• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ladies...What do YOU wear to the parks?

I've never been any time except the spring, summer and early fall so I usually take sundresses and maybe one or two pairs of shorts and t-shirts. I always throw one long sleeve shirt of some kind and one pair of capri's in as well. When I was there in April, it was a little chilly for me in the mornings and evenings so I had to carry a small clear backpack or messenger style purse to put a sweater in. If I'm wearing a sundress during the warm months, I carry a small crossbody, just something big enough to hold my cell phone, poncho (I never, ever, never, ever, never, ever go to the parks without a poncho) a cc, my AP and TIW card and a little cash. My reading glasses go on a necklace around my neck and get swapped in and out with my sunglasses and I always wear a ball cap and if it's not sunny I just attach it to my purse. On the rare occasion I'm wearing shorts, I try to fit my cell and cards in a pocket but I've yet to find ladies cargo shorts that have the pockets big enough for a poncho. My little backpack and my messenger purse are just big enough I can fit a small umbrella in so sometimes I'll take that instead of poncho. I almost always wear either Clarks flip flops or some other water type sandal.

I mostly wear jean shorts and t-shirts/sleeveless shirts. I do wear some casual dresses. I like to be comfy, but also look cute. I always bring a zip up hoodie just in case for some reason it gets chilly. I've been in early May and late October and this year I'll be going in early September so I'm expecting it to be hot hot hot!

I usually go for tunics/leggings or sundress. I also like to look "nice" in the pictures. We still take a stroller so I throw a light jacket/cardigan in there for at night/early morning. I always wear my sketchers though for comfortable shoes. You will see a little bit of everything there from sweats/t-shirts to fancy dresses. Wear what you feel good in! Disney is not a place to care what other people think of you.

I agree! I like tights or fitness pants under a cute comfy dress. Look nice in all photos, your 'can' never hangs out when you are sitting down, never have to worry about belts. I also wear good support for the ladies under the dress for rides like Space Mtn or the fast walkin/ occasional run to FP etc. Looks cute with a tiara too! Nothing is more unflattering on me than shorts, not sure why? Dresses just hit in a more flattering shape and length and the tights are super comfy, and they work whether you get soaked unexpectedly or are just hot.

Depends if I'm feeling like a "princess" or not!

Mostly I wear shorts and tees (I have a bunch of Disney-themed tees that I only wear at Disney). I enjoy the comments people make on my t-shirts.

But every now and then, I feel like dressing up and being a princess for the day. In that case, I wear a cute fluffy sundress with a light sweater (if it's going to be chilly). Guaranteed, at least one person will say, "Love your dress!" and if I'm very lucky, a castmember will call me "princess". Makes my day, every time! :)

Packing for a week, I usually just toss in a sundress or two, along with my usual shorts and tees. They look fine with sandals and they don't take up much room. I used to bring exercise shorts to wear under them, but there really isn't any need for them at Disney, as there aren't any extreme rides. I don't worry about flashing my undies any more - it's never even come close to happening. My dresses are about three to five inches above my knee in length (long enough to sit on).

@Magpie ...are you a small person...because exercise shorts are not about extreme rides... (as the comments above would suggest) although while on the topic, the last thing I want to do is stick to every seat I sit in, where everyone ELSE has stuck! :crazy2:

I only go in the fall. I usually wear non-cotton hiking style shorts so they will dry quickly if I get wet. I wear any t-shirt and keen sandals or sneakers. I don't dress up at all.

Yoga pants and a tank are the best, so functional at the parks. I like doing dresses too but with a yoga short or spandex underneath to reduce chafe. I also like the 2-in-1 shorts or skirts you can get at Marshals.

I don't own any sundresses. Shorts and tank tops/T shirts for me in warm weather. I would find dresses restrictive of my movement, such as sitting on the ground while watching performers at Epcot, climbing in and out of rides, plus I don't like wearing dresses at all!

My biggest issue is what to wear and match the shoes. I cant wear flip flops with ankles and plater faciatis (plus I watch people get their toes run over all the time with stollers!) So Im not feeling the sneaks and sundress look... guess its shorts and cute tops for me with my running shoes...

@Magpie ...are you a small person...because exercise shorts are not about extreme rides... (as the comments above would suggest) although while on the topic, the last thing I want to do is stick to every seat I sit in, where everyone ELSE has stuck! :crazy2:

I'm 5'7" and 140lbs. So... a medium person?

I don't like sticking to seats either, which is why I make sure my skirts tuck under my rear when I sit down. For me, exercise shorts were just a sweaty, uncomfortable nuisance and once I realized they weren't required to protect my modesty, I was happy to give them up for good.

My biggest issue is what to wear and match the shoes. I cant wear flip flops with ankles and plater faciatis (plus I watch people get their toes run over all the time with stollers!) So Im not feeling the sneaks and sundress look... guess its shorts and cute tops for me with my running shoes...

Tennis shoes can be very cute with dresses, and you can pair them with barely visible ankle socks, if you don't want to go sockless. Have you seen the new Disney Vans?

Florida has nasty, unpredictable weather. We usually dress in jeans and a t-shirt for daily park fun and then we'll change into something a little dressier for dinner. I love wearing dresses to our table service meals, then at night we're no longer sweating and don't have to change.

We also go in December, so without fail the night of our Candlelight Processional service is the coldest day of the month. It was once in the high 30s that night and everyone was cuddling together!

We go in summer now so I took sundresses and skorts with athletic tops. I feel cooler than when I wear capris or shorts and I also like to look cute in pictures.

I always were sundresses or skirts, but that's what I wear on a normal day when i'm home(and not in scrubs ha) and that's what I feel most comfortable in, so I say just go with whatever you feel most comfortable in!

I wear dresses all the time at home, but at the parks, I usually wear golf skirts, and a nice top. I'm not really comfortable in shorts. I usually have lightweight scarf or a little cardi, because I can get chilly in AC, and I especially don't like air blowing on my neck.

Taking moisture-wicking yoga pants (coordinating shades and tops for different days, ex. I have a Hilo Hattie Hawaiian top/matching ears, etc. for breakfast at Ohana) and nike frees or my mush flip-flops and a couple halter sun dresses. Then dresses and heels for dining at night because I like to get out of the park stuff and dress up nice at night. This is pretty much what I would do on any vacation though (minus the ears). The only exception is avoiding denim like the plague because water rides + wet denim is nasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter