Landry's Restaurants...any reviews/recommendations?

MartDM

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I've got some Landry's gcs I plan to use when we are in Orlando and I'm wondering if anyone has any information to share on their Landry's Seafood, The Crab House, and Joes' Crab Shack restaurants.

We're not doing Disney this trip (we're swimming with Manatees at Crystal River & doing the Seaworld/Discovery Cove combo) and we ate at Rainforest last time so I'm focusing on Landry's other offerings this time.

Has anyone had good/bad experiences? Are they comparable to any other restaurant I might know such as Red Lobster? What are the general price ranges?

Please share your opinions so I know which to pick.

Thanks!

:confused:

Landry's restaurants are similar to the Darden chain in selection, quality and price. The Crab House has a bit more of a selection of crab than do the others, but I wasn't that impressed with the freshness of the crab when I was there about a month ago. Joe's can be a lot of fun if you are into loud and crazy and a bit silly. The food was prepared pretty good and tasted fresher than the Crab House. Landry's seafood I hated. The service was sloppy and the food was as close to inedible as it gets without sending it back and leaving. Won't go there again. Bear in mind I am incredibly picky about the freshness and preparation of seafood so may not be your best resource. I've tried all three of the Landry's chain and for quality of food I'd have to go with Joe's Crab house. For atmosphere, probably the Crab House, but that's because I like to talk when I go out to dinner and again, it was a bit loud at Joe's. Hope this helps and enjoy your gift certificates! :) :)

I'm not familiar with the Darden chain...which restaurants are associated with them?

We don't have kids so loud & crazy isn't really a requirement but, if Joe's is the best, do you think it would be raucous at around 2pm (which is when I suspect we'll be eating)?

Thanks for the info & if anyone else has opinions on the three restaurants, I'd love to hear those too!

Just wanted to add that the Darden chain consists of : Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze and Smokey Bones.

I love Joe's Crab Shack and I like Landry's quite a lot too. I've only been to the Crab House once and although the food was okay, the service was terrible. I have always had good service & food at Landry's as well as at Joe's. I prefer Joe's (I have a 4yo), the food is as good or better than Landry's and it is less expensive. I wish the Red Lobster gc I got for Christmas was to Joe's.......

The Crab Shack seems to be everyone's least favorite, huh?
Thanks for the info.

Anyone else have a review for me??

I've never eaten at the Crab House. I personally prefer Landry's over Joe's. I've never eaten at either in Orlando, though. Joe's is loud. The food is okay, but the menu doesn't really do anything for me. Landry's has a better menu. It's a bit more upscale (definitely a little higher than Red Lobster, but not fancy enough that you can't wear shorts), and there's a lot of variety. My family loves seafood, but I don't care for much other than shrimp or crab, and there's always something I really like at Landry's.

My family and I have been to Joe's Crab Shack here in Fayetteville and in Myrtle Beach, SC. Let me just say that I've had better at other places. The Myrtle Beach restaurant is better than the one here. We have also eaten at the Landry's in Myrtle Beach (at Broadway at the Beach) and thought the food was over-priced for the quality. My sister would agree. She ate at Landry's this past summer and wasn't impressed. I've never eaten at the Crab Shack. I do know people who love Joe's - food as well as atmosphere, but if I had my choice, I would eat somewhere else. Since you do have gc's to use, I'd try Joe's. I might add that since there are so many quality seafood restaurants in the Myrtle Beach area, my opinion may be a bit biased as to seafood. Nothing beats fresh cooked seafood at the beach! The chain places just don't quite measure up to the local places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter