"Least" crowded week day to visit park

Gatordude

Earning My Ears
As the thread title states, we will be visiting the DLR park the week of 4/28-5/3.

We have procured 3 day park hoppers and are trying to nail down the best days to visit do that we may avoid a large crowd.

This is our first visit since 2010 and we lookers forward to all the refurbs and new areas installed since then. As such, we are trying to plan so that we can get maximum enjoyment with minimum crowds.

So here I am asking the "experts" that visit parks very frequent, ie: AP holders.

Bottom line, what week days will be the least crowded for us peeps coming to your fair state from Arizona?

Looking forward to hearing from y'all.

Appreciate it.

My unscientific methods: 1. Find the Disney hotel AP rate calendar and go on the cheapest rate dates. 2. Make wild guesses about strangers' plans like, those who didn't go to DL over spring break are probably gearing up for a big summer trip so weekdays right now will be walk-on-dead :) 3. Tues, Wed, Thurs.

Touring Plans show the following predictions, their scale is out of 10:

April 28 - 6
April 29 - 3
April 30 - 4
May 1 - 2
May 2 - 2
May 3 - 7

Just keep in mind if you do go on say the Tues, Wed and Thurs there will be no fireworks, F! and you will have short hours of only 10 to 8 in DL and 10 to 9 in DCA.

Generally speaking, I find that Wednesdays are a good day to go, for the following reasons:

1. No Magic Morning.
2. It's the middle of the week, so you avoid those at the beginning/end of a
long weekend (i.e. Monday and Friday).
3. DL typically has short operating hours, thereby dissuading potential AP
holders.

There they are, in all their anecdotal, unscientific glory :-). Enjoy!

Rob

Generally speaking, I find that Wednesdays are a good day to go, for the following reasons:

1. No Magic Morning.
2. It's the middle of the week, so you avoid those at the beginning/end of a
long weekend (i.e. Monday and Friday).
3. DL typically has short operating hours, thereby dissuading potential AP
holders.

There they are, in all their anecdotal, unscientific glory :-). Enjoy!

Rob

And I do thank you for all of your tired less unscientific research that you did on my families behalf.

Oh i hope, hope, hope the crowd calendar is right. Will be there the same time. Can't wait!

If you want fireworks and/or Fantasmic! (which I would highly recommend), then you would need to go on either Sunday 4/28 or Friday 5/3. I like having at least one late night when I'm there, but everyone has different priorities.

If it's just about the rides and crowds, then midweek should be quietest.

Jungle Cruise is scheduled to reopen Thursday 5/2, if that's a factor for you.

Have a great trip!

If you want fireworks and/or Fantasmic! (which I would highly recommend), then you would need to go on either Sunday 4/28 or Friday 5/3. I like having at least one late night when I'm there, but everyone has different priorities.

If it's just about the rides and crowds, then midweek should be quietest.

Jungle Cruise is scheduled to reopen Thursday 5/2, if that's a factor for you.

Have a great trip!

We have seen both shows, so that is really not a factor. Only show we would like to view is WOC.

Easy Peasy right? Lol.

We have seen both shows, so that is really not a factor. Only show we would like to view is WOC.

Easy Peasy right? Lol.

I walked into DCA last Friday at 2:30 pm and they were still giving out WOC tickets. If you're concerned, then buy a picnic (are they still selling those)?

And anyway the trouble w/WOC isn't getting in, its finding (and holding) a spot where someone won't block your view, etc. During the last 10 minutes before the show all sorts of randoms like to come out of the woodwork.

During the last 10 minutes before the show all sorts of randoms like to come out of the woodwork.

Don't you love that? I showed up at the fire hydrant in Blue 1 hour before showtime and camped out with ALL OF US. Wasn't "holding" spots.

A family comes up right before showtime and tries to shove their way THROUGH US ( we were sitting down touching the railing ) almost stepping on my 2 year old son. I stood up and looked at the dad and said " we are going to stand up at showtime, you aren't going to stand between us, we've been here for an hour ". He took the stern hint and backed his pushy family off the top of mine.

I get there late sometimes - you know what I do? I stand in the back. I don't think I am entitled to a premier view in front of other families who got there long before me.

Disney is chock full of inconsiderate, socially inept idiots at a concentration level higher than any other place in my experience.

I agree with Wednesday :) That was always our favorite day to go, because things were much quieter. We would get out of school on Wednesdays and head to Disneyland. Even though we were there late afternoon, we still did everything we wanted to do. Enjoy your trip!

Touringplans has today (Wednesday) as the least crowded day until September. I hope that is right because we are going to try to go see WOC tonight without a fastpass!

Sometimes it doesnt matter if the day is busy or quiet....the lines for the rides have a flow all their own. That's where the line wait apps come in handy. I dont go enough to have it figured out on my own yet!

lilpooh108 said:
I walked into DCA last Friday at 2:30 pm and they were still giving out WOC tickets. If you're concerned, then buy a picnic (are they still selling those)?

And anyway the trouble w/WOC isn't getting in, its finding (and holding) a spot where someone won't block your view, etc. During the last 10 minutes before the show all sorts of randoms like to come out of the woodwork.

We need tickets for WOC? Do they cost extra, where do we get them?

During our 2 trips to DL both trips we found Sunday morning to be fantastic for low crowd numbers, right up 'til about 1130 - last Sunday we walked straight into Pirates of the Caribbean, Autopia and Nemo with barely a wait, and my husband got straight onto the Matterhorn. Quite noticeable though late morning the crowds started arriving, but definitely soon after park opening on a Sunday morning is a great time to get there.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest