LA Times - "Orange County could leap into yellow tier, with widest reopenings, as soon as next week"

Ugh, the availability calendar was just updated within the last hour and it looks like they opened a ton more capacity for the rest of May. I'm really tempted to cancel our trip this weekend. I can't imagine what the waits will be like with a 40% increase in visitors (assuming they are going from 25% to 35%, it would be a 40% increase).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210518-141847.png
    Screenshot_20210518-141847.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 19
Ugh, the availability calendar was just updated within the last hour and it looks like they opened a ton more capacity for the rest of May. I'm really tempted to cancel our trip this weekend. I can't imagine what the waits will be like with a 40% increase in visitors (assuming they are going from 25% to 35%, it would be a 40% increase).
We're going Thursday. Hopefully it won't be too crazy.

We'll be at the Grand Friday through Sunday, and in CA all day Saturday on the Memorial Day weekend. Still looking forward to it (that's an understatement), even if they do increase capacity (although selfishly I hope they don't).

I’m not shocked at all they opened up more spaces. They need money lol. If they can be at 35%, they will do 35%. No need to wait.

Will be interesting to see how the summer goes.

Told ya.

Not even a little bit surprised.

I just hope they adjust the ride capacity also so that the wait times dont just keep going up. Or open up fast pass again.
I saw this info pic from Gothic Rosie. I think ride capacity is hindered by state guidance. But they could do outdoor entertainment. That could potentially help. We shall see how things are this week, weekend, and next week.
D8B36155-1391-4C69-B4BA-20D9EEF8DA4F.jpeg

I doubt they are going to 35%, I believe they were operating at 15% before this increase, despite the fact they could have operated at 25%, so I am guessing it will be lower than 35%.

I doubt they are going to 35%, I believe they were operating at 15% before this increase, despite the fact they could have operated at 25%, so I am guessing it will be lower than 35%.

No, those lower numbers were for the first week only. They have been at 25% for a week at least.

I’ll take 35%. We were at WDW for five nights last week. It was very crowded. Disney won’t release the actual capacity but having visited the MK many times since 1971 when I lived in Florida, I know crowded and it was bad. Add low 90 degree temps, super high humidity along with face masks and it made for a less than enjoyable time. 35% sounds good to me. We arrive on 6/13.

Definitely encouraging to see capacity increased.

You've stated previously you live in Arizona multiple times. Why are you breaking Disney rules and state mandates?
Let Disney & the DISboards handle it, nothing in tippity's post broke the rules.

you had no issues getting in as an out of state resident? I'm visiting family in the area around the June 15th time frame and would love to get a day in DLR- hesitant to book park tickets and a reservation though without confirmation that the rules will change on June 15
You should probably take to this to PM. Any discussion of breaking the rules is against the board policy.

Board policy apploes to PMs as well.

No, it absolutely does not. I have had some PMs sent to me that would get people banned for life if they actually posted it, and when I reported the PM, I was told "we don't monitor PMs...put that person on ignore."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter