Large group...separate tables?

toystorymom

DIS Veteran
We are a group of 8 and I am ready to cry trying to make all these plans. It seems every PS I try to make they tell me, "OK, but we'll have to book 2 separate tables." If I take these PS with 2 tables, do the restaurants even try to sit us together?

I got the "2 tables of 4" again today for the CP at Garden Grill. I don't want to spend all that money for a nice Holiday Dinner and not be sitting with the rest of my family! It seems unbelievable to me that Disney has such a hard time accomodating large families, especially with this whole Magical Gatherings promotion.

Sorry, I'm just a little stressed.

Any advice or words of encouragement? Please!

Since Sat. I've been having to do the same thing for my party of 8. I've been calling right at 7:00 am. If I want us to all sit together we're eating at odd hours. I'm feeling frustrated.

Lori

We have a group of 9 going at Thanksgiving. I think only 1 of our meals we will be at different tables and that is CRT. We are able to eat together at Gardin Grill, 1900 Park Fare, Ohanas, Cape May and Chef Mickeys. Just ask the CM when can we sit together.

Jan :wave:

We ate as a party of 8 at GG. It was 2 circular "booths" of 4 that were open to each other. Think of it as sitting kind of like in a figure 8. We were able to see and converse with one another.

I've got a party of 12. For Thanksgiving dinner we've got 3 tables of 4.

For a trip we took in 2003, at some places I was able to book a table for 8 or for 12 (our numbers varied during the trip) and then we would end up having to sit at different tables. At other places, I was required to book the "two tables of four" and then we were all able to sit together. It made no sense!

I'd book the 8's when you can, the 2- 4's when you can't and then try to work out the actual seating arrangements when you show up at the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter