King show
  • Safari at dusk
  • Dinner @ Yak & Yeti (Park closed at 5 PM)
Epcot:
  • Illuminations
  • Most of the World Showcase
  • Pixar Film Festival
  • Living with the Land
  • Journey Into Imagination
  • Character Meets: Alice and Fiesta Donald
Hollywood Studios:
  • Fantasmic
  • Toy Story Midway Mania (totally forgot about this!)
  • Lunch @ Sci-Fi
  • Jedi Training Academy (Trials of the Temple)
  • Indiana Jones Stunt Show
  • Character Meets: Sorcerer Mickey, Olaf
Magic Kingdom:
  • Festival of Fantasy parade
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Its a Small World
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (Refurbishment)
So I know some of these are no big deal, like the treehouse. But they do look like something fun to experience at least once. So during the busier part of the days I'd like to try them out. Also I was surprised that my son really wanted to do some Character Meets so I will try to build more of those in this time. Plus without the Halloween parties, we can spend more evenings in the Magic Kingdom.

Oh, and Pandora is totally going to be a thing. I may have needed to change directions a few times based on the opening.

Last edited:

Not due to a hurricane but due to a really heavy rainstorm we also missed all the night stuff at AK on our fall trip, and in winter they weren't open as late so it's definitely part of the plan now that the prk is open late for ROL!

Not due to a hurricane but due to a really heavy rainstorm we also missed all the night stuff at AK on our fall trip, and in winter they weren't open as late so it's definitely part of the plan now that the prk is open late for ROL!

I'm definitely excited about this! I want to take my nice camera and capture as many shots as I can of the Tree Awakenings and Rivers of Light!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter