Leger Holidays

humbug83

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been to Disneyland Paris with Leger Holidays?

If so, I would like to know what you thought of Leger and what experiences you had (good or bad!)?

Thanks

Weve been on their coach holiday (3 and 4 day tour). It was ok but a very long journey. I believe it took about 5 hours from Calais to the Santa Fe where we stayed. The kids were a bit cramped on the coach (although Leger now do a silver service at certain times which has wider seats and a sort of lounge seating area at the back of the coach.)
We got off the coach in the tunnel as the pressure on our ears inside the coach and the heat was bad. Once into France we had one stop for something to eat (burgers!!) before resuming journey.
Personally I didnt like travelling by coach as it took until the evening to get to Disney (around 5.45 I believe) and having the River Seine/Paris trip tagged on meant less time in the parks. But the driver and his mate were very helpful and told many good stories about their trips. If you can only get to DLP via a coach I would say they are fine to go with - just take every opportunity to get out and stretch your legs!

humbug83 said:
Has anyone been to Disneyland Paris with Leger Holidays?

If so, I would like to know what you thought of Leger and what experiences you had (good or bad!)?

Thanks

I've been twice with Leger. The first one was great. We had polite, friendly drivers who really looked after us :flower: . I do agree that it was a VERY long journey although I quite enjoyed staring out of the window day dreaming!!!

Having been pleased the first time I booked again with them for my last trip and I doubt I will be going with them again. They messed up my holiday big time then wondered why I complained. First off they cancelled the booked holiday, offered another which I accepted on their assurance that nothing about the holiday was changed other than the departure date. They were extremely rude when I rang about it but I had so been looking forward to going that I wasn't inclined to cancel. Then when I collected the tickets I had the shock of my life in that they had shoved me on a Eurotunnel crossing which was exactly what I didn't want. It was the one question I'd asked when accepting their alternative holiday. They couldn't have been less pleasant or helpful if they'd tried.

Ironically on this last holiday the coach drivers were about as surly as the first pair were friendly. I felt we were treated more like children on a school trip than paying customers.

It was a real shame that Leger spoiled the holiday for me because once at the parks I had the best time ever.

I doubt I'll use them again.

We travelled with Leger back in '98... may have changed drastically since then(!) but when we went with them, we had no problems at all. However we didn't enjoy the Cityrama tour of Paris. It wasn't very well-organised and we spent most of the day stuck in a stuffy coach. Not much fun. We could've done with the extra day in the park to be honest!

But the driver was fantastic (his name was Derek and I remember that after seven years, so he must've been good!) and my sister fancied him. :rotfl: He was Scottish and just lovely. The trip was very long though (we were coming from up north so it took us about twelve hours I think... maybe longer) and I wouldn't do it again. But if you like coach trips, it may be ok!

We travelled with Leger for a New Years Trip back in 98/99. It was our first and probably only coach trip! This in part is due to us not being terribly social people and being stuck on a coach for many many hours with people you don't know can be claustrophobic!

Our first mistake was staying off site, for cost reasons. This was "at a nearby hotel" - actually well over an hours drive away from DLP. We knew better next time although now there are obviously so many other good options!

Another problem was that we joined the coach at Dover, our closest pick up point. It involved getting on the coach, going through checkin, getting off the coach, waiting in the cold, getting on another coach .... then getting off again to get on the ferry - all this at the terminal!! This fiasco was repeated on the way home only in a cold, bleak and miserable car park in the middle of nowhere whilst it raining and snowed on us.

Then there was the group decision thing. Coach driver asks "do you want to leave for the park at 8am tomorrow or have a lie in?" And can you believe what everyone voted for - after all that travel (and it was a long journey from Calais) - yep - they voted for a lie in!!!! So we had two days at the park but one started at lunchtime.

My aging inlaws have been on several coach trips including one organised by Leger. They too suffered the weird swapping coach thing in the middle of the trip and have decided not to use them again.

Sorry if that sounds a bit negative but its best to tell it how it is! It can't have been that bad as it got us hooked on Disney holidays - I can't wait til September when we go back - but it will be with Eurostar and cost accordingly!

I have not been myself but my work regularly organises trips with Leger and all the people I know that have been have been very pleased. To be honest, it's the idea of so many hours on the coach that puts me off - we live in Devon so it's a long way in a coach from here to DLP! I think it was 15 hours from what one of my friends told me but don't quote me on that.

I would not worry, you can see from the other posters many have had no problems :)

I enjoyed the coach-y part of the trip myself. The length of journey didn't really bother me that much. It was the ham fisted way they dealt with an upset and annoyed customer. I prefer going by coach coz I have a disability and travel on my own so I'm nervous about striking out independantly. .

My mum also went with Leger - not DLP - they had the swapping around at Dover that Kitty mentions but they had other problems when a replacement driver had to be found for some reason. He got lost coming home and then abandoned them in our city centre, loaded with stuff in the middle of the night. They weren't that impressed with him but decided he was just a one off.

Thing is I'm gaggin to go again but I'm at a loss to find another travel company that does local pick ups and does the sort of DLP trip I'm lookng for. A local company does DLP but they stay off site and I don't particularly want that

We booked with Leger last year but travelled on Eurostar and I was impressed with their efficiency.
I wouldn't contemplate travelling by coach, went to Spain on one once. Once was enough !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter