• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Last minute adding guest at Be Our Guest

Danemom

<font color=blue>My trouble is that I don't rememb
My next trip was originally a mother-daughter trip that grew into a family trip. My son was the last addition and added after I made our breakfast reservation at BOG. I have tried and tried to change the res from 3 people to 4 people but it always says there is nothing available. I've tried calling and asking but they say the same.
We have not been to BOG but at most restaurants the tables that seat 3 are 4 top tables so I'm not sure why this is a problem. I plan to keep trying (we go in September) but I'm wondering if it would be possible to ask when we get to the restaurant if I can't update it. Any CMs know if this would be a problem or has anyone had an experience like this? TIA

Second time this issue has been brought up today.

It's not a table size issue. BOG breakfast and lunch book to restaurant capacity. You seat yourself, so table size doesn't fit into the equation.

You can ask when you get there, but be prepared for someone to not be able to dine with the group.

You can also continue to look for a reservation for one within the same time frame. Again, since you seat yourself, you can all sit together once you get inside.

Sorry for the repeat. I appreciate your answer, I never thought about capacity being different than seating. I will try for a reservation for one and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks

BOG breakfast and lunch seating are “seat yourself” so it’s not a matter of table size/ seating arrangement so much as it is an issue of room capacity. Fire codes only allow a specific number of bodies and that’s the limit they can allow to be there at any specific time.

Try to book for 1 person near the time you have a resrvation for 4 and see if it lets you do so. Try for 15 minutes before to 15 minutes after your seating.

Also, if you will be near the restaurant prior to your reservation (on another park day or at park opening for a later reservation) you can definitely ask the Cast Member at the entrance. The worst they can say is that they can’t do anything, but they may be able to accommodate you or give you a better time to come back when they can.

My next trip was originally a mother-daughter trip that grew into a family trip. My son was the last addition and added after I made our breakfast reservation at BOG. I have tried and tried to change the res from 3 people to 4 people but it always says there is nothing available. I've tried calling and asking but they say the same.
We have not been to BOG but at most restaurants the tables that seat 3 are 4 top tables so I'm not sure why this is a problem. I plan to keep trying (we go in September) but I'm wondering if it would be possible to ask when we get to the restaurant if I can't update it. Any CMs know if this would be a problem or has anyone had an experience like this? TIA

A lot of people use touring plans reservation finder for hard to get reservations. It may be of help to you.

I realize that breakfast/lunch is different than dinner, but wanted to share a similar situation. My son invited his girlfriend last minute and we wanted her to join us for dinner at BOG. We had a reservation for 4 and this would make us a party of 5. No luck changing myself or at Guest Services, but GS told me to ask at the restaurant and they would probably accommodate us. I was nervous, but asked politely and had no problem at all. I would definitely ask at the podium. They do try to oblige.

I realize that breakfast/lunch is different than dinner, but wanted to share a similar situation. My son invited his girlfriend last minute and we wanted her to join us for dinner at BOG. We had a reservation for 4 and this would make us a party of 5. No luck changing myself or at Guest Services, but GS told me to ask at the restaurant and they would probably accommodate us. I was nervous, but asked politely and had no problem at all. I would definitely ask at the podium. They do try to oblige.
I had a very similar scenario. I was originally going with my husband and my friend and her boyfriend. The boyfriends brother ended up coming with us on the trip but we had already made dinner reservations for 4. We went to the podium before the bridge a few hours before we needed to check in. Also apologized and asked politely if anything could be done (the brother was willing to get dinner by himself or go on some rides while he waited). We were told to tell the people at the podium the same thing when we were ready to check in. They said most likely it's do able and not to worry-if anything we would just need to wait a little bit longer than our original reservation.

When we come back to check in we relay the message to the new people at the check in spot and they say not a problem, we go straight to the bridge and were seated almost 15 minutes after.

I had this happen as well. Original reservation was for 4. At the last minute, a friend decided to join us for the day at MK. I told her we had an ADR. She was fine with going her own way if needed, but we decided to ask. They had no problem at the podium, just told us it would be an extra 10 to 15 minute wait.

yes, when you are talking about restaurants, it's capacity, not table sizes. You can ask and it will probably be fine, because it works out most of the time, but no guarantees when you have a person not on the reservation.

There have been many who have had success asking because last minute cancellations and no-shows do happen.
Really the worst case scenario is that they can't accommodate you and you're out the $10 reservation fee (which they may remove once they hear your plight but that's not a guarantee).

The bigger issue is that if it's a PPO breakfast, the person not on the reservation may not be allowed into the park ahead of the park opening if the reservation does not account for the number of people you're trying to bring to breakfast.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your information!

I asked this just the other day and people were much less receptive. I wonder if it’s because I have a PPO breakfast.

I’m on the same boat. I have a friend who joined last minute and my 8am breakfast is a reservation for one. I’m actively searching for another reservation for two or a reservation for one closer to my 8am slot, but if I can’t find it, we plan to show up and politely ask if he can join me for breakfast. The worst that can happen is that they will say no and I’ll lose $10.

Last edited:
Keep checking, there were no reservations for the two of us for our September 1 trip and magically someone must have cancelled and it was suddenly available. I had been looking since 60 days out, you should be ok....sending pixie dust your waypixiedust:

I asked this just the other day and people were much less receptive. I wonder if it’s because I have a PPO breakfast.

I’m on the same boat. I have a friend who joined last minute and my 8am breakfast is a reservation for one. I’m actively searching for another reservation for two or a reservation for one closer to my 8am slot, but if I can’t find it, we plan to show up and politely ask if he can join me for breakfast. The worst that can happen is that they will say no and I’ll lose $10.
For PPO if someone does not have an ADR they won't be allowed through the rope. The rope CM cannot add people, and they cannot let someone through to wander around.

Yes but their adr is for 1 and trying to add the friend

And you nailed the reason for the different response. Your adr is for 1bso they will let 1 in ppo

Update: After checking many times a day, I finally got a 1 person ADR 5 minutes earlier than our 3 person ADR. MDE wouldn't let me have it because it conflicted with our 3 person ADR, but I called and was able to get. That was the last thing to set up for our trip! Thanks again to everyone who helped!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter