Knottsberry Farm or Universal?

tinaluis

DIS Veteran
I have two girls, ages 2 and 4. Which park do you think has more appropriate rides or things to do for their ages? We've been to WDW several times and they like everything there and we're planning on visiting Disneyland but I think I'd like to add one more park. Any suggestions would be appreciated -- including other parks I haven't mentioned but might be work a look.

We are going to Disneyland in June and we are asking ourselves that same question. We have been to both Knottsberry Farm and Universal Studios Hollywood and enjoyed them both, but I think this trip we are going to Universal. I think that Knotts has more rides for younger children. We were last there in 1998. our DD had just turned 9. She would rather go back to Knotts this year but I think Universal will be the choice of the minority. This year we are planning a day trip over to Catalina. My last trip to Catalina was when I was a toddler in the 60's. Good luck with whatever choice you make.

I would say Knott's, they have a whole section just for kids called Camp Snoopy. There are quite a few rides for them there. There are not as many family rides as Disneyland but some the whole family can enjoy. Universal has a lot of shows and I don't know that a 2 and 4 year old would want to sit through a bunch of shows. The Rides they do have aren't real little kid oriented. Hope this helps!

Definitely KBF!! My DSs love Camp Snoopy and there isn't a time when we have been there that we had to wait more than five minute for a ride. I wouldn't take my DSs to Universal until they were at least 10 years old.

with young kids I would pick Knots and as a side benefit it is much closer than Universal.

mickey76.gif

Thanks everyone for the information. I just found out that the hotel we got through Priceline is 2 blocks away from KBF so that seals the deal even further in addition to the postive things you've all mentioned about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter