Leg room on Splash Mountain

BroganMc

It's not the age, it's the mileage
Does anyone know a source (picture or description) of the leg room for Splash Mountain in WDW? I looked on the photo gallery at AllEarsNet but they don't show Splash.

I have limited ability to bend my legs. I always figured Splash would be too uncomfortable for me (I do ride Pirates in the front row and have no problems). I just wanted to know a little more.

Thanks!
J;)

We have never ridden in the front seats of splash; I believe those might have more leg room, but I'm not sure. Those are the seats where you get most wet.
We have been in either the back row or the row right before the back. It is pretty tight for us to get DD in. She is 5 feet tall and has a lot of spasticity, so her legs don't bend well (but at least they are not too long). It is not very easy for us to get her in. Once you are in, the leg space is not bad, but the seats are placed quite close together and it is hard to get in if you can't bend.

Hopefully someone else can respond with a better answer.

SueM in MN said:
We have never ridden in the front seats of splash; I believe those might have more leg room, but I'm not sure. Those are the seats where you get most wet.
We have been in either the back row or the row right before the back. It is pretty tight for us to get DD in. She is 5 feet tall and has a lot of spasticity, so her legs don't bend well (but at least they are not too long). It is not very easy for us to get her in. Once you are in, the leg space is not bad, but the seats are placed quite close together and it is hard to get in if you can't bend.

Hopefully someone else can respond with a better answer.
Sue, how much trunk and neck control does your DD have? I have always worried about the drop with my 7 rd old DS, since he does not have good trunk and neck control, that he might be injured by the sudden vertical movement. I have not been on since before he was born, and would think that he would enjoy the theming and the music, but not the drop (tho he kinda likes getting a little wet). So now I am curious whether it might be a possibility after all.

pumpkinboy said:
Sue, how much trunk and neck control does your DD have? I have always worried about the drop with my 7 rd old DS, since he does not have good trunk and neck control, that he might be injured by the sudden vertical movement. I have not been on since before he was born, and would think that he would enjoy the theming and the music, but not the drop (tho he kinda likes getting a little wet). So now I am curious whether it might be a possibility after all.
Her tone varies, but she usually has pretty good trunk and neck control. Good enough to sit for short periods on a regular chair without any other support.
She has cerebral palsy, mostly spastic quad), but her tone varies from very hypertonic to hypotonic (sorry for those of you who don't understand "medical", but parents of kids with CP will know what I am talking about). She has more hypotonicity in her trunk, but her control is still pretty good. There are days when she is kind of limp rag doll and when she's like that, we don't go on anything that requires a transfer or good control.

One thing that might help on Splash Mountain is that you can tell before you are going on a drop. There are (I think) 2 shorter drops before the big one. Our main problem is that DD goes into an extention pattern when she is excited (which causes her to stand partly up in the seat unless we use our superhuman parent strength to hold her down). For somen with poor head control, you might have trouble keeping him from hitting his head on the seat in front of you as you are going down.
I guess I'd suggest sending some "test members" of your party on the ride to get a feel for whether it would work.

We have problems with the leg room in Splash. My husband and I(6'3" & 5'9") usually sit on seperate rows. We can sit together even though were both pooh sized, but it's a little tight. The biggest problem is leg room is little tight combined with the ride length. We both get very uncomfortable if we sit together, and we usually ride the rides sitting together without problems. Just remember if you can get the legs in you stay that way for 12 minutes.
As for the extension thing, I truely understand. I took my princess on a rollercoaster at the local park. The seat bar didn't go down to her lap, so when we started going down hills, she started extending. And this coast has SO much airtime, by the end she was at a 45 degree angle with the floor of the coaster. I was having a panic attack, holding onto her for dear life, and she was laughing her butt off :) She can ride a coaster if it comes down firmly enough to hold her at a 90 degree angle to the seat, otherwise she's airborne.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter