*Leaving for Half Marathon from Monorail Resort

DisneyaHolic23

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the Grand Floridian. I am confused about how the morning of the half marathon works... What time do we HAVE to be on the monorail to get to Epcot on time? Does the arrival time at Epcot affect placement in the corrals? (I am so worried about getting swept, I want to try to get close to the front of my corral - is there a strategy for doing so?!)

Thanks for any advice.:cool1:

Since you are on the monorail you can leave just a little later than the the rest of us. I am assuming that you get on the first train at both the GF and TTC, your commute would approximate 35-45 minutes. You could afford to get on the monorail as late as 4-4:15 and still get to the Epcot Parking lot with plenty of time. I also assume you are in wave C which would really give you an additional 25 or so minutes if you really wanted them Saying that I would want to experience as much of the event as I could. So 4 am on the monorail and have fun until time to go. As far as placement in the Wve, it all depnds on when you get in line. Obviously, the earlier you hit the start area, the more likely you are to be closer to the front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter