Kids who pay adult price but want children's items

Your DD can order off any menu she likes. If she orders a kid's entree, they will bring her an "adult portion" of that item (you can do this if not on DDP too, and pay an "adult" price.) She can also "split" a menu. For instance, she could order an adult appetizer, a kid entree, and an adult dessert--or any combination. Just be sure they know she is an adult so that you get the adult portion of any children's entree items.

JoiseyMom said:
The execs at Disney are very bright people, if it was going to change I think it would have already, don't you??

Yes, they are very bright people but Disney really didn't anticipate just how much Guests would manipulate the plan to squeeze every last nickle out of it. They now know that it needs to change & that's what they're doing, but understand that it isn't as easy as a few clicks on a keyboard like some here have suggested. Like I said before, anyone who works for or has worked for the Mouse knows that changes can and normally do take quite awhile.

What you believe is entirely your choice, but others planning do need to realize that this could come at any time & they should really plan accordingly. There won't be any major announcement, mabye just a little blurb eventually added to the literature & website.

I'd really hate to see Guests vacation budgets blown because they acted on poor advice or misinformation.

:sunny:

We just returned with two 12 year olds. We had the dining plan and paid the adult price for everyone. The girls ordered off of the child's menu at Lecellier, Whispering Pines, 50's Prime Time, Planet Hollywood, and Coral Reef, which we paid OOP. We even did it at the Brown Derby, which is 2TS. We then used the extra credits for extra meals. We always explained up front what we wanted to do and no one had a problem at all. (We would order two appetizers and two desserts and just split them between the four of us).

We also ate at Ohana's, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace. Of course, these restaurants were buffet and we used the adult credits for the girls.

So, can a picky adult pay more and order a kids meal? Is it double the cost or something? I'd like to try fancier restaurants but DH eats like a child in tastes, not quantity. Is there an option for adults to do that? Although he might be embarrassed to do that and just make me nix any fancy dining.....

We have this problem also. I have a DD(12) who is really excited about being able to eat an adult entree and an appetizer off the adult menu! However, there were a couple of places where the adult offerings were a little too exotic for her taste and she asked if she would be allowed to order off the kids menu. I would think that Disney would encourage this rather than discourage, I mean it saves them money in the long run. If a child is eating $10 worth of food instead of $40 worth.... :confused3

ReallyFunMom said:
So, can a picky adult pay more and order a kids meal? Is it double the cost or something? I'd like to try fancier restaurants but DH eats like a child in tastes, not quantity. Is there an option for adults to do that? Although he might be embarrassed to do that and just make me nix any fancy dining.....

As an adult myself, I ordered off the kids' menu before. Sometimes it is the main meal and other times it is just dessert.

If you have a child who wants to order off the adult menu but you are paying adult DP prices, you need to tell your server that you want an adult size portion. They don't see the card until you pay. Our DS is 11 but looks younger but eats a lot.

I also let the server know right away that we are on the dining plan so that there is no confusion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter