Leaving belongings in each basket

Bashful2

Mouseketeer
DH will be using an ecv for our trip in April so this forum has been a great source of information. I do have one question, though, that may be a little silly. I know you can't use a lock on the ecv, but can you lock up personal belongings in the basket? if course, I would never leave anything of great value, but also don't want small things like my refillable popcorn bucket stolen.

DH will be using an ecv for our trip in April so this forum has been a great source of information. I do have one question, though, that may be a little silly. I know you can't use a lock on the ecv, but can you lock up personal belongings in the basket? if course, I would never leave anything of great value, but also don't want small things like my refillable popcorn bucket stolen.
something to remember certain animals will steal stuff out of baskets be it stroller or ECV and as you said nothing of value. if it looks like rain or possible rain cover the tiller when leaving and on sunny days fold the seat back down to shade where you sit. you can take the ECV thru most lines and it will be where you unload from the ride which helps with weather issues most times

General rule of thumb — don’t leave anything that you don’t want to lose. If you really don’t want to lose the popcorn bucket, put it in a backpack or tote bag and carry it onto rides with you. If it would just be a disappointment but not a big loss, you can take the risk and leave things behind. And as PP said, the squirrels can be very ingenious at accessing food left behind.

Enjoy your vacation!

I had the same question before I went to WDW last March since I was using a ECV for the first time. I found that I left my refillable cup in the basket and I never had any problems. I agree with the post above, I wouldn't leave anything of value in the basket. I took my fanny pack with me on the rides and my sweater if I had taken it off. I hope you have a great trip.

We've left diaper bags on stroller with kid's clothes, sippy cups and blankets. Never had anything stolen in the 10 years we've been going. i do carry a sling bag for wallet, camera, phone sunglasses, things you don't want to get stolen.

Make sure, though, that you pick up the right scooter!! I had my scooter mistakenly taken by a person who thought it was theirs. We finally tracked it down, with the scooter company's help, and the person returned to the site we had left it (and where their scooter was at, waiting for them!). It took about two hours out of our day!

Make sure, though, that you pick up the right scooter!! I had my scooter mistakenly taken by a person who thought it was theirs. We finally tracked it down, with the scooter company's help, and the person returned to the site we had left it (and where their scooter was at, waiting for them!). It took about two hours out of our day!

This is why I personally recommend tying a length of brightly colored/patterned grosgrain ribbon to your rental ECV, or inexpensive colorful cotton bandanas (available at Walmart and Hobby Lobby for $1 each!)

Having something unique and colorful tied to your rental scooter will help it stand out in a sea of similar scooters - and hopefully help prevents the very problem that you experienced!

Most folks won't sit down on a scooter with a bright green plaid ribbon tied to it, unless they put it there themselves! :upsidedow

if it looks like rain or possible rain cover the tiller when leaving and on sunny days fold the seat back down to shade where you sit.
And even if it doesn't look like rain if you're going indoors for a period of time, and your ECV is outdoors. We went in to Tusker House once when it was sunny out. Little did we notice that there was a shower while we were in there (blame it on the combination of being doting grandparents and Disney characters), and I came out to a soaking wet seat on my ECV. Thankfully it still ran!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter