Le Cellier or Shula’s

Shulas. I would do Le Cellier over pretty much any other steakhouse in WDW except Shulas and Bull&Bear. Le Cellier only gets a bad rap due to its price. It was the greatest thing since sliced bread until it became 2 credits in my opinion of course, others opinions may vary.

If you want Outback Steakhouse quality with poor service and high prices then LeCellier is your destination. Since I'm tired of being ripped off I'll go to Shulas

we have made a reservation for Shula’s

1) Good choice.
2) In fact, wife and I are doing "Date Night" next on 7/17/2018 at Shula's.

HINT:
. . . Ask for "JOE" for your WAITER.
. . . Arrive a few minutes early and have a drink inside the Shula's bar (not one of the lobby bars).
. . . Ask for "PERRY" as your WAITER/bartender.
These two should not be called SERVERS, because they are WAITERS.
To us, there is a HUGE difference between those who serve you and those who wait upon you.
PERSONALLY SPEAKING, we think eateries changed the titles to SERVERS, so they are expected to just schlep food and not to wait upon you !
We prefer waiters and waitresses, rather than servers !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
You will definitely enjoy it! I think it is the right choice given the date night aspect, since there will be more kids and noise in Le Cellier given that it is in the park and on the DDP. But just for others reading this, I'm going to offer a small plug for Le Cellier solely on the ground that, while nice steakhouses are a plenty at home, the only place you can get the "Disney" experience is Disney. It's what drives us back to San Angel Inn time and time again even though we can eat far better Mexican food at home.

ASnd f you feel like a little extra dose of Disney-ness, you could always wander the boardwalk, play mini golf, or go back into epcot illuminations after your dinner at Shula.

As an update, date night is on and we have made a reservation for Shula’s. We’re doing the CP pkg (Biergarten in case anyone is wondering) with our kids another night. :D

Ahhh we love the Biergarten too. It's one of our world showcase favorites. You'll like Shula's. And it's only slightly more than Le Cellier. The steaks are better. The tables aren't so close together, and it's not as noisy. Much better for couples night out. Oh and don't bother with some of the cheaper entrees like chicken or the like just to save money. Spend the extra $15 bucks and get a good steak. That's what you're there for.

Shulas. I would do Le Cellier over pretty much any other steakhouse in WDW except Shulas and Bull&Bear. Le Cellier only gets a bad rap due to its price. It was the greatest thing since sliced bread until it became 2 credits in my opinion of course, others opinions may vary.

But at the end of the day it is a lot about price and bang for your buck. The same meal that is a steal at 1 credit (which Le Cellier was in he early days of he plan) may not be worth the $70 out of pocket or two credits. Plus, when it becomes a two credit place, it's going to be rated against other two credit places or other things in its out of pocket range.
Back in the early iterations of the plan you got App entree, desert, tax, and tip. So here's this place called Le Cellier and the price is fairly high and poof, you can run it up for one credit. But even back then we felt that what we got wasn't worth it if we had to pay out of pocket. But it was definitely worth 1 credit. Another place that was a DDP 1 credit wonder was Spoodles. You could really run it up there because they let you have add on shrimp skewer and an add on scallop skewer on the plan!!!!! I rang up something like $110 on one credit. HAHAHA. Now. I'd have never done that if I was paying for it with cash. But we thought Spoodles more than worth a credit. Sadly, it's gone now. We still feel that Le Cellier isn't worth the out of pocket price and now that it is a two bagger on the DDP and the DDP is a bit less generous, it's just not worth that either. There are better places for two credits on property.

1) Good choice.
2) In fact, wife and I are doing "Date Night" next on 7/17/2018 at Shula's.

HINT:
. . . Ask for "JOE" for your WAITER.
. . . Arrive a few minutes early and have a drink inside the Shula's bar (not one of the lobby bars).
. . . Ask for "PERRY" as your WAITER/bartender.
These two should not be called SERVERS, because they are WAITERS.
To us, there is a HUGE difference between those who serve you and those who wait upon you.
PERSONALLY SPEAKING, we think eateries changed the titles to SERVERS, so they are expected to just schlep food and not to wait upon you !
We prefer waiters and waitresses, rather than servers !!!!!!!!

LOVE this - except we try to get BRANDI, when we can.... :).
....and GO for the Molten Lava Cake :). One cake, two people, or you will die :).

"should not be called SERVERS, because they are WAITERS"
True story: One night, my dear wife wacked a water glass. It hit the floor. Within SECONDS, professionals appeared out of nowhere, addressed the problem over a 15 second period, placed new water glass, turned around and said, grinning.... "WHAT Water Glass?".

I have not seen people like this since 1968 San Francisco. OH yes - THESE are WAITERS. And VERY good ones :).

Ahhh we love the Biergarten too. It's one of our world showcase favorites. You'll like Shula's. And it's only slightly more than Le Cellier. The steaks are better. The tables aren't so close together, and it's not as noisy. Much better for couples night out. Oh and don't bother with some of the cheaper entrees like chicken or the like just to save money. Spend the extra $15 bucks and get a good steak. That's what you're there for.

But at the end of the day it is a lot about price and bang for your buck. The same meal that is a steal at 1 credit (which Le Cellier was in he early days of he plan) may not be worth the $70 out of pocket or two credits. Plus, when it becomes a two credit place, it's going to be rated against other two credit places or other things in its out of pocket range.
Back in the early iterations of the plan you got App entree, desert, tax, and tip. So here's this place called Le Cellier and the price is fairly high and poof, you can run it up for one credit. But even back then we felt that what we got wasn't worth it if we had to pay out of pocket. But it was definitely worth 1 credit. Another place that was a DDP 1 credit wonder was Spoodles. You could really run it up there because they let you have add on shrimp skewer and an add on scallop skewer on the plan!!!!! I rang up something like $110 on one credit. HAHAHA. Now. I'd have never done that if I was paying for it with cash. But we thought Spoodles more than worth a credit. Sadly, it's gone now. We still feel that Le Cellier isn't worth the out of pocket price and now that it is a two bagger on the DDP and the DDP is a bit less generous, it's just not worth that either. There are better places for two credits on property.

I agree totally for the most part regarding your DDP assessment coming from someone who has never used the DDP, we have always paid oop or used TIW or earlier incarnations of that discount plan. However, since it switched to 2 credits "its a horrible restaurant, the food is atrocious, the service sucks, the tables are too close, golden corral, applebees or outback at best etc". Nothing has changed except the price. The food is still good, the service is still as good as it was before it went to 2 credits, the tables have not gotten any closer. Yes the bang for your buck has changed. Yes there are much better values on the Dining plan but to bash a restaurant because it costs more the way this place gets bashed is wrong in my opinion. Ive eaten here at least every 2 years since 1999 and have never had a bad meal. Granted my experience does not invalidate or devalue others experiences at all, it just boggles my mind the way this place gets trashed now a days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter