Leaving Tuesday - last minute questions

Jkpark

DIS Veteran
It has been 6+ years since I have been to Aulani. This trip we have one studio and one 2BR unit. Guests are 74, 46, 45, 35, 36, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6.

I know this has changed and I seem to read different reports depending on which resort - What comes in the studio versus 2BR. Mainly coffee maker, plates/cups/silverware/bowls versus plastic, toaster? I believe I will need regular basket filters for each? Wine/beer opener? Can opener?

Towels/trash service - we are staying 5 nights. What should we expect in terms of towel and trash service? Did I read this is different for a studio versus 2BR?

Should I bring sponge/dish soap? or are those still provided in all villas regardless of size? I'll bring laundry pods and dryer sheets from home.

Toiletries - has Aulani converted to the on the shower wall shampoo and conditioner? or little bottles? Trying to decide how much I might need to bring from home.

Are we allowed to bring a cooler/bag to the pool/beach with waters, snacks, sandwiches? I'm assuming no glass and no alcohol - any other restrictions?

Do they still rent kayaks or just paddleboards now? I found conflicting information on this.

Are most premium activities booked morning of? I have dining and luau and spa booked. Thinking more of premium kid activities?

Do they still have photopass where you can view them on your TV each night and buy them all on a USB at the end of the trip? Will they connect the two rooms for an add on price for this purpose similar to a cruise?

Anything else that you wish you had known before your recent trip? Appreciate any advice. My extended family is relying on me to be the expert and it has been a long time so I don't want to provide bad information.

Thanks!

Hi there! We (my family of 5) were at Aulani in June and had a 2 bedroom villa, my kids are adults, so I can't answer some of your questions, but I will do what I can:

The 2 BR has regular dishes, glasses, silverware and coffee maker. Bring some coffee filters from home! I believe they have a cork screw and they definitely have a can opener. Trash and towel service is on the fourth day, so even if you are leaving on the fifth day they will do a complete refresh of your towels, toiletries and trash removal on the fourth day, your check in day counts as day 1 so that is nice. We have a thermal lunch bags that we used as coolers for drinks and snacks. I honestly don't know if there is a rule against alcohol, we brought beers and sodas to the beach and made margaritas in the room and put them in our refillable drink mugs. The drinks at Aulani are VERY expensive and I thought they were watered down so we preferred to bring our own. I also brought one of those collapsable totes that can easily be packed in a suitcase but stand upright when open. That came in very handy, everyone just threw their beach toys, ear buds, hats, sunscreen, books, magazines, etc. in there and we always knew where everything was. I saw some people using their laundry baskets from their room, but I think this is a little more classy ;)
I did not see any kayaks for rent, they rent paddle boards, and the boogie boards are free. My daughter bought us a spa package and it was wonderful, she reserved it in advance, other than reserving a couple of dinners we didn't do any of the premium activities.
I don't know about the photo pass, we did not use it, but I'm sure someone else can answer that question, actually I think you can search photo pass Aulani on this board and you will find an answer!
We had a wonderful time and I daydream daily about being back there, no matter what, you and your family will have a glorious time as well. Aloha!

PP covered just about everything...studio has paper plates, etc., same coffee maker, and a toaster, small fridge, microwave.They still have photo pass on tv...not sure about usb...we got a cd. Can’t address kids activities, as our kids are grown. Have fun!

Thanks everyone - this is exactly what I needed. Now I'm off to make my packing and grocery list :)

If you need other kitchen items in the studio you just call the front desk and they will bring it up for you. Examples include a sharp knife and cutting board for pineapple. Can't cut that with a plastic butter knife

If you need other kitchen items in the studio you just call the front desk and they will bring it up for you. Examples include a sharp knife and cutting board for pineapple. Can't cut that with a plastic butter knife
Ok - that is good to know. Was thinking I would have to bring a knife to cut a pineapple and other fruit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter